**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Removing Defender Kills, decreasing points for defender placement and INCREASING points for attacker kills, you get EMPTY DEFENSE !!
    Like what exactly were you guys thinking Kabam !? What did you do in those 6 days that AW was off. I mean it's just absurd that one alliance that leaves their whole defense EMPTY with no bosses at all can just win over one that spend time creating a defense and managing nodes etc. I mean, what are beta testers for !?
    Facing alliances with no defense is just waste of 2 days dammit.

There's a simple fix to this. Make the defender placement points EQUAL to attacker kill points. That way we don't get screwed by filling our defense.
    Or just bring back the defender kills.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    Make it difficult and people cry saying it's a cash grab
    Make it easier and people cry that it's boring
    Make up your mind! Wtf do you want?

LOL. I totally agree with you, mate.

Make it right...its that simple. Placing no defense as a way so win is terrible.

• AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    1 Attacker Kill = 150 points
    1 5k PI Repeat Defender Placed = 10+50 = 65 points
    1 5k PI Diverse Defender Placed = 125+10+50 = 185 points

If you don't want alliances that place no defense to win, the solution is simple: Don't place repeat defenders.
  • BozwelBozwel Posts: 8
    Bring back defender kills, fix the scoring so that it doesn't incentivize placing fewer champions, and scrap the diversity nonsense. If you really want diversity, BUFF the champs that are considered worthless and/or come up with nodes that make certain champs good defenders. The current diversity mechanic is the laziest possible "solution" to the problem - instead of making the bad defenders viable, you've just skewed the scoring system to make people want to place bad defenders. But what kind of defense strategy is that? Can you imagine any sport or competitive game where they purposefully change the rules to encourage poor strategy, simply to make the teams/players do something different? Hey maybe we should change the rules of chess to make "pawn a4" a valid opening move, since right now it's trash, so we'll just make it so that the other player's knights just randomly die off if you make that terrible move? That's a horrible opening move and really isn't part of any viable opening, but I guess that's one way to add "diversity" to the game. Also, the energy costs are way too high and it just feels... the entire system is just boring.

The current system is just bad on so many levels; please fix it. AW was my favorite part of this game.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    AxeCopFire wrote: »

If you don't want alliances that place no defense to win, the solution is simple: Don't place repeat defenders.

Except that there aren't 150 different champs in the game to place.
    Anonymous wrote: »

Except that that is irrelevant, because diversity is separate per BG.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★

except.... GROOT... GROOOT.... GROOOOOOT!
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★

It wasn't supposed to be according to the announcement
  • PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    edited September 2017

,ndidkdjrn stupid post failure go read underneath here

It wasn't supposed to be according to the announcement

Yeah because Mike has totally never been wrong before.

I have Nightcrawler as one of my top champs. I ranked him up solely for for defense, because defender diversity didn't matter. Now it does. You're telling me that my decision to use rare resources and make Nightcrawler one of my few champs that I actually use was a waste?
    Phantom wrote: »

I have Nightcrawler as one of my top champs. I ranked him up solely for for defense, because defender diversity didn't matter. Now it does. You're telling me that my decision to use rare resources and make Nightcrawler one of my few champs that I actually use was a waste?

No I'm telling you that if you don't want alliances that place no defense to win, the solution is simple: Don't place repeat defenders.

No I'm telling you that if you don't want alliances that place no defense to win, the solution is simple: Don't place repeat defenders.

Let me rephrase that:

You're telling me that I can't use my Nightcrawler if I want to win against people who take advantage of this moronic setup?
    I'm telling you that up to 3 people could place Nightcrawler, if they all aren't in the same BG, or if someone in your BG already placed Nightcrawler and you really felt that Nightcrawler was going to stop anyone from getting by no matter how many times they revived, you could sacrifice 125 points and place him anyway. It's your choice.

However I'd suggest creating a strategy with your BG to decide who has the strongest copy of each champ and work out who will use them and what other champs they will place to create the best synergy team while remaining as diverse as possible. It leads to a lot more interesting strategy than "everyone place Nightcrawler, Magik, and Juggernaut"
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Just to be as transparent as possible, Kabam is FORCING us to exploit the game in order to have a chance at winning. If we actually play AW the way we're supposed to, we are handicapped.

The current strategy:

Everyone in a BG places their single highest rated champ without doubling up. That's 30 defenders.

The points gained from a 30 man defense in diversity, rating and placement along with the points taken away from the other team in attacker kills outweigh the points gained from a full 150 man defense in those categories.

Was this tested? Or, is the only math Kabam knows how to do is $$$.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    Hey there everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback about this. I'm going to go ahead and keep this thread open for everyone to tag in on, but please remember to be constructive when posting and to be mindful.

I'll be merging threads over so we can keep things organized.

Judging by your comment, I will assume that this was meant too happen or you guys knew it would happen from your lack of concern. Also by not telling us that you will have the team look into this immediately.
    ZzyzxGuy wrote: »
    Just to be as transparent as possible, Kabam is FORCING us to exploit the game in order to have a chance at winning. If we actually play AW the way we're supposed to, we are handicapped.

The current strategy:

Everyone in a BG places their single highest rated champ without doubling up. That's 30 defenders.

The points gained from a 30 man defense in diversity, rating and placement along with the points taken away from the other team in attacker kills outweigh the points gained from a full 150 man defense in those categories.

It's kind of ironic that you say Kabam can't do math, when you think that 5x10=30
    I'm telling you that up to 3 people could place Nightcrawler, if they all aren't in the same BG, or if someone in your BG already placed Nightcrawler and you really felt that Nightcrawler was going to stop anyone from getting by no matter how many times they revived, you could sacrifice 125 points and place him anyway. It's your choice.

However I'd suggest creating a strategy with your BG to decide who has the strongest copy of each champ and work out who will use them and what other champs they will place to create the best synergy team while remaining as diverse as possible. It leads to a lot more interesting strategy than "everyone place Nightcrawler, Magik, and Juggernaut"

You're proving my point, whether you want to or not. I don't have the strongest Nightcrawler in my BG. You said, if I want to win, I can't place him now. In order to win the broken War, I can't use the champ I ranked up solely for War.
    Hey there everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback about this. I'm going to go ahead and keep this thread open for everyone to tag in on, but please remember to be constructive when posting and to be mindful.

I'll be merging threads over so we can keep things organized.

Judging by your comment, I will assume that this was meant too happen or you guys knew it would happen from your lack of concern. Also by not telling us that you will have the team look into this immediately.

It seemed to have backfired... they wanted more $$$ by taking away DKs. They thought people would buy more revives and potions, but now, the best way to win is to do as little fighting as possible.
    edited September 2017

You're proving my point, whether you want to or not. I don't have the strongest Nightcrawler in my BG. You said, if I want to win, I can't place him now. In order to win the broken War, I can't use the champ I ranked up solely for War.

I completely understand your point. The thing is, I just don't care about your point. The only thing I am telling you is how to win, not "should you or shouldn't you be angry at Kabam for changing wars."
    ZzyzxGuy wrote: »

The current strategy:

It's kind of ironic that you say Kabam can't do math, when you think that 5x10=30

Reading Comprehension Level 0

It doesn't work that way man... You can have a full 150 man defense that has every champ in the game, but if they don't give you enough opponents to fight, you wont get enough points to win.

Here's what you just said in math terms:

150 is greater than 185.

I hope that you can see your error there.

I completely understand your point. The thing is, I just don't care about your point. The only thing I am telling you is how to win, not "should you or shouldn't you be angry at Kabam for changing wars."

What you're saying is that the only way to gain more points than an alliance who doesn't place defenders is to NOT use the best defenders that your whole alliance has ranked up?
    edited September 2017
    If someone else in that same BG already placed that defender, then yes, don't place your "strongest" guys
This discussion has been closed.