**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who should I rank up? Venom or Silver Surfer?

JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
I have both them as five stars unduped. I only have the resources to bring one of them to rank 4. I am a casual player who is of average skill. Just become uncollected. My main goal is doing the monthly quests right now and occasionally the alliance quests . Not planning on becoming cavalier any time soon . Which one would be better ? I like both of them so i can’t decide

Comments

• Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    Silver surfer. He has more utility and does a lot of what Venom does. He doesn’t have an evade fail but his damage is better and his buffs are controllable and predictable. For example if you are playing on a node where you need an armour up Surfer has a 100% chance to activate it. Venom is more random and difficult on those sorts of nodes. IK surfer doesn’t have evade fail like Venom but he can fail all miss effects (great on tunnel vision). Oh and he is immune to coldsnap/incinerate
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    venom 137%
  • Options
    Lucifer1810Lucifer1810 Posts: 366 ★★★
    Since you are casual you probably don't care about prestige, so go for venom definitely.
  • Options
    Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    Venom: just rank 5’d him, no regrets
  • Options
    TP33 said:

Silver surfer. He has more utility and does a lot of what Venom does. He doesn’t have an evade fail but his damage is better and his buffs are controllable and predictable. For example if you are playing on a node where you need an armour up Surfer has a 100% chance to activate it. Venom is more random and difficult on those sorts of nodes. IK surfer doesn’t have evade fail like Venom but he can fail all miss effects (great on tunnel vision). Oh and he is immune to coldsnap/incinerate

Thanks . Anybody up for singing venoms praises ?
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,363 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Venom has proven himself a reliable, damage-dealing tank.

His base stats are great; and he does very impressive damage with access to both Bleed and Armour Break. Whilst he doesn't have 'immunities' per se, he's effectively immune to most Power Burn/Power Drain in the game, as well as to some of the most annoying evade mechanics in the game (God, it's frustrating fighting a stacked-up Spider-Gwen worth anyone but him or Killmonger!).

He stacks buffs and can strip buffs from his opponents; making him a great counter for all kinds of cosmic champs including Silver Surfer himself. He's one of the best Warlock/Havok/Guardian counters, and he's tailor-made to destroy IMIW. He's great on nodes like Buffed Up and Rich get Richer.

He's also very simple and fun to use. However, Surfer has his advocates too.
    He's got interesting potential, and can do decent damage if you really work it, and pay attention. @ESF can tell you far more about Surfer than most people. Check out his thread here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/173526/omg-lol-i-see-what-you-did-with-silver-surfer-kabam/p1

(Okay @ESF: you're up, pal!)
  • Options
    Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Posts: 861 ★★★
    Venom is the answer. He can steal buff with sp1 and can regenerate if he does so.
    Also good attack and health .
    And of you hate spiderverse champs, venoms the answer.
    Spideys cant evade him.
    But if you are a prestige guy
    Go for ss
  • Options
    AgentRocker2112AgentRocker2112 Posts: 28
    If you play Doom, or members of the FF on your teams, Silver Surfer would be the way to go for Synergy.
    His Board attack SP2 is also pretty substantial in damage, I use 6 star Rank 2 SS on main quest team for monthly uncollected, ect. and love him.
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    There's no comparison between Venom and Silver Surfer.
    Venom is way better.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

Venom has proven himself a reliable, damage-dealing tank.

His base stats are great; and he does very impressive damage with access to both Bleed and Armour Break. Whilst he doesn't have 'immunities' per se, he's effectively immune to most Power Burn/Power Drain in the game, as well as to some of the most annoying evade mechanics in the game (God, it's frustrating fighting a stacked-up Spider-Gwen worth anyone but him or Killmonger!).

He stacks buffs and can strip buffs from his opponents; making him a great counter for all kinds of cosmic champs including Silver Surfer himself. He's one of the best Warlock/Havok/Guardian counters, and he's tailor-made to destroy IMIW. He's great on nodes like Buffed Up and Rich get Richer.

He's also very simple and fun to use. However, Surfer has his advocates too.
    He's got interesting potential, and can do decent damage if you really work it, and pay attention. @ESF can tell you far more about Surfer than most people. Check out his thread here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/173526/omg-lol-i-see-what-you-did-with-silver-surfer-kabam/p1

(Okay @ESF: you're up, pal!)

Ha! It’s true, I love my Silver Surfer and take that kit everywhere.

But.

For the OP as a casual player, Venom is the better choice. Easier to play, extremely effective kit, does not need to be awakened where even I will admit that SS needs a lot of levels on a dupe

I think it’s crazy if someone says that SS has a bad kit or super-complicated kit; it just needs a bit of practice and as noted above, you can do lots and lots of cool things in various matchups with buffs on demand

But it’s fair to say that Venom is extremely good, has good utility as well, and is easier to play
  • Options
    King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    Venom.
  • Options
    Thanks guys ! You were a really awesome help. I was already leaning towards Venom a bit and this nailed it :)
  • Options
    I just pulled a 5 star venompool. Is he better then regular venom?
  • Options
    CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302
    JessieS said:

No, he's really bad
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    JessieS said:

thats a joke, right? venompool is trash
  • Options

JessieS said:

thats a joke, right? venompool is trash
    No that’s a question . I never tried venom pool before so I am wondering how good he is . I thought it was obvious.