**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Modok Lab Difficulty.

Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
edited June 2020 in General Discussion
Are the (EPIC) Modok labs too difficult. Ignore the rewards and just answer about the sole difficulty. (I’m tired of people asking this question in a stupidly biased way and wanted a concise answer.)

Modok Lab Difficulty. 99 votes

Yes
34%
GroundedWisdomzuffyGameBreakerTerraEB54CassyCupidMoosetiptronicScopeotoe987ChampioncriticspaceoctopusXva23psp742MiStaLovaKalantakDJMNHKRANꓘUsername19273DeathLoveSPIDER_MAN 34 votes
No
65%
MegaSkater67Timone147xNigSpity68NifzTendersquadNoodes_VerzzMoo00seLvernon15OdachiarsjumThecurlerMixalisNemesis666HendrossMenkentHammerbro_64WorknprogressBroken 65 votes

Comments

• Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    No
    I don’t think the difficulty itself is too bad, I mean epic seems like it is geared towards cavalier players and that is the direction I want difficulty to go in the game but the rewards just aren’t the same story
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    No
    Should be more than doable with a decent roster of r4 5*. Pick a team so you have choice of a few paths before entering.
  • TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 366 ★★★
    Cosmic path, rank 5 Doom, ‘nuff said!
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Yes
    I find the master difficulty quite messed up. I can only do it easily only with my top champs who are usually stuck at war or quest so it’s hugely annoying especially considering how crappy the rewards are
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,624 ★★★★★
    No
    Easily doable with rank 4 5* but anything lower than that should not even be in epic
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 650 ★★★★
    No
    It really isn't even that bad. You can literally pick any path, and the types of enemies.

Rewards are trash for the effort tho.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    No
    Straight forward, the only difficulty some people are facing is reading. It's the complete opposite of the act 6, 1 or 2 champ only paths because you can bring a team for the path you want, use synergies and class advantage and your golden.
  • Man_BatMan_Bat Posts: 331 ★★
    edited June 2020
    No
    Take a team that can easily manage one particular class plus at least one generally good champ for the boss so you don't get caught with class disadvantage.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Yes
    It’s not very difficult but unlike other events this year it requires you to be focused every day. As an example rifts I had fun test new champs not even thinking about difficulties. So all in all I think that the difficulty is not worth the rewards as much
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Yes
    So far tech path has been the easiest so far. It's only difficult when you have to use champs of a specific class to maximise on modok coins and doing that in the labs only serves to further increase difficulty.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    No
    For me specifically they’re a piece of cake, but yeah, for players without 6* corvuses rooms and ghosts and all the other crazy chanps yeah, they’re too difficult for below average rewards
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    No
    I agree the rewards should be better for the difficulty. However, as far as the difficulty itself, it’s less than Variant level or Act 6.

I’d say it’s equivalent of Act 5.4 difficulty.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    No

So far tech path has been the easiest so far. It's only difficult when you have to use champs of a specific class to maximise on modok coins and doing that in the labs only serves to further increase difficulty.

I find mutant to be the easiest personally. I bring somebody beefy for Domino and G2099 for Havok and there aren’t really any nodes that are too problematic.
  • FenicoFenico Posts: 306 ★★★
    No

Those who say no I wna them to think from mid players or newly Uncollected players point of view.Just think for a minute how difficult is it do with 4* rank 4 Champions.On my main and 2nd account it is very easy.But on my 3rd account it is nearly impossible.

Are you serious that it should be doable with 4* r4 champs?

Come on mate if you have that low champions choose difficulty that suits those champions.

Are you going to complain that you can't complete Abyss with those champions? Of course not that would be ridiculous. I know this is stretched example but it is the same thing basically.
  • FenicoFenico Posts: 306 ★★★
    No

It’s not very difficult but unlike other events this year it requires you to be focused every day. As an example rifts I had fun test new champs not even thinking about difficulties. So all in all I think that the difficulty is not worth the rewards as much

You have to just log in to collect the thingy from calendar. Otherwise you can run through side event anytime you want, even more times in the same day.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Compared to other Epics, yes. For me, that's always been important. Having an Epic every 5 or 6 months that a portion of people aren't capable of doing, at the very least making it much more stressful for them, is a problem. There are too many people in the same demographic that are at a range of stages. Which is why I'm grateful they're introducing Road to Cavalier.
  • Giodood_1Giodood_1 Posts: 388 ★★★
    No
    the labs are actually one of the easiest side quests for me
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    No
    I just wanted to leave some pics for those that are frustrated with the difficulty of this event.

Nick Fury Intel Quest (Week 2 Boss. Keep in mind that you can’t use just any champ in your collection.)

Squirrel Girl Acornucopia Quest (This quest was timed but luckily had an option to keep your loot by leaving the quest.)

I believe that this Modok quest is supposed to be a fusion of the normal labs and these events where you can get guaranteed rewards with the special coins. This just seems like a logical progression and honestly makes me feel baffled as to why so many people are so surprised when this is just a basic difficulty progression from what we’ve had before. Claims that this is “harder” than Act 6 are TOTALLY unjustified as I have recently been through hell with my recent initial completion of 6.4 last week. I really hope that the community sees how unnecessary it is to claim a difficulty jump and that they can understand that they should just run the Master difficulty of this side event. I apologize if I came off a little too harsh and may not understand a key viewpoint but it just seems like this complaining is totally blown out of proportion.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Yes
    For the record, I've brought up that consistency whenever they jack it up. This year has been pretty much on par. The problem is progress is built over time with consistent effort. Increasing it every now and then just roadblocks people and leaves them confused. Aside from that, I don't see the point in raising the PI that much for a Daily Side Quest with Nodes that rotate randomly. Kind of overkill.