**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

July 4th. Will you spend?

Gmoney220Gmoney220 Posts: 38
edited June 2020 in General Discussion
I am an end game player. The game for me is currently in shambles. It comes across as the road maps is a way to keep us on the hook so we spend money on the 4th. For the first time in my 5 years of playing the game, not only will I not be spending, I think the game is on a quick down slide and it genuinely feels like the end is near.

When we the players are clearly the only testing taking place at our expense that says it all.

Comments

• zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,145 ★★★★★
    Nope, I haven’t spend in the last few months and no plan to with this BS war.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    This will be the second time in the 5 years I've been playing I won't be spending on the July 4th Deals.. The first time I didn't spend i had only been playing for a few weeks and didn't know if it were a game I'd continue to play. Although I don't intend to spend on the 4th.. I might for cyber weekend.. well.. if they aren't still playing this game of delaying information.. or saying things will be happening.. and then not coming through.
  • Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 370 ★★★

I won't be spending. I dont like being Kabam guinea pigs testing out their mess for them. Everyone said the node interactions for AW would be bad but they didn't listen. They preached about open communication and failed immediately on this instance regarding AW. They preached about less stressful node design and less punishment yet they pushed something out that was the exact opposite eventhough they knew. Too many red flags. Good luck to all who spend though!

Spot on!
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    I'm not sure if I will. In past years it was automatic... but their unwillingness to walk back the war season indicates a pretty broken culture within kabam to me. I'll give them this week to see what they have to say, and then if the deals will actually help me progress (6* AG? t5cc?) I might.
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 594 ★★★
    I’m not quite in the same boat. I’ve been patient the last six months re: rank up materials and hoarding them.

The deals would have to be really really good. In the past I needed resources so spending on the deals was worth it. This year, the need is not prevalent. My purchases or lack thereof is definitely going to depend on the price
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,769 ★★★★★

Rookiie said:

For me its pretty simple i will not spend. Simply because they don't care about their customers. I play a few games and during this pandemic with millions out of work kabam did nothing to show it customers that they understand and care. Other games I play hard these very cheap deals gave free stuff to keep you engaged in the game. I think they had the energy calendar but that's it. the deals never got good and i would say they might be even worse for this current situation. They just never act appreciate the community plus they **** has just gotten repetitive and abusive. You can never expect nothing from them therefore i will give them nothing.

This is a bit extreme.

1) It's not that they don't care about their customers. It's just that they went so far down the wrong path and ignored our calls for so long.
    IMO... this is the very definition of not caring for someone... when you refuse to at least acknowledge their perspective. Just saying. 🤷‍♂️
    But the roadmap was built on our feedback, right? You can't deny they're trying to change their ways.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    I will if there is plenty of T5b and T2a in there.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★

This is gonna be a fun one. I’m gonna spend I know a lot of people are pissed with Kabam. I have said multiple times I don’t see it. But I respect people’s decisions not to spend.Im gonna spend on something I enjoy playing no matter what other people tell me. But also I don’t think it’s quite black and white in this situation Kabam isn’t always wrong and we aren’t always right. But a example of Kabam getting it wrong is war which they did Badly on for season 19. I also see a lot of people saying to just release all the stuff they promised right now. What??? As a developer for a small game that’s ridiculous. Their is no chance they could release it all at once that suggestion at least to me is flat out unreasonable. But that’s just my feelings I know this is gonna get disagree bombed because i did not bash Kabam with a rock but that’s just my feelings on this matter.

I find your position very reasonable. Personally, whether I spend on J4 depends on if the offers are worth my money. If they are disappointing, then I have grinded enough to get all of the unit offers anyway...provided they are worth my units.

Until I know the offers, I can't decide if I will be spending or not. And what others decide will have no bearing on what's best for my account. 🍻 Cheers to you all!
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

For me its pretty simple i will not spend. Simply because they don't care about their customers. I play a few games and during this pandemic with millions out of work kabam did nothing to show it customers that they understand and care. Other games I play hard these very cheap deals gave free stuff to keep you engaged in the game. I think they had the energy calendar but that's it. the deals never got good and i would say they might be even worse for this current situation. They just never act appreciate the community plus they **** has just gotten repetitive and abusive. You can never expect nothing from them therefore i will give them nothing.

This is a bit extreme.

1) It's not that they don't care about their customers. It's just that they went so far down the wrong path and ignored our calls for so long.
    IMO... this is the very definition of not caring for someone... when you refuse to at least acknowledge their perspective. Just saying. 🤷‍♂️
    But the roadmap was built on our feedback, right? You can't deny they're trying to change their ways.
    That's a completely different argument. To which I say we have seen mostly promises. The AW update is a miss of colossal proportions. But to be fair...the Class Nexus 10 is a pro-player move that I thought Kabam was incapable of. That crystal gives me hope that the company behind my favorite mobile game...juuuuuusssst might wise up before they alienate their entire customer base.

Here's hoping! 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞😊👍
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    If I can straight up buy a champ I’ll spend. Guaranteed. That’s not happening, so I’ll wait and see what’s left in the game. Right now, save for 100% abyss I have absolutely nothing to play for. But I’m missing a key champ, so unless there’s basically a guarantee I’m good
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I think a lot depends on where you are in game progression. I completely understand the endgame players reluctance to spend any money - I think Kabam’s strategy for end-game player retention has been missing the mark.

I have an underdeveloped roster and have 6.2/3/4 to complete still so the deals will have some value to me (I hope). I’ve saved up 1000 units and that’s all I intent to spend this year.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    edited June 2020
    I agree with you OP. I also will not be spending (and i usually buy everything) but with the current state of the game I cannot justify spending that kind of money.

I have roughly 30 5 star r5s, and a few r2's and 1 r3. All my potential options in 6 star rank ups i need awakened. Most of which i already have at r5 so I cannot justify to take them to r2 and have them sit there (because we sont get any t5cc from anywhere... most content is done for me). I have about 6 t2a in the stash and no t4cc to help me use them.

I genuinely just dont care anymore. The game is so stale and boring now, i legit only log in for my team... making essential moves in AQ/AW which im starting to care less and less about. Eventually i will just stop playing all together.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    I will do whatever Enzo says, that is my policy on the major spending days.