**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

DAMN, THIS NEW HULKBUSTER IS....

Comments

• Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

MikeHock said:

Savage said:

DalBot said:

So you're gonna say, with a straight face, that other champs in the game aren't able to counter the missed heavy or special with a heavy of their own?

You must not play at a high level

I'm guessing you have never done the light, heavy mechanic to acquire that reach. Smh. People hate on what they don't understand.
    Are you talking about a single light attack into a heavy attack? If so, a hero with a short heavy isn’t ideal for that playstyle.
    That playstyle is meant for those with a short heavy so don't know what you mean.
    Yeah cuz it works oh so great for Jane Foster when she misses

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/169589/jane-fosters-heavy-attack-is-bugged-misses-enemies-right-next-to-her#latest
  • Options
    LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    The reach on his heavy is disappointing, but how would they really increase it without changing it?

I like that its a one hit heavy and that its fast and I wouldn't necessary want to sacrifice that for a bit more reach. Maybe they could of extended it without changing his heavy or maybe even just increased HB's arm length idk lol, but it is problematic when facing stun immune nodes where you'd have to rely on his block to bait out heavys to punish. The fact that he struggles so much in punishing heavys pretty much kills any hope of him punishing specials which doesn't help either.

I was thinking of using Guardian and one of the Hulks combined with his sig regen to mitigate the block damage, but itd be pointless if his heavys didn't connect. This alone reduces the number of viable match ups that he has from fights where he can stun to only stun immune fights against champions whose heavys he can punish. He does seem like Colossus light in that he has high damage, but only a fraction of his immunities.

Id put him along side Rulk and more specifically Luke Cage, great champ, but nobody really talks about him compared to Colossus. I love Colossus, but at his core isnt he so loved just because of his high damage and immunites? Its hard to say if we should expect this from every champion thats released, especially with the huge act 6 nerfs where utility now matters more then damage in my opinion, but at the end of the day kabam did this to themselves with the way fights are designed, or were hopefully, in act 6 and +, aq and aw. These kind of fights call for champions like Corvus, Ghost and Quake so its sets an expectation in the players mind as to the type of champions kabam should release which is why this years champions have been so disappointing compared to last years. I kind of like the direction that kabams going in in that regard, but the more niche fights and champions are the more champion availability needs to be increased for it to actually matter and make a difference to the non whale players. I think this year marks the death of the "beyond god" tier champions, rip.
  • Options
    LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Side note being so heavy dependent has never been a favorite mechanic for me, which is why Colossus is so amazing, he doesn't need them for his damage, but if he can get them fantastic. I wish this was more incorporated in HB's design honestly.
  • Options
    Deegoat_123Deegoat_123 Posts: 3
    DalBot said:

Love all the disagrees without a single response as to how what I said was wrong 🤔

Love how you talk bad about this champ after a day of being released and how you been trailing through every comment. Have anything better to do?

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    i mean I’m okay with him not being the greatest. Not every buff is going to be like Colossus and make them super good, and it should be that way.

Still, he’s definitely a lot better than what he used to be
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    He is fun to play still imo still a beast for thunderstruck lanes and V3 and V2 monster stop complaining, he is much better than the old Hulk Buster
  • Options
    DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★
    We got Kabammmed , hope Magneto turns out to be fruitful buff
  • Options
    TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
    The new Hulkbuster is down for maintainance
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    HB might be good for oscillate...? Till they change the way the node makes defenders act
  • Options
    AsIsGrassAsIsGrass Posts: 48

The new buff gives him alot of utility. Yea he has the animations but he is gonna be very good for alot of different situations. With the offence and defence modes he can he used for aw offence or defence. Plus the power control and ability accuracy reduction ticks alot of boxes

Defense maybe, offense I don't think so, if someone has resist they can mess u up since spamming heavies in the corner and launching sp2 into block is the way to go w/ him. He seems very similar to dock ock which is why I don't think a lot of people are willing to risk using dock ock on aw offense. He seems to have CMM level of damage but his playstyle seems very pvp unfriendly
  • Options
    StronstVngrStronstVngr Posts: 188
    Still a lil confused about this rebuff.. It seems like Seatin thinks he's as good as the beta, but I haven't been able to try him yet.. any input as to how Seatin is using him?
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=D8lLloSIfpQ
  • Options
    Uncle_RajUncle_Raj Posts: 49
    I blame the youtubers ( except bg) since they were overhyping it and most people just took their word.
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    It's more like they hyped him too much. Took months to rework after beta and released him pretty much as he was.
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

I have a few great videos on his power control but I cant add them here. I can send them to u on line app if you do wanna see them

If you can, please do. Have him duped as a 6*. And few Alliance mates want to know if he's worth the rank up. Will pm my id if needed. Just need to know how to do that.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    DalBot said:

We said in beta that his heavy was still atrociously short and impractical and that the resistances should apply to suicides/nodes. Neither were taken in to account. He's the same champ now with a few niche uses. He's a grinder through maybe Act 5 but that's about the extent of his use.

I pointed out several issues I had with HB's buff in the beta, but my recollection was that I was not in the majority.
  • Options
    DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

I wouldn't even consider what he did in seatin's most recent video "crazy damage", so I'd be more than curious how he would come even close to that without spamming heavies, which he needs to build shocks, which he needs to build damage.

Care to share your playstyle?

Exactly, he's pretty dang reliant on those heavies to up his damage output so when you neuter the heavy by giving it such a short range it's hard to make much of him
  • Options
    magic_pig1299magic_pig1299 Posts: 12
    i have really enjoyed reading this thanks for the laughs guys
    (cap IW is basically HB)
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    I agree with @DalBot ...he is not a pile of trash anymore and anyone pulling him as their early 5 or 6* wouldn't be discouraged cuz he can dish out really good damage but that's about it..he has no outright immunities and no practical utility...now people will come with the sp2 power control argument which is good in a generic fight but bring him against a champ with some kind of Power gain in an AON matchup and his 'utility' is worthless...sp3 doesn't have a 100% chance to inflict shock which is just stupid imo,u build up to 3 bars of Power and there is a chance that u wont get the shocks that u are looking for
    And he has very poor block proficiency which although is slightly mitigated by his armours but still gives him a cull esque feel
    And all of this doesn't count his poor heavy reach
    But yes he has some sweet regen potential but that again requires high Sig and Hb isn't someone I would be encouraged to put my Sig stones into
    Overall,after the buff he isn't someone u will be unhappy to pull out of a crystal but he doesn't do anything that we havent seen any other champ do