**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

so what about those who complete initial run of act 6? or explore 100% act6 in hard mode

Comments

• Options
    Lunchbox78Lunchbox78 Posts: 36

They get the title "Better than you"

This would be fitting. I haven’t gone through act 6 yet because of the damage pools, making it easier for everyone else should warrant those who have already completed it the epic title of “Better than you!”
  • Options
    TheMightyJonTheMightyJon Posts: 52

They get the title "Better than you"

This would be fitting. I haven’t gone through act 6 yet because of the damage pools, making it easier for everyone else should warrant those who have already completed it the epic title of “Better than you!”
    Or people who explore after rebalance get the title "Throne Breaker Junior'.
    Seriously though I'd go for revives, potions, boosts I'd use them to help towards exploring Abyss, the only problem would be they would need to be higher value ones so people weren't likely capped on them or somehow extra to the inventory because if people have everything done and a full inventory they shouldn't just be able to expire.

• Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    @TheTalents @StevieManWonder
    That was the reason for my question. We have people who have not done abyss, but have explored act 6. We also have people who have done everything in the game. So, potions and revives could be useless for them. And too much could go into overflow and expire.So, as much as we are talking and arguing in the thread about compensation, it will be impossible for kabam to satisfy everyone. Regarding other items, even I will be pissed if they give sig stones and t5cc only to people who completed earlier. I don't care about shards and I did not care about shards for abyss too. It is a big deal, but it can be earned relatively quickly. Items are a whole different game.The only reason I am not motivated to do act 6 is the rng in the crystals. I don't want to be punished for bad luck in the crystals.
    @TheMightyJon Title sounds awesome. But, my hope is they allow people to do it with earlier difficulty too to earn that title. It could be a choice or you could do both for additional rewards.

• Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Monk1 said:

It’s simple really.. if the make content easier then either reduce rewards (not really an option as already a bit short) or give more to those that completed it in its current form.

I don’t spend on game but managed to do 100 by grinding arena, saving units and carefully planning how to get through it. Took a long time, but was worth it! I also enjoyed the challenge it poses and really tests your roster and skill.

And I’m not bitter but will be annoyed if make it easier and do not compensate people who invested time, effort etc

I am just curious as to what you think is a good enough compensation? If Kabam gave out 10 lvl 3 revives and 25 lvl 5 health potions, would that be enough? Because I am almost certain the units are not coming back. And unless they reduce energy cost, energy refills are not coming back. If they give more shards for people sho completed early, its going to cause another thread like the abyss one. How do you think they can compensate effort and time?
    I think they should offer more rewards, maybe 25% t5cc or 10k 6* shard feels fair.

I still got a few paths of abyss to finish, so revives would be ok, but not great As I don’t have a torch or void to counter a few of the paths.

Whatever, if anything they give, it needs to be something to at least try and recognise the extra efforts people put in.

My larger concern for the game is they just respond to people
    Moaning and make things easier. I don’t want to argue about difficulty again.. but you got people saying they can’t do the champion fight with a r5 sig 200 capiw.. that is poor skill level
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

@TheTalents @StevieManWonder
    That was the reason for my question. We have people who have not done abyss, but have explored act 6. We also have people who have done everything in the game. So, potions and revives could be useless for them. And too much could go into overflow and expire.So, as much as we are talking and arguing in the thread about compensation, it will be impossible for kabam to satisfy everyone. Regarding other items, even I will be pissed if they give sig stones and t5cc only to people who completed earlier. I don't care about shards and I did not care about shards for abyss too. It is a big deal, but it can be earned relatively quickly. Items are a whole different game.The only reason I am not motivated to do act 6 is the rng in the crystals. I don't want to be punished for bad luck in the crystals.
    @TheMightyJon Title sounds awesome. But, my hope is they allow people to do it with earlier difficulty too to earn that title. It could be a choice or you could do both for additional rewards.

It's more that I think they should buff Act 6 rewards in general because they suck and then just send them out to everyone who already explored it. My Act 6 exploration did little to nothing to my account in terms of items. I got a cosmic gem (useless since I have Corvus awakened already and don't have Sparkles) and my second mutant t5cc (which only allowed me take Psylocke up to r3 without worrying about if Havok would have been better to take up). I had immediate uses for 3/6 gems and 5/6 catalysts, but nooooooo, I got to double up on my catalyst rather than getting to take Ghost, Corvus, Sym, Nighttrasher, or Void to r3.
  • Options
    Monk1 said:

Pulyaman said:

Monk1 said:

It’s simple really.. if the make content easier then either reduce rewards (not really an option as already a bit short) or give more to those that completed it in its current form.

I don’t spend on game but managed to do 100 by grinding arena, saving units and carefully planning how to get through it. Took a long time, but was worth it! I also enjoyed the challenge it poses and really tests your roster and skill.

And I’m not bitter but will be annoyed if make it easier and do not compensate people who invested time, effort etc

I am just curious as to what you think is a good enough compensation? If Kabam gave out 10 lvl 3 revives and 25 lvl 5 health potions, would that be enough? Because I am almost certain the units are not coming back. And unless they reduce energy cost, energy refills are not coming back. If they give more shards for people sho completed early, its going to cause another thread like the abyss one. How do you think they can compensate effort and time?
    I think they should offer more rewards, maybe 25% t5cc or 10k 6* shard feels fair.

I still got a few paths of abyss to finish, so revives would be ok, but not great As I don’t have a torch or void to counter a few of the paths.

Whatever, if anything they give, it needs to be something to at least try and recognise the extra efforts people put in.

My larger concern for the game is they just respond to people
    Moaning and make things easier. I don’t want to argue about difficulty again.. but you got people saying they can’t do the champion fight with a r5 sig 200 capiw.. that is poor skill level
    I understand the point regarding doing whatever people ask. But that's not what is happening. Act 6 was a genuine pain point for many people. Could they have done it given enough time, may be. But, that is not how your typical gaming mind works. If you explore act 5, you next logical step should be to tackle act 6 which is impossible with act 5 rewards. You can say that you should complete side events, eq, LOL and all that jazz, but what if I am a player who wants to do only story mode? A gaming company should look to retain players and that is what Kabam did by agreeing to the change. Would people have really quit en masse if they denied that? May be. May be not. But, why would they bet on that, when what people were asking were not too extraordinary.
    When abyss came out, I did not see posts saying collector is a cash grab. Why, it is honeslty a BS fight, which cannot be soloed by any current champ in the game. So, majority accepted that it was a long term goal. Not many will accept the same for a story arc in a game.
    We have been asked for nerfs left and right in the forums for the most ridiculous reasons. Kabam have responded only to a handful of things. So, I don't think it was only due to moaning. The data that they have also has to support that people are not progressing in game. They cannot continue with the game only with spenders small or big. You also need the bits and bobs to play the game.
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★

@Bidzy7

I hope you all enjoy Act 6 Lite and get some good stuff at the end. Best of luck.

And we hope you enjoy convincing yourself that you don’t care about any of this. Best of luck.
  • Options

@Bidzy7

I'm not quoting that whole post and I'm not gonna keep wasting my time on this as like I said I legitimately don't care what they do as I'm done with it. I have an opinion on the effect it has on the game down the road but I've more than said my peace on it. Whatever happens with current content effects me in no way shape or form.

I didn't follow you into another thread or disagree for the sake of disagreeing, I posted No bc what you said was just incorrect. They were asking about completion not exploration and you brought up getting the nexus crystal soon.

And I'll absolutely be going with the why bother engaging certain people option here. I promise you I'm not the one that feels superior in the slightest. Thinking what some of you and others said is ridiculous doesn't make me superior it means I have a different opinion. I hope you all enjoy Act 6 Lite and get some good stuff at the end. Best of luck.

Act 6 lite? They could simply reduce attack rating and retain the gates which was the main issue for some guys like me. Don't know if it would make that "lite" but whatever. I guess we will have to see what kabam comes up with. Cheers
  • Options
    qartweli said:

No need for su huge discussion

There is no doubt the game has to be fair and guys who have done content in its harder state should get balance compensation because the new guys can do it easier

Thats like 2 times 2 is 4

The compensation shouldnt be some huge expectation but at least some bundle of units.
    And it depens how significant is the nerf of act6
    Depending on nerf i would assume between 1500-3000 units should be compensated

Hahahaha. You are dreaming mate. Wake up asap.
  • Options
    qartweli said:

I am awake and i dont think that happens
    I just say my opinion what would be fair

Do you think my post is not fair?

1) I don't remember Kabam ever returning units spent in game to clear content. It will be in term of items.
    2) What you are suggesting is a relatively huge amount. An Odin is 3.1k units I believe.
    3) People who went for Legend runs got a shiny new champ. Some people like Brian grant did not use any items to explore most of act 6. How would it be possible to give fair compensation for people like this. I am all for compensation and it should depend upon the change. But, lets not go overboard here.

Sorry if I offended you with my earlier comment. It was too unrealistic
  • Options
    To be fair an Odin In units (giving it costs Kabam nothing) is not a lot given what I probably spent clearing it.

I know 100% that I spent more than that fighting the champion to learn mechanics and be able to beat him 6 times with all the different nodes. I will admit first time I was poor and took a few try’s and lots of units to get to place where last run I solo’d him with SS
  • Options
    I really don’t want to Call anyone out but here is a prime example of why people think 6.2 onwards is hard.. blasting through content that roster is just not ready for with one champ

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/204284/account-progression-need-help
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

qartweli said:

1) I don't remember Kabam ever returning units spent in game to clear content. It will be in term of items.
    2) What you are suggesting is a relatively huge amount. An Odin is 3.1k units I believe.
    3) People who went for Legend runs got a shiny new champ. Some people like Brian grant did not use any items to explore most of act 6. How would it be possible to give fair compensation for people like this. I am all for compensation and it should depend upon the change. But, lets not go overboard here.

It is unrealistic but 2k-3k would be more than fair. Most people that completed all of act 6 spent a lot more than that on just the Champion no retreat node. I certainly did and I'm not the worse player.
  • Options
    Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    Monk1 said:

I really don’t want to Call anyone out but here is a prime example of why people think 6.2 onwards is hard.. blasting through content that roster is just not ready for with one champ

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/204284/account-progression-need-help

I mean he has Aegon hence why he has been able to get through alot of stuff. Is that his fault Aegon has allowed him to get through it.

This is the RNG that people have complained about being a determining factor for getting past content in act 6. Some happy to throw units at it others not.

Also is he complaining about not being able to do act 6 ?

He is asking for what he should focus on next
  • Options
    Bidzy7 said:

Monk1 said:

I mean he has Aegon hence why he has been able to get through alot of stuff. Is that his fault Aegon has allowed him to get through it.

This is the RNG that people have complained about being a determining factor for getting past content in act 6. Some happy to throw units at it others not.

Also is he complaining about not being able to do act 6 ?

He is asking for what he should focus on next
    It is the complete opposite. And a good example That this account is nowhere near ready to be doing act 6.

He can’t get past 6.2 because his roster is not ready. He got lucky on RNG so can clear 6.1, but they want to control progression until Rosters are ready, hence the gates and need for Specific counters for certain fights in paths.
  • Options
    Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    @Monk1

Yeah and if he tries to do 6.2 he will find that out.

One can argue people demanding compensation for the 1000s of units spent in act 6 were not ready for act 6.

If he pulled SS and cap IW in next two crystals, he can also get past 6.2.

This is not good progression gating, this is simply RNG progression. Another player could spend 2 years grinding and not get the champs to clear 6.2 etc which is why people have been asking for change and why Kabam will now be looking at this and hopefully alleviating this.

They could also make it so you have to 100% Act 5 to unlock access to act 6.
  • Options
    MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
    Markjv81 said:

Did they give compensation when Act 5 or LOL was changed? Don’t think so.

You were happy and comfortable to do it at the difficulty it was and that’s the end of it.

That’s like saying I should be given an Aegon/ghost/Corvus/doom etc because you got to explore it using those champs and I don’t have them.

Just bc I had a good check that week and bought bunch of units to complete it doesn’t mean I was happy to do it
  • Options
    Bidzy7 said:

@Monk1

Yeah and if he tries to do 6.2 he will find that out.

One can argue people demanding compensation for the 1000s of units spent in act 6 were not ready for act 6.

If he pulled SS and cap IW in next two crystals, he can also get past 6.2.

This is not good progression gating, this is simply RNG progression. Another player could spend 2 years grinding and not get the champs to clear 6.2 etc which is why people have been asking for change and why Kabam will now be looking at this and hopefully alleviating this.

They could also make it so you have to 100% Act 5 to unlock access to act 6.

Exactly, this is what I have been saying for some time. Champion boss was skill based, but it was also hugely rng based. Some one could pull the counters within 1 year and some one else could wait for many years and still wait for the right counters. It was not a good method of gating.Elder's bane is the logical gate for act 6.
  • Options
    qartweli said:

Pulyaman said:

qartweli said:

No prob mate but they have alreadz compensated with big units
    Really? When did Kabam compensate with units? I am honestly not aware of this.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Pulyaman said:

qartweli said:

That point includes contradictions to itself, which is pretty damn funny. BG went for legends and didn’t get a shiny new champ while also spending a fair amount of units for 6.3 alone; not counting 6.1 and 6.4; While he did 6.2 without items the amount of energy refills spent on restarting lanes was not cheap either.
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

qartweli said:

That point includes contradictions to itself, which is pretty damn funny. BG went for legends and didn’t get a shiny new champ while also spending a fair amount of units for 6.3 alone; not counting 6.1 and 6.4; While he did 6.2 without items the amount of energy refills spent on restarting lanes was not cheap either.
    I don't know how I contradicted myself. The fact that BG did not get the champ does not matter. You risk that by going for the run. You don't expect a participation trophy, do you? I made the example of BG because not many if anyone attempted an itemless run. Some people had perfect counters, some put items to use and ran through. It is impossible to make a compensation tailor made for each individual run.
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

qartweli said:

I don't know how I contradicted myself. The fact that BG did not get the champ does not matter. You risk that by going for the run. You don't expect a participation trophy, do you? I made the example of BG because not many if anyone attempted an itemless run. Some people had perfect counters, some put items to use and ran through. It is impossible to make a compensation tailor made for each individual run.
    A participation trophy? Your point was that people who went for legends got a champion for their efforts which is false and contradicted by the next example you used to dismiss people. You’re firing wildly here, trying to hit what exactly?

While arguing that the unit value previously suggested was out of line you asserted that people who spent for legend runs were rewarded with a champion, this is false. You used a person who went for a legend run and did not get the champion as an example of who would be hard to adjust for since he spent nothing but that person spent countless units not items, there are countless documented times where instead of using an expiring revive he used many energy refills instead. It’s a strong argument for a large amount of units which you were arguing against.

Idc much about compensation (Despite huge unit expenditures on two failed legends runs, one of which I put cash towards content for the first time when I came up short on one run) but 1.5-3k is a fraction of what a significant portion of people spent on the content, including your examples used to minimize what people put into the content. Come correct, get real.
    Hmm. I agree that I was not clear on the legends point. Not everyone will get the champ when going for a legend run, but if compensation is given, it cannot be tailored to each individual person because the spending is vastly different for some people who went for legends run and in the process explored the content and for some others who got all the champs already and had to spend only for energy refills. When going for a legends run, you know the risk of not getting the champ. The fact that BG went for the champ and did not get it cannot factor in the compensation because when you try the run, you run the risk of bugs, emergency maintenance and a whole load of issues.
    The point I was trying to make was that, I have never seen units being a compensation. May be kabam would give out an equivalent amount of items, may be they won't. I don't know. But, it could be similar to CMM abyss compensation
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    There have been times units went out as compensation or as part of a package, rare but has happened.

While I am here I’ll leave me shower thought for compensation.

The problem with generic compensation in the form of consumables is that they potentially go to waste and this happens too often. Maybe vouchers that allow players to sell them or use them to buy varied consumables at the time of their choosing is a better way.

You could have a revive vouchers that when sold give x revives; same for potions and energy refills. Alternatively vouchers could be issued that allow players to buy those items somehow, but that seems to be more complicated with more overhead and GUI space.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★

There have been times units went out as compensation or as part of a package, rare but has happened.

The problem with generic compensation in the form of consumables is that they potentially go to waste and this happens too often. Maybe vouchers that allow players to sell them or use them to buy varied consumables at the time of their choosing is a better way.

You could have a revive vouchers that when sold give x revives; same for potions and energy refills. Alternatively vouchers could be issued that allow players to buy those items somehow, but that seems to be more complicated with more overhead and GUI space.

Or better yet giv a lvl4 review with a limte of 30 means u never hav to be scared of run of it and this lvl4 can only giv out from compensating
  • Options

Really, I did not know that. Other than mastery changes or changes to actual purchase, have units been returned for content change?
    I agree, generic compensation may not be useful for people who already have a lot of stuff already. Its like this alliance ticket situation. Vouchers seem like a better idea, but again if it is a new concept, I don't know if Kabam can do it at this time.