**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Another example of how kabam has no clue what their player base wants. Absolutely no clue whatsoever.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    GREAT! 5 minis with the same 3 attackers on a much bigger map, means more revives needed! No defender kill points! BIG SPENDERS WIN EVERY WAR!!! FUNNN!!!!!

Bigger map doesn't mean that you'll be having more fights. There will be just as many Defenders as there were before.

ok, just as many defenders. But defender kills, in combo with 5 mini bosses means $$ wins every war. No more skill. Good job killing wars.

The amount of items that any user can use remains the same, so every Alliance Member can still only Revive/Heal 15 times. This hasn't changed. Additionally, 5 Minibosses doesn't mean that any one person will be taking on more than 1.

The goal with the removal of Defender kills wasn't to increase the use of Potions or Revives, but to relieve the feeling of defeat that comes with taking one shot at a defender, losing, and feeling that you're now helping the other Alliance, so you stop playing, even though you have 2 perfectly good attackers still there.

I totally agree with @Kabam Miike on this one, It is a good way to level the difficulty to favor all alliance. Good job Kabam.

You can keep saying this is to remove the feeling of giving up but all you've done is made that worse. I can't speak for the entire community but I'd love to see some numbers substantiating how many people stopped attacking after losing ONLY ONE CHAMP. No way it could have been that huge of a number warranting complete removal of defender kill points.

As soon as you realize you're going up against a spending alliance you wind up stopping if you don't want to match. The amount of time for a war is now super long and ftp groups don't want to waste the time only to lose to a group of spenders FOR THE EXACT SAME REWARDS.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Yay indeed, but unfortunately, that will results in almost definite 100% maps when you try to place all those unique champs no one has past 4*40, ha. I simply don't have the t4cc to rank up a new crop of less effective defenders to gain Diversity points, not when I need to save up to rank 5* for future content. At least someone in my Ally has a Kang, so there's that...?
  • HieutbdHieutbd Posts: 2
    guys, go and down vote the game in the apps store to 1* and comment why there. That's the best way for them to listen
  • Chenn24Chenn24 Posts: 9
    Therealkai wrote: »
    Hi guys at kabam.

I would like to start by saying well done on the amazing game and thanks for all your hard work.

Now the real problem. I just wanted to ask what was the real reason of changing war structure the way u guys have done it? As most of us in the game have ranked up champs for defence which are no good now as we need to place more diverse champs? I find it hard to understand if you guys think it was a great idea after all the players spent their gold and iso with t4c and t4b to be sat on the bench?? I feel we have yet again been hard done. I am sure no one ways another boycott but we need to get this resolved. Also what about our hard earned money which we put in the game for maxing out MD and sigs stones? Yet again you find a way to ruin the game by making it boring. Most big alleys enjoy the game because of wars as AQ is boring as same old champs and maps. All of us are really upset as we were equally exited to see how these wars work out. I suggest you guys should provide rank down tickets and our sigs for all the champs we ranked up for defence so we can rank some useless champs up.

I hope you get it all resolved

I agree 100% Kai. It's a shame I spent so much time grinding for aw champs to have them now be useless to me. I don't think the maps need to go back to being as hard as they were but it should require some skill, not just a higher rating. @Kabam Miike I hope the developers listen to the players and do something to fix this.
  • Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Imo, this is the whole 12.0 nerf again, just in a different form. The champs nerfed in the 12.0 era, was because we kept using the same champs over & over again to beat in-game content. So... nerf all those champs. Now, the same exact excuse as before is being used, on having more range & diversity with using different champs in AW, because everyone is placing the same champs over & over again each & every AQ, before this change. So... They now go & nerf an entire map! Diversity points? Why, for what??? Who the hell wants to place champs on the map that are not even worth ranking up? Many of us have ranked up champs for nodes in the last map. Worthless champs, at that! Now, we have to rank up more worthless champs for these nodes on the new map? Diversity Points = avoiding to dish out more rank down tickets. Very slick...

A lot of these nodes are worthless in T1 AQ.
  • CorpsmanCorpsman Posts: 54
    This game team is a joke. Bugs, glitches, and dumb ideas that ruin the most fun part of the game. AQ is boring, AW used to be fun but know it's just who has the most diverse roster.
  • TherealkaiTherealkai Posts: 7
    I think being competitive is the difference between most of us and u dude. Its sad that u agree with us but still disagree and obvious than u enjoy the easy wars. Also mate i just wrote what i thought was wrong and apart from u rest of the guys agreed with me.
    Ps find a better hobby
    Hi guys at kabam.

I would like to start by saying well done on the amazing game and thanks for all your hard work.

Now the real problem. I just wanted to ask what was the real reason of changing war structure the way u guys have done it? As most of us in the game have ranked up champs for defence which are no good now as we need to place more diverse champs? I find it hard to understand if you guys think it was a great idea after all the players spent their gold and iso with t4c and t4b to be sat on the bench?? I feel we have yet again been hard done. I am sure no one ways another boycott but we need to get this resolved. Also what about our hard earned money which we put in the game for maxing out MD and sigs stones? Yet again you find a way to ruin the game by making it boring. Most big alleys enjoy the game because of wars as AQ is boring as same old champs and maps. All of us are really upset as we were equally exited to see how these wars work out. I suggest you guys should provide rank down tickets and our sigs for all the champs we ranked up for defence so we can rank some useless champs up.

I hope you get it all resolved soon.
    Kai Xilem
    Hi guys at kabam.

I hope you get it all resolved soon.
    Kai Xilem

No offense but this is straight up ****. @Kabam Miike made it clear from the various point of view and I agree with it. Stop crying about it and adapt to the new system. Kabam lost our respect when they nerfed some champs in the previous updates and we recovered from that and here we are again with another issue. It's just a game, bud.
    edited September 2017
    exactly! where is the skill if people are winning while losing their money as they dont have all the champs to compete with bigger alleys? dude i think we do pretty well at xilem with skill and wins. But skill is definitely removed.

i shall leave u with this as ur bed time must be near

not sure dude if taking sense would make any sense to this dude. Well done on the win tho
    Menkent wrote: »
    Bth024 wrote: »
    So we just lost because they only placed 145 hero to our 150 hero. So if we would of not placed any hero we would of won. How does this make it any fun to play compared to the old war. Need to lower the defender kills or raise the defender place to equal them out. I would love to have the old war back.

d45aro5o5q12.png

I'm in the ally that won this one. Completely idiotic that we win because our highest rated officer is out of town and didn't even join the war. Shouldn't that make us more likely to lose? There's no way this had a real beta testing period. Absolutely no way.

You won and yet you still complain about it. lol
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    I'm complaining because it's a horrible way to win and wasn't fair. If defensive kills counted we would've won anyway (maybe), but failure to place defenders shouldn't help you win. It's an obviously flawed system.
  • Therealkai wrote: »
    exactly! where is the skill if people are winning while losing their money as they dont have all the champs to compete with bigger alleys? dude i think we do pretty well at xilem with skill and wins. But skill is definitely removed.

i shall leave u with this as ur bed time must be near

In my alliance, we fought another alliance that placed an unusual amount of Magiks and Nightcrawlers for defense.

This is not skill. it's just a boring winning routine that we are all used to. It's time to try something new and adapt to it.

You can still place more of the same champs if you want but you won't get many points for that.

And nobody forced you to spend money on AW.

I'm Sorry about the **** comment though.

You obviously lack any decent understanding of the game you are playing, and basic skill to fight above mentioned champs. Placing champs in defense is no where defined as skill, taking down those crawlers in offense is the real skill. You are obviously dumb to even get that. Obvious troll account
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Mike you said there would be less linked nodes and waiting around for other people before you could move, actually it's the opposite, there is more waiting and more checking in than ever, it's horrible
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Is this adb0refdjsbn.jpg
    what you planned with your diversity and 5 miniboss nodes?

Also there only 1 path to the top left miniboss: surely this is a mistake since there are multiple to all others.
    Also Portalling costing 3 energy (the move to it, the portal, and then the move to the next node) is such a boring 3 hrs.
  • rozerosrozeros Posts: 39
    I feel really let down for grinding for mordo and dormmamu twice just to strenghten my aw def.. the changes that kabam introduced, made all my efforts pointless.. i think plenty of people feel the same way
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    rozeros wrote: »
    I feel really let down for grinding for mordo and dormmamu twice just to strenghten my aw def.. the changes that kabam introduced, made all my efforts pointless.. i think plenty of people feel the same way

Just expect disappointment from Kabam. I do. Hence why I don't grind. Better things to do than be a Kabam servant
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Let's just face it, kabam reads all these comments just like they did in 12.0, but they won't address the issues that we present. They say they have a beta testing team, doubt it. If they do, they don't play much or have normal accounts and grind arenas and play aq and aw. I've lost interest in the game, and it's a shame. Been playing for 2 years and I feel like I'm done.
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    If they want more diversity in defense, they should issue rank down tickets so we can rank down those useless mystics that have absolutely no worth imo, like Juggernaut and rank up some other champions. Not only mystics as well, even mutants and skills, classes with Champions that are exceptional on defense and utterly wasted on offense. I personally have no qualms with the "diversity" idea but honestly it wastes all those resources we've put into our "core defenders" as well as units and cores spent on class specific masteries like mystic dispersion.

So yeah RANK DOWN tickets are the way to go imo.
This discussion has been closed.