**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

12829313334120

Comments

  • Options
    Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 153 ★★
    I'm in the middle of my second war. My alliance won the first one. It doesn't change the fact that AW is utterly lame now. I'm not even going to go into why it's lame because everyone has already identified the problems. In fact, most problems were identified BEFORE AW was released. That's how obvious the problems were.

    And, everyone who says it's a good thing that AW is easy is missing the point. AQ can be easy. You're fighting against the AI. AW is meant to see which alliance is more highly skilled. With the laughably easy map it comes down to who throws more diverse champs in there. What kind of stupid victory condition is that?
  • Options
    TherealkaiTherealkai Posts: 7
    This is the problem. How could u just release something without testing it. Its crazy. Lower alleys will never win against higher alleys as they will have more champs
    I'm in the middle of my second war. My alliance won the first one. It doesn't change the fact that AW is utterly lame now. I'm not even going to go into why it's lame because everyone has already identified the problems. In fact, most problems were identified BEFORE AW was released. That's how obvious the problems were.

    And, everyone who says it's a good thing that AW is easy is missing the point. AQ can be easy. You're fighting against the AI. AW is meant to see which alliance is more highly skilled. With the laughably easy map it comes down to who throws more diverse champs in there. What kind of stupid victory condition is that?

  • Options
    AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    Surely the portal Nr. 9 should be able to port to Nodes 51 and 53, not 51 and 48?
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Lol careful what you ask for. Those complaining the new AW is too 'easy', will you be content if they buff every node to an additional 100% health & attack, more debuff immunes, more powergain, more BS to where you need potions to complete harder paths. Would that make people happy?
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Lol careful what you ask for. Those complaining the new AW is too 'easy', will you be content if they buff every node to an additional 100% health & attack, more debuff immunes, more powergain, more BS to where you need potions to complete harder paths. Would that make people happy?

    That's not what people asked for. We asked for better rewards for winning or losing tougher wars in top 100 matchups. Having been in tier 4, 3, 2, and 1, and also a significant amount of time in top 30, there is no comparison. It is way more difficult to win. We wanted better rewards so we didn't have to shell.
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Anonymous wrote: »
    Lol careful what you ask for. Those complaining the new AW is too 'easy', will you be content if they buff every node to an additional 100% health & attack, more debuff immunes, more powergain, more BS to where you need potions to complete harder paths. Would that make people happy?

    That's not what people asked for. We asked for better rewards for winning or losing tougher wars in top 100 matchups. Having been in tier 4, 3, 2, and 1, and also a significant amount of time in top 30, there is no comparison. It is way more difficult to win. We wanted better rewards so we didn't have to shell.

    Gotta be fair doing all shell alliance stuff is a real lame move.
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Anonymous wrote: »
    Lol careful what you ask for. Those complaining the new AW is too 'easy', will you be content if they buff every node to an additional 100% health & attack, more debuff immunes, more powergain, more BS to where you need potions to complete harder paths. Would that make people happy?

    That's not what people asked for. We asked for better rewards for winning or losing tougher wars in top 100 matchups. Having been in tier 4, 3, 2, and 1, and also a significant amount of time in top 30, there is no comparison. It is way more difficult to win. We wanted better rewards so we didn't have to shell.

    Gotta be fair doing all shell alliance stuff is a real lame move.

    It was only a shell because a merger didn't work
  • Options
    Afri4ColaAfri4Cola Posts: 28
    ReyAlemán wrote: »
    We just got defeated by the 3rd place globally. Why did we loose? Because they have "exclusive champions"... ur whole system is broken we cant defeat them and we doesnt even have a chance to do it.

    Tell me how to get a Thanos, Kang, OG Vision and OG Deadpool????

    None of the alliances "burn out" boosts or revives, thats good for us but really really bad for u guys.

    4i2uqhpmli4v.png

    How you may have won:
    Place 116 instead of 150 Champions.
    You would have gotten 1700 Points less for fewer defenders placed. ... and slightly less points for a lower defender rating.
    They would have gotten 5.100 Points less for 34 fewer attacker kills.
    You would have won.


    But whait ... they might know this, too. Maybe they are placing 124 defenders next war ... and no champ 2 times.
    They would get ~175 points for every of those 124 defenders und you get 150 for killing those champs.

    And yes ... then you can't defeat them ... until you have at least 124 champions within you alliance.


    So welcome to the defense 1* original vision and 3* immortal iron fist.

    Did i mention that this new system is utterly stupid? We would have won our first war with the new map if we hadn't placed any defenders...
  • Options
    ZBTtargetZBTtarget Posts: 19
    What happened to the "keep track of the number of times you are MVP in your summoner profile"?
  • Options
    0xdmd4fq71ad.png

    Anyone notice whats wrong with this war ! . We are 8mil ally went up against 10.5 mil alliance. both got 100%. We were clearly the better side if you look at the defender kills. But we lost the war by 91 pts, coz they placed 5 less defenders that costs us 750 pts. How is this fair ? I am not sure why kabam cant see how flawed this whole setup is.
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike any word on the state of this AW an how broken it is. You guys messed up on this despite the community predicting this situation. Time you guys held up your hands an admit you were wrong on this
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Please kabam, change the rewards so we don't have to be lame and shell again for more shards. These poor little alliances don't deserve the beatdown like they get. But we deserve higher rewards for beating top 30 alliances.
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Anonymous wrote: »
    Please kabam, change the rewards so we don't have to be lame and shell again for more shards. These poor little alliances don't deserve the beatdown like they get. But we deserve higher rewards for beating top 30 alliances.

    Umm...i think this new scoring system/ease of aw severely limits the ability to use shell alliances
  • Options
    ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike

    Just to be as transparent as possible, Kabam is FORCING us to exploit the game in order to have a chance at winning. If we actually play AW the way we're supposed to, we are handicapped.

    The current strategy:

    Everyone in a BG places their single highest rated champ without doubling up. That's 30 defenders.

    The points gained from a 30 man defense in diversity, rating and placement along with the points taken away from the other team in attacker kills outweigh the points gained from a full 150 man defense in those categories.

    Was this tested? Or, is the only math Kabam knows how to do is $$$.
  • Options
    Thats the new AW strategy now. Just place few unique champs in defense, deny opponent team all the attack kill points and you win the war. Ridiculous scoring system. So many of us predicted this before it went live but kabam just ignored everyone.
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    I think what Kabam was trying to do here had good intentions however there are some key areas where they fell short. Increasing diversity is fine and good but when that's all anything is going to come down to in high tier it's kind of backwards.

    In no particular order

    1) Taking out defender kills doesn't take away the feeling of defeat, it takes away the feeling of victory you get when your defender gets a kill and adds to your point total. Numbers speak volumes, if there is any kind of real data that shows people quit after losing ONE CHAMP in AW then maybe this had some merit.
    The point of an alliance war was one winner and one loser, if people died to champs they couldn't handle their BG should be penalized. Right now it seems that AW is about how many different champs can you bring and still 100%.
    If defender kills were the difference between a win and a loss then it's working perfectly. How can you win a war when died more times than the other group....
    Proposed changes
    Bring defender kills back but make the points less.
    Have defender kills only count after a certain number depending on the Tier you're in. For example, Tier 3 has a 50 death cap, everything after that gives points to the other group.
    2) Energy costs are a bit much, 3 energy to get to a portal, use it and then make the next move. AQ is already long enough. Pair that up with a long path in AW and you're dedicating a lot of time for something that shouldn't take the full 48 hours to complete (Defense and attack).
    Proposed change
    Easy fix could be removing a lot of the empty nodes.
    Make portal transportation cost no energy.
    3) Rewards have stayed exactly the same. To my previous point, the amount of time dedicated to AW should either get cut down or rewards should increase to compensate for the increased time spent in AW.
    Proposed changes
    Make map quicker to finish
    Increase rewards
    4) Defender diversity is a good idea-ish but it contradicts defender rating so which one should really be the defining factor? One is telling you to bring the highest PI champs but the other is asking for something "diverse." If the goal here is to just have alliances rank subpar champs so that they're PI is high and they get diversity points then I guess mission accomplished....
    Proposed changes
    It sounds like the same thing but basically do the reverse. Take away points for bringing the same champs. Now you can at least choose mid-tier defense instead of being stuck with the Kamala Khan you know nobody else wants to put down.
    5) Stale AW map replaced by an even more stale map
    Proposed change
    The nodes in chapter 5 have been pretty fun to play around and I was personally hoping for some of those to make an appearance in AW.
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,058 ★★★
    The only reason diversity points came about was because we all play the same defenders. The reason we play the same defenders is because of how effective MD is as a mastery for mystics and how useless all but collartech is (collartech sucks though because you need 15 points in defense). The other reason is how bad so many of the heroes are. Shehulk...KK..carnage...phoenix...and on and on.
  • Options
    gkelly26gkelly26 Posts: 51
    I really hope the dev team are listening to the community. War was the best part about the game and now it's so boring and rewards nothing for skill. I'm hopeful they are working on a ways to rectify the problems brought up by the community and save alliance wars
  • Options
    BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    ab9d0k4o66gf.png
  • Options
    ab9d0k4o66gf.png

    You guys were better in literally every aspect of this war, but still lost just coz opponent team dint place defenders. AW is plain BS now. Kabam are not even acknowledging this mess forget about of rectifying it.
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    This is all actually really funny. Hard to imagine they didn't see this coming
  • Options
    vikky89 wrote: »
    0xdmd4fq71ad.png

    Anyone notice whats wrong with this war ! . We are 8mil ally went up against 10.5 mil alliance. both got 100%. We were clearly the better side if you look at the defender kills. But we lost the war by 91 pts, coz they placed 5 less defenders that costs us 750 pts. How is this fair ? I am not sure why kabam cant see how flawed this whole setup is.

    Man I feel for you, this new War is totally crazy. Kabam needs to do something asap.
  • Options
    Itay1234212Itay1234212 Posts: 62
    love the new war system keep up the good work kabam
    u dont need to use pot!!!!! its the beat! so u win some lose some, get over yorself!!! and just play its more fun
    i dont know way ppl only love to play ageint 10 magic, 10 iceman, and so on, its borring and expensiv so, the new war system is great
  • Options
    love the new war system keep up the good work kabam
    u dont need to use pot!!!!! its the beat! so u win some lose some, get over yorself!!! and just play its more fun
    i dont know way ppl only love to play ageint 10 magic, 10 iceman, and so on, its borring and expensiv so, the new war system is great

    Lol i am not sure if you are trolling or just ignorant. Its not about magiks or icemans, Its how New AW points are setup. Whoever places less defenders wins the war. Not sure how is this is fun
  • Options
    AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    vikky89 wrote: »
    love the new war system keep up the good work kabam
    u dont need to use pot!!!!! its the beat! so u win some lose some, get over yorself!!! and just play its more fun
    i dont know way ppl only love to play ageint 10 magic, 10 iceman, and so on, its borring and expensiv so, the new war system is great

    Lol i am not sure if you are trolling or just ignorant. Its not about magiks or icemans, Its how New AW points are setup. Whoever places less defenders wins the war. Not sure how is this is fun

    Not true. If you place unique defenders only, you'll beat zero defenders. The more, the better actually
  • Options
    New war format is totally garbage. We all spent resources to build up war defences, and then they changed the whole thing. Now I have to use diverse defenders and all the ones I ranked up specifically for war, no longer have any use to me. Also the tactic of placing 0 defenders seems like the easiest way to win - this makes total sense! 0 defenders on both team, 0 items used, no units spent. well done Kabam! Great work on the new map you bunch of idiots.
This discussion has been closed.