**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Thawnim wrote: »
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Maximize your diversity! And 1 champ wont matter

Yes skill doesn't matter anymore it's all about the collection.

The fault with your assumption is that you assume the top alliances have 5* Kamalas and 5* She-Hulks ranked up to R4/55 already. I don't believe that to be the case so defender rating will be a wash if somehow diversity points were practically the same.

I'm not following what you are saying? They can have 4* Kamalas and She-Hulks and still get the diversity. They don't need 5*s but they do have all the resources stashed to r5 whoever they might need. Most already have everyone nearly maxed out. Defender rating won't be a wash because they will have each champ in the game almost maxed between the 30 people. So again I'm not sure what you are saying.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    edited September 2017

The fault with your assumption is that you assume the top alliances have 5* Kamalas and 5* She-Hulks ranked up to R4/55 already. I don't believe that to be the case so defender rating will be a wash if somehow diversity points were practically the same.

I'm not following what you are saying? They can have 4* Kamalas and She-Hulks and still get the diversity. They don't need 5*s but they do have all the resources stashed to r5 whoever they might need. Most already have everyone nearly maxed out. Defender rating won't be a wash because they will have each champ in the game almost maxed between the 30 people. So again I'm not sure what you are saying.

You are incorrect. They have the resources (t4ccs and the gold), but they do not already have champs like Kamala and She-Hulk max ranked as 4*s or at rank 4/55 as 5*s. Therefore they would get the same diversity points but not have the clear advantage when it comes to defender rating points.
    Besides...given how quick the response was from Kabam the after the initial week of war that people figured out how to game the system I am sure if the new points system falters as well then we will see further changes. But truthfully the system needs work.
  • TomieCzechTomieCzech Posts: 79
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    Lol. This discussion is hilarious. Obviously people dont understand the diversity. The map is easy to complete. Place a diverse defense. Who cares about rank. They are gonna get beat! A smaller alliance can beat a bigger alliance with diversity. This does make it so smaller alliance have a chance. Take the time to coordinate a diverse defense. And 100% the map!

yes, the map is very easy to 100%, however, those bigger alliances tend to have more diverse rosters (i.e., classic ultron, kang, thanos, og DP) ... so you are incorrect in that smaller alliances can beat bigger more diverse alliances.

If new scoring system is to stay, the matchmaking screen should be re-designed to be more like a slot machine, once a match is found, immediately choose the winner based on which alliance is more 'diverse' - war over, rewards given out.

Agree, exactly. I posted a screen shot earlier, our alliance won the war, but our opponent got the victory because the only category they were better at was diversity. It's no longer about challenging map with touch defenders to beat in order to deserve the exploration and get the shot on the boss, it's about coordinating your alliance to place maximum possible diversity and then just routine waiting for energy so everyone can move forward without messing up paths and then have a little bit of a fun at the end when facing your mini boss and the boss... No surprises, no fun in fighting, the war we lost I got to the boss with no deaths and 2 full champs and I did my path alone. It rarely happened in the old war map.

Again, I can't see it being a greedy move, because even the top alliances, they will not have difficulties doing under 100% exploration both in each match and they're all organized well enough to place their best and follow their paths, so it'll be always about the diversity.
  • TomieCzechTomieCzech Posts: 79
    @Kabam Miike

Suggestions:

1) diversity points based on champ tier - 2* unique champ adds 20pts. 3* 30pts, 4* 40pts, 5* 50pts, 6* 60pts (examples)

2) kills reward more points than diversity

3) not placing a defender rewards negative penalty points equal to kill points, so if killing a defender gives you 150 pts, not placing your defender takes away 150 pts from your score sheet.

4) revise defender rating points to match the diversity!! Make it count if alliance chooses to place high rank, high tier, high PI defenders rather than diversity only. 2pts per 1k of PI is nonsense!!!

5) revise the map nodes and difficulty to make it more fun, more challenging, so people get stuck and pay to move forward - I can't believe I'm telling you how to make money on us....
  • Heres the thing though. I like the fact that they took the time and actually listened and changed wars. I think thats great. Its the way theyve done it though. Theyve destroyed the whole war in general imo. I use to like wars. At this point i could care less. Theyve sucked the fun right out of it. Weve actually lost 5 strong members now from our ally due to the changes in wars. They say there done with the bs kabam keeps doing and quit the game that they use to love. Im not a big fan of the whole teleporte thing and the scoring has just been blown. They should have added better things like bane aswell for a challange. And i dont like how i can see the classes. For them to keep pushing it though and tapping themselves on the sholder like good job guys we made war better is wrong. Cause it honestly seems like the majority of the community is still unhappy about this but they won't hear it. Thats in itself is going to only hurt kabam. I don't know how they don't see that. What they should have done is test it out before making these major changes. It really doesn't look like they did that. And if they did who tested it for them noobs that don't have a clue. Idk i see major backlash coming soon for kabam and i hope im wrong. Your only hurting yourselves kabam and i hope you know that.
  • Kpatrix wrote: »
    Another thing, if you think this new map is too easy, then challenge yourself with using different champs, and not just your best attackers. Save those for questing or put them on defense to boost your defensive rating. The only reason I see people calling this new system broken is because they are searching for loopholes and seeing some they can't overcome at the moment. That's common for 99% of the alliances. If you want to consistently win wars, then you will have to adjust to the system in place now, and if you're clearing the map 100% every war without using items, then the only thing you are losing costs you is some shards in rewards. That is the only other thing that I think needs to be adjusted because of the introduction of 6* announcement. Other than that, just play. It's not rocket science or life and death, just develop a strategy and play.

In other words I should just start bringing 3*'s to AW attack and ranking up my KK to R5 (she really wants to get involved) to make it interesting. The game isn't fun, interesting or challenging so it's on me to make it so. Makes sense.

Actually doesn't make much sense to me. I mean i get the "make the best of a bad situation" mentality, but this isn't something that i'm forced to do or have to do. If so, sure quit **** and get it done is exactly what I would say too. But I think the reason why the reaction is what it is so far is because people are trying to say "hey, this sucks and if you don't fix it I'm going to move on because it's no longer fun. So it's in your best interest to make it fun again".

So no, I won't be adjusting to the system in place. That's not a threat. Doubt anyone really cares who stays or goes. Why would I want to "carry on" with something I no longer find enjoyable? I'm only here long enough to find out what (if anything) their response is.

You are incorrect. They have the resources (t4ccs and the gold), but they do not already have champs like Kamala and She-Hulk max ranked as 4*s or at rank 4/55 as 5*s. Therefore they would get the same diversity points but not have the clear advantage when it comes to defender rating points.

They definitely do, I used to run with them. It was funny when members had to rank one up so they didn't burn a t4c.
  • mosvymosvy Posts: 6
    war is boring now, meh?!
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    mosvy wrote: »
    war is boring now, meh?!

i totally agree, meh?!
  • HosemaniaHosemania Posts: 18
    More like dumb now
  • Kabam, a lot of people in my alliance ranked up Dormamu, mordo, nightcrawler, etc, just to strength our defense in the old war (we had like 5 night crawlers 5/50). The right thing to do is give rank down tickets so we can better adapt to the new rules. Please be fair and consider that.

Fabbass, The Ramones Leader
    fabbass wrote: »
    Kabam, a lot of people in my alliance ranked up Dormamu, mordo, nightcrawler, etc, just to strength our defense in the old war (we had like 5 night crawlers 5/50). The right thing to do is give rank down tickets so we can better adapt to the new rules. Please be fair and consider that.

Fabbass, The Ramones Leader

Nightcrawler is pretty nice against KP in master diff last quest.
  • SligSlig Posts: 342 ★★
    And diversity isn't working as advertised.
    Hold up, there's a lot of straight up BS going on around here.

@Draco2199 - Don't make me laugh. You couldn't survive in an elite alliance for one hour. It's not all about spending, you actually need to be skilled to make it - even though we all know the top 3 have AW pilots lol. Map 6 multiple days a week when starting prestige is probably higher than your prestige on day 3 is not something you can just pay to finish. Stop with the nonsense.

@Grub - I'm not in the top 3 but I'm very close. My ally doesn't have to worry at all about diversity. Still, just coz people like you and me worked harder and spent money doesn't mean the win should be automatic, which it is. We will probably benefit in terms of rewards, but AW is just not fun at all anymore. There should be some skill to it. Now, there is none.

I've been in a top 10 alliance until I semi retired a few months ago. I'm one of the more skilled players in the game and I've spent more than you probably paid for your house on this game. I've run Map 6x5 without using items so please stop with your nonsense. You don't know me I was a big time whale in the game until my semi retirement. But thanks for assuming I don't know what I'm talking about, I actually really do and I know all the "exploits we used to use" which didn't make the game fun. The truth is you can't win with skill anymore against top alliances. Thats the problem. And yes Top Alliances all account share with AQ and AW but Kabam won't do anything about it and we all know that. This has been known for years and Kabam was suppose to look into it but turned a blind eye. Not sure why.

First off, I don't believe you for a second. If you ever were in an elite ally you would know there is no one in the top that isn't skilled.
    Secondly, your entire attitude tells me you're a BS artist.]
    Third, LOL. You know nothing about my life. If you had spent as much as I paid for my house in this game, there would be a statue of you in the Kabam HQ, and a champ named after you.

There probably is.

That's funny, you must be the only person ever to spend millions on a game and still complain that $500 offers are too expensive....

Like I said, BS artist.

How so? Just because I spend money doesn't mean I can't disagree with pricing lol.....You must be right lol. Do you even have an r4 5* lol.

@Draco2199 - Don't make me laugh. You couldn't survive in an elite alliance for one hour. It's not all about spending, you actually need to be skilled to make it - even though we all know the top 3 have AW pilots lol. Map 6 multiple days a week when starting prestige is probably higher than your prestige on day 3 is not something you can just pay to finish. Stop with the nonsense.

@Grub - I'm not in the top 3 but I'm very close. My ally doesn't have to worry at all about diversity. Still, just coz people like you and me worked harder and spent money doesn't mean the win should be automatic, which it is. We will probably benefit in terms of rewards, but AW is just not fun at all anymore. There should be some skill to it. Now, there is none.

I've been in a top 10 alliance until I semi retired a few months ago. I'm one of the more skilled players in the game and I've spent more than you probably paid for your house on this game. I've run Map 6x5 without using items so please stop with your nonsense. You don't know me I was a big time whale in the game until my semi retirement. But thanks for assuming I don't know what I'm talking about, I actually really do and I know all the "exploits we used to use" which didn't make the game fun. The truth is you can't win with skill anymore against top alliances. Thats the problem. And yes Top Alliances all account share with AQ and AW but Kabam won't do anything about it and we all know that. This has been known for years and Kabam was suppose to look into it but turned a blind eye. Not sure why.

First off, I don't believe you for a second. If you ever were in an elite ally you would know there is no one in the top that isn't skilled.
    Third, LOL. You know nothing about my life. If you had spent as much as I paid for my house in this game, there would be a statue of you in the Kabam HQ, and a champ named after you.

There probably is.

That's funny, you must be the only person ever to spend millions on a game and still complain that $500 offers are too expensive....

Like I said, BS artist.

How so? Just because I spend money doesn't mean I can't disagree with pricing lol.....You must be right lol. Do you even have an r4 5* lol.

Okay, what's you in game profile?

There probably is.

Like I said, BS artist.

Whats yours?

There probably is.

Like I said, BS artist.

Whats yours?

Same as my name in the forums.

There probably is.

Like I said, BS artist.

Whats yours?

Umm I know lol

There probably is.

Like I said, BS artist.

Whats yours?

Umm I know lol

Okay, your turn

There probably is.

Like I said, BS artist.

Whats yours?

Umm I know lol

Okay, your turn

Same

There probably is.

Like I said, BS artist.

Whats yours?

Umm I know lol

Okay, your turn

Same

No users found...try again

There probably is.

Like I said, BS artist.

Whats yours?

Umm I know lol

Okay, your turn

Same

Seriously I'm not wasting my time on a 200K player you clearly just started don't even have an r4 5* like I said. You have one r5 4* so you can't compare or even relate to being in a top 10 alliance. Thanks for the input though.

There probably is.

Like I said, BS artist.

Whats yours?

Umm I know lol

Okay, your turn

Same

Seriously I'm not wasting my time on a 200K player you clearly just started don't even have an r4 5* like I said. You have one r5 4* so you can't compare or even relate to being in a top 10 alliance. Thanks for the input though.

See, I knew it. You're a phony. Now check out my primary account...XNickRiv!

495K Ok so you've been playing for a year with 2 r4s, congrats still can't relate to top 10.
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    Also they're not realizing how long and how many resources were needed by every player to build a decent defense.
    Now introducing this systems is just like saying...we don't care how much effort, units, sig stones you had to put into it, now you can't use those defenders anymore...
This discussion has been closed.