**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is this terrible "luck" or an actual nerf/issue...?

Since the 12.0 patch in the beginning of March I have opened exactly ZERO (yes literally none) 4* champs from a shard formed PHC. However, in those same 6 months I have popped 4-5 4* champs from fully formed PHC crystals.

Considering I get roughly 100-1 shard to fully formed PHC, and I have opened probably 2-3000 crystals in the last 6 months (I get almost every milestone in arenas)... can someone explain to me what is going on here?

Before 12.0 I would get a 4* champ every 150-500 crystals opened depending on my RNG luck... can we still call this unlucky anymore?

Comments

• BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    I'm playing since 2015 and only got 3 4s from PHC. You are "lucky".
  • Badrose wrote: »

Are you serious? How many crystals have you opened? I assume based on this you are not an arena grinder?
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Seems the same to me
    Been playing for 1 year and 3 months and gotten 7 4*s from phcs evenly among the time I have played
    I am quite a casual grinder
  • Seems the same to me
    Been playing for 1 year and 3 months and gotten 7 4*s from phcs evenly among the time I have played

did you notice a drop in 4* after 12.0?
    Imac7065 wrote: »
    Seems the same to me

Not really pulled a thor from phc one month after 12.0 after that nothing for 3 months then pulled an AA and AV within a week
  • Imac7065 wrote: »
    Seems the same to me

Not really pulled a thor from phc one month after 12.0 after that nothing for 3 months then pulled an AA and AV within a week

Fully formed or shard? I noticed a better drop rate in the fully formed that concerns me greatly
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Been playing for 2 years and have gotte. I think 4 or 5 total from all forms if phcs. Consider yourself lucky
  • You guys are depressing me haha
    edited September 2017
    Yea seems a better rate at fully formed

But mine were from shard types
    Well if its any condolence i pulled 5* iron fist and cyclops XS from last 2 featured 5* crystals lol
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    I've always had better luck from fully formed but that's all it is, luck. I know a player that opened 400 premium crystal shard crystals and 50 fully formed and not pull a four star.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Been playing for 18 months and have only gotten, to my knowledge/memory, two 4* from PHC's. I know of some people in countries outside the U.S. that have gotten over a dozen during that time.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    My luck comes and goes, sometimes I get a few month ( I know I've gotten a fair amount of them but can't remember exact number) and other times I get nothing for awhile. I just opened like 30 phc a few days ago ( shard and crystals) and got all 2* dupes.

I haven't really noticed a difference, it's just a really really low chance to pull one.
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    I have terrible luck with PHCs, I assume all champs from PHCs are going to be 2*s, save yourself a lot of frustration that way.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    I haven't noticed any change over the months. I have pulled many 4*'s from PHC and the drop rate still feels the same as post 12.0
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Same as usual for me. RNG. Sometimes I'll go months. Sometimes a good string of luck. I've pulled quite a few 4*s from PHC since 12.0.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    R4GE wrote: »
    I haven't noticed any change over the months. I have pulled many 4*'s from PHC and the drop rate still feels the same as post 12.0

Oops, meant pre 12.0
  • I get one from PHC every other week
  • Which is about 1 every 100 crystals
  • WodimanWodiman Posts: 30
    Been playing right at one year. I grind all milestones and we complete almost every event. So i open plenty of phc. Ive only ever gotten 2 4* since i started playing from phc. So.. youre very lucky
  • andrade5184andrade5184 Posts: 285 ★★
    edited September 2017
    q3qv8c0dbmog.png

this was last week so I would say you have terrible luck. :D
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Imac7065 wrote: »
    Badrose wrote: »

Are you serious? How many crystals have you opened? I assume based on this you are not an arena grinder?

I'm very serious. And yes, I'm grinding arena every time for the 1.6kk rewards and to get (almost) every major champs. If you want to hear another strange story, in over 2 years I've only got the chance to rank a single mystic champ to R5. That means only 3 Mystic T4CC (and had to sell "hundreds" of T3CC to get the last one), but I have about 20 red...
  • ThatsausageThatsausage Posts: 214
    q3qv8c0dbmog.png

this was last week so I would say you have terrible luck. :D

Nice. I pulled Iceman twice from a pcs in 2 weeks.
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    Badrose wrote: »

LOL, pretty much the same boat. But I've gotten approx. 7 4* champs if memory serves me. I dont grind every arena, but a safe avg. Would be slightly more than every other event, when I do, I tend to hit all milestones at a minimum, and sometimes multiple coinciding arenas(3*, 4*). That and alliance events we nearly make RR for all. So suffice to say I've opened quite a bit. Had a streak of over 150+ openings with nothing more than a 2*
  • SkimbobborSkimbobbor Posts: 127
    Its random, honestly random sucks sometimes but it is what is it.
  • still the same, sometimes 1 out of 8- 12 shards phc, but sometimes 2 -3 terrible months with only 2* not even a 3*
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    Sorry man but I got my voodoo from phc shards and a lot of other 4* champs over the last few months... it must be random because a lot of my alliance has the same complaints...
  • Ah_boy8Ah_boy8 Posts: 70
    There was once I opened 600 crystals, 1.2 million shards, 7 3* and the rest, all 2*. I don't have the luck, no joke really