GOLD

dabetchadabetcha Member Posts: 26
edited May 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
Dear Kabam, first of all, I know this topic has been brought up to you many times but since you are not doing anything to change this, I'm going to talk about this anyway.

I'd to thank you for this month's side event. Getting resources and crystal fragments is always welcomed, BUT they have no use if there are no new ways of getting gold easier. The amount of gold we get for completing quests is absurd; paying the sigil doesn't give you much more gold either and, most important of all, the cost to level up champions is outrageous compared to what we receive in gold. Yes, we get the resources but not what also matters the most: gold.

Is there a way for you to start changing this? or you hope for us to get tendinitis while playing arena only to get low amount of gold by buying arena crystals?

Comments

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Member Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    We have a thread for this. Consider posting your feedback there.

General Game Feedback
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,933 ★★★★★
    There are already tons of ways to farm and obtain gold. It is the most common resource in the game
  • Sparx265Sparx265 Member Posts: 268
    Okay guys heres the thing. I can acknowledge both sides here. I am suffering from huge problems with gold as well (granted I am making a lot of rank ups but still). I agree that there are a lot of ways to get gold, but they don't give much compared to a rank up.

Take for example incursions, which is arguably the best way to obtain gold (beside arena). I finished a full run of sector 6 and started with about 100k and ended with about 600k. I felt like I had a TON of gold, but low and behold, I rank up one five star to rank 3 and whoa, it was like a magician made all of my gold vanish.

I feel that they don't have to add a ton more ways to get gold (maybe a few other than incursions which reset once a month, and arena which isn;'t very possible if you have a life or a lot of school zooms and work like me. They just need to drastically lower the amount of gold that is required for rank ups.

Personally I feel that they should remove gold costs from rank ups entirely. We already need to work really hard to get catalysts, and I feel that that is enough of a cost for the rank ups. Now, level ups are different because ISO is relatively easy to get, and doesn't take too much grinding. I feel that leveling up should take gold.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Member Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Speeds80 said:

Keep the convo alive man. Gold is killing my will to keep playing

Well you made it through another month at least.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Yeah I’m such a bad person for advocating change or a rebalance, still here, but really finding it hard to want to do any arena every day, it’s purely my attitude towards arena that is the challenge, having done it most days for the last 4.5 years then feeling pushed to do more than ever to keep up with rankup materials that are more abundant than ever, guess I’ll just go back to the old t1a days where I skip rankup events and leave average 6*s on level 1. Good news is that the featured crystals are better this month so my 5 and 6* pulls will be much further apart, that will actually probably help balance it out as I’ll have more 4* pulls with iso to sell per 5 and 6* pull.
    The other good news is my kid is who I’m primary carer for is getting old enough to fish and hunt now, so maybe this game can take a backseat from being my main relaxation outlet. when I get to take my boat out fishing with him in the evenings. I won’t have as much to time for This grind of a game, see this is how normal people think and talk, if less grind equals a problem for Anybody then yeah I’m gonna have trouble understanding their motives for attacking everyone that suggest QOL improvements, thing I still don’t get is gold crystals, buff them so I can actually justify buying them with my arena units, needing to spend 4000 units to get enough gold to r5 a 5* just screams outdated to me
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    dabetcha said:

Dear Kabam, first of all, I know this topic has been brought up to you many times but since you are not doing anything to change this, I'm going to talk about this anyway.

I'd to thank you for this month's side event. Getting resources and crystal fragments is always welcomed, BUT they have no use if there are no new ways of getting gold easier. The amount of gold we get for completing quests is absurd; paying the sigil doesn't give you much more gold either and, most important of all, the cost to level up champions is outrageous compared to what we receive in gold. Yes, we get the resources but not what also matters the most: gold.

Is there a way for you to start changing this? or you hope for us to get tendinitis while playing arena only to get low amount of gold by buying arena crystals?

They’re giving you gold as part of the side quest rewards too.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Member Posts: 4,498 ★★★★★
    Arena + Side quest easily over 1 million gold from this side quest
    edited July 2020
    Yeah the side quest 300k just for epic is nice, Plus 600k if you can do Canadian thanks kabam, QOL upgrades as referenced in roadplan, great to see rubber hitting the road
  • Eternal_Tripod83Eternal_Tripod83 Member Posts: 84

There are already tons of ways to farm and obtain gold. It is the most common resource in the game

Yep sure is. 136 gold every 3 nodes or so right? What’s a rank up 200,000 and above. Then you get to spend the same amount to level them.

If you have an excess of gold tell us all the tips cause I live on this game, do everything in it, and gold is a problem. Currently 8 t4 class cats in overflow, 3 t2 a, and about 6 dupes of iso. (5) 6* sitting at level 1 and gold on empty. It isn’t spent on anything else in the game except ranking and leveling, so why are cats maxed and expiring - and gold is almost negative? Can’t sell any of them either my options are r5 a 4* I’ll never use cause of gates, which uses 3 cats and slightly less gold, or trade 3 for 1. What a deal.

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,762 ★★★★★
    Speeds80 said:

Yeah I’m such a bad person for advocating change or a rebalance, still here, but really finding it hard to want to do any arena every day, it’s purely my attitude towards arena that is the challenge, having done it most days for the last 4.5 years then feeling pushed to do more than ever to keep up with rankup materials that are more abundant than ever, guess I’ll just go back to the old t1a days where I skip rankup events and leave average 6*s on level 1. Good news is that the featured crystals are better this month so my 5 and 6* pulls will be much further apart, that will actually probably help balance it out as I’ll have more 4* pulls with iso to sell per 5 and 6* pull.
    The other good news is my kid is who I’m primary carer for is getting old enough to fish and hunt now, so maybe this game can take a backseat from being my main relaxation outlet. when I get to take my boat out fishing with him in the evenings. I won’t have as much to time for This grind of a game, see this is how normal people think and talk, if less grind equals a problem for Anybody then yeah I’m gonna have trouble understanding their motives for attacking everyone that suggest QOL improvements, thing I still don’t get is gold crystals, buff them so I can actually justify buying them with my arena units, needing to spend 4000 units to get enough gold to r5 a 5* just screams outdated to me

I feel ya. I'm tired of trying to get 5 and 6* shards from EQ every month. They should give us 100k for EQs and 500k shards for side quests so it makes it worth it. I'm tired of saving for days to just open a 5*. They need to do more. I don't want to do arena either to get those shards.
    edited July 2020
    Superiority complex much, the nice people were talking. 20 minutes a day to do eq And finishing in 2-3 weeks. hardly compares to an hour a day every day in arena. And remember how eq have fresh material every month, and a chance to learn the new champs. not something that hasn’t been upgraded for 4 years, same old criticisers, same toxicity. Same guys who think a game should be a grind and whis attitude is “don’t ask for anything to ever change” or I will jump at the chance to make fun of you
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★
    *Ding Ding* ROUND TWO.
    Round 10 more like it, two threads already closed today, gw hasn’t jumped in on this topic for a while, demonzfyre decided he was missing out because he hadn’t had the chance to flex his mockery for a while. So interesting that every reasonable thread with Anybody asking for anything QOL change is jumped on by the same ten people picking apart any suggestion, and mocking anyone for daring suggest less time in arena would be nice. Really really noticing the toxicity of those ten people that basically bully anyone who suggests anything QOL. Note how some of us were celebrating and praising today’s Side quest gold rewards, only for one of the notorious forum mockers to have to jump in and belittle the conversation that was being had, (not talking about you gw) yeah round 2 for sure. Only 2 debates I’ve Properly engaged in on the forums T1as and gold. I feel like kabam are finally listening and may take this chance to bail on the toxicity of those same ten people and let the forum noobs fend for themselves in this toxic environment for a while. Nobody suggest anything Ever! the game is fun enough as it is!
    Demonzfyre has to do damage control cause he’s an employee. Not only does he live on these forums, he goes to you tubers channels and makes the same arguments in the comments section. Ya gotta wonder about a guy so devoted to taking up for a company, has all the titles, the best champs, and the LOWEST PVP STATS I’ve ever seen on a 1.2 mil account. I know josh...”prove it”
    edited July 2020
    Ps gw I don’t count you as a forum bully in any way, stubborn as a mule yes, able to engage in deep conversation while never actually having a chance at being convinced of anything yes, smart and articulate yes, much more enjoyable than smarmy and belittling. Once you learn not to engage a debate with someone that stubborn too often the forums become much more enjoyable. For the record I feel much less bothered by the actual gold problem than I do by the belittlement and bullying done to anybody that speaks up about it in these forums, if gold isn’t an issue for you in its increased imbalance then That’s good for you and I hope you keep enjoying the game in whatever shape it keeps taking, let’s remember kabam were the ones who put QOL on the table this month, and belittling anybody querying why they have kept silent about the gold issue when it’s obviously a topic many People want to hear about. Is hardly helpful in any way
    These guys, thinking they do not have to earn resources the way every other player has and does. It’s like they think they are superior to others. Best part is when engaged in conversation about it some of them turn to posting toxic sludge.
    Here’s some sludge

Based on titles demonzfyre has been playing since roughly the beginning. I think I started mid 2017 or 18. Our pi is roughly the same. He claims to have an excess of gold, while I have nil. You Look at the numbers and tell me who’s put in the time and earned theirs, and who’s account is suspect
    Given he appears to be in a better position than you and does next to no arena Maybe you should read about how he does it rather than outright dismiss him, taunt him and attempt to disparage him.
    Good point, hey josh I’ll paraphrase his post. How do you have such good champs and an excess of gold While you do almost nothing in game?
    He probably just buys cavalier crystals, equals iso equals gold, or just resigns to not tanking up any champs lesser that the useful ones. Calling out bullying is not toxic, I’m not the one being belittling and smarmy. Just having normal conversations, I have a degree in theology and youth work and a professional communicator for ten years, teaching kids how to deal with bullies and make positive life choices. I recognise bullying and toxic behaviour when I see it and calling it out is not toxic, see how I engage people as people and don’t belittle their opinions on their situation, I only call out when people belittle other people for sharing their personal opinion
    I don’t trawl the forums looking for people to mock And belittle like the same 5-10 forum junkies like yourself
    Anybody with any constructive suggestion Whether valid or not is mocked and belittled, it’s actually a toxic environment with said bullies looking for people to mock and belittle over anything, the more I see it the more I hate this forum and feel sorry for anyone who thinks they can actually post anything here without being belittled
    Theology, no wonder this hyperbolic nonsense flows so freely.
    I think you’re proving his point with that comment.

While I respect the naive nobility in the wish for a world of sunshine and rainbows, this is the internet. Those who enter here know the road they face.
    Still live in the real world in every way. Because I’m a real person, who’s lived with real Life issues in every way. and likes to treat other people like real people. So once you go in the internet you’re entitled to mock, belittle and treat people like ****. Cool story bro

I think you’re proving his point with that comment.

While I respect the naive nobility in the wish for a world of sunshine and rainbows, this is the internet. Those who enter here know the road they face.

He’s been repeatedly demonstrating that he’s projecting for at least a day now. Offense is not give it’s taken; taken by people who’s position is so weak they need to make themselves out to be victims in an attempt to get an upper hand.