**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Rerolling the boss does almost nothing in Modok Quest.

NakuulNakuul Posts: 138 ★★★
It seems there are 3-4 buffs total the boss can have. Spending the buff rerolls continually gives the same buffs.

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    As someone who didn’t bring a fireproof champ and got trial by fire (2seconds) on the initial selection and after the first two rerolls I agree that it needs to be slightly more diverse, but that also means you can just bring colossus and run the skill path with him alone. Since we know pretty much the toughest fights we can get.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Buff pools definitely seem more confined, I’m just seeing emphatic lock rage crumbling armour brute force and kinetic transference over and over again
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    Nakuul said:

It seems there are 3-4 buffs total the boss can have. Spending the buff rerolls continually gives the same buffs.

I've noticed this too, I rerolled 3 times on the boss and got the same nodes every time. 1 was power flood 🙄, and another was Mighty charges which kinda nerfs Archangel 😡
  • Aamir123Aamir123 Posts: 92
    I also got spite, rage, masochism every time. 2 of these 3 were always there.
    I ran through epic a second time just too see, this time the Boss was Darkhawk with Spite and Masochism, rerolled 5 times and couldn't get rid of either. Needless to say I'm not doing epic again, not even worth it.
  • Aamir123 said:

I also got spite, rage, masochism every time. 2 of these 3 were always there.

Same as well as ossicilate when I was up against an NC boss twice.
    And the worst part yet is we go through all this for what, 500 5* Shards, 100 6* Shards and 60 coins. Completely underwhelming and not even worth the effort put into completing the quest.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    wasted a ton of gold on my alt to roll between 6 buffs. This is silly.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Rerolled Spite and Rage to get Spite and Rage again. Second roll gave me Spite and something else I forgot.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Same here. My final boss was a nightcrawler with masochism and might charge I rolled and masochism stayed but I had biohazard with it. I rerolled again and had masochism with mighty charge.

Needless to say I got wrecked and with nightcrawlers cloud of smoke when he dashes back I get dizzy and made a mistake

I proceeded to say "imma head out"

Rewards aren't even worth it

• TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    Masochism 3 rolls in a roll for me. Just used the delete to get rid of it, buy wasted those rerolls.
  • KnasKnasKnasKnas Posts: 28
    edited June 2020
    The difficulty of this event compared to the Rifts is sooo different. We're matched up against 5/65 6* champions with 10k attack rating along with annoying buffs... Not only is it harder, but the rewards are not anything special either.. I guess its better since you get to choose this time though...

I thought they were gonna experiment with fun nodes that reward/punish certain playstyles, but nope
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    I agree, rerolled 4 times on a boss and got Rage and Masochism every single time. Uhm, what's the point in giving us a reroll of it doesn't change the nodes?!
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    I second this. Got Nightcrawler twice in a row and his nodes shuffled around Masochism, Rage, Spite, and Mighty Charge.

I mean, which combination of those would you even remotely want? The AI, which randomly shifts between passive and aggressive, isn't even something to look forward to.
  • HaamertailHaamertail Posts: 109
    Ya, I burned all re-rolls on boss too. All I got to come up with monkey was some combination of masochism, mighty charge, and rage. There was a fourth but I can't remember it. B.s.
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    I see no point in re-rolling, fights are a face roll tbh
  • mdsubmdsub Posts: 180
    Last months event was much more fun. I’m not bothering with this trash. It’s more difficult &the rewards are garbage
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    Yeah I noticed this in the Sinister labs, bt it's worse here because there are more fights per path that may force you to reroll. Wasted by randomizers over 3 Epic quests trying to get rid of cerain buffs..ended up just powering through. Seems geared to getting you to buy revives or more randomizers..or deleters.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Do yourselves a favor. Run Master. I'm not spending the month getting stressed out everyday. You'll still make enough for the Gem if you do the Objectives and Solos. Honestly, Epic is OP for no apparent reason.
  • Biollante442Biollante442 Posts: 74
    I rolled over 5-6 times back to back in one and literally I got the same two nodes 5 times, caltrops and brute force (didn't have bleeding immune champs or enough resources to handle brute force) so yeah, I don't like this event at all.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    The re-rolls are stupid, but knowing that you can build your team to cover some obvious issues. You NEED a bleed and poison immune champ. It would be wise to bring something incinerate immune. Something with DoT and something that can handle buffet/masochism would help. Power control always helps. Does that seem like a lot to bring? It's as few as two champs - ogv/guilly and void. If you're recently uncollected and don't have the roster options, do master level... just like the rest of us did the first time this event dropped. Epic MODOK labs have always been hard.
  • G2DKG2DK Posts: 243
    Just re rolled 10 times and got combinations of Rage, Masochism, and Spite only. Didn’t see any other node but those. Broke?
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Always Spite, Rage, Masochism or Oscillate nothing diffrent