**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5 Star Dr. Voodoo worthy of Rank 5 in today’s Meta?

Just pulled a 5 Star Dr. Voodoo. I had 2 Mystic Awakening Gems, so I used one on him and put 20 signature levels on him.

I have a 3-4 Mystic Rank Up Gem that I can use on him as well.

Anyone have him at Rank 5? Is he worth it to take up to Rank 5 in today’s meta?

I have some reservations after I saw some RoL Winter Soldier kills that still took over 200 hits with a 5/65 Voodoo.

5 Star Dr. Voodoo worthy of Rank 5 in today’s Meta? 48 votes

Absolutely - He’s still worth Rank 5
64%
buffajrTendersquadThecurlerDragonMCOCHammerbro_64kikiFurieuxLegendboy2411Reverend_RuckusZeronaut81SavageYeti2631MeebletonHavanaknightEtjamaMidnite93DeaconAngryYoshiArsozddomThicco_ModeBerjibs 31 votes
Meh - There are at least 30 better options but he’s worthy if you don’t have anyone else
25%
CrkwestMatthewmercuryWarBros23PizzabeatDonrefreDJMNHPratham02Dnegrin6969lowlevelplayerDoctor_Strange19CaptainGameCowabunga 12 votes
No way - he should stay at Rank 4
10%
IronBlaze09KRANꓘChewie420SwarmOfRavensMaxBozo 5 votes

Comments

• PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    Best mystic in the game.
  • MatthewmercuryMatthewmercury Posts: 70
    Meh - There are at least 30 better options but he’s worthy if you don’t have anyone else
    He's more than a 'meh' but there are better mystic options. Depends where you're at in content, I used my rank 4 a lot for act 5 completion but generally left him out of act 6. Definitely a great mystic though
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    If you want big yellow numbers, maybe not, but he does so much in terms of sheer utility. His damage isn’t bad, but it’s nothing exceptional either. The only reason I would consider NOT going for him is if I had a Sorcerer Supreme, Doom, or BWCV lined up to go imo.

I wouldn’t immediately r5; play with him at r4 then you make that decision.
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★

If you want big yellow numbers, maybe not, but he does so much in terms of sheer utility. His damage isn’t bad, but it’s nothing exceptional either. The only reason I would consider NOT going for him is if I had a Sorcerer Supreme, Doom, or BWCV lined up to go imo.

I wouldn’t immediately r5; play with him at r4 then you make that decision.

Yeah I think this is a wise decision. I’m Cavalier, so at this point it’s all about exploring 6.1 and then venturing into 6.2 after the revamp.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    He’s so useful, no he doesn’t have the biggest damage, situationally he can deliver there though. Assuming he’s duped he gives so much control over fights however with the powerburn, aa reduction, nullify, heal block etc.

The regen is my favourite in game. He can go through the whole map in aq at 100% health and then solo doom who he is really good against. If you do happen to screw up, a couple of fights playing well and you’re back to full health. Need to take on a degen node? You know you can regen back. Half the mods constantly give opponents multiple buffs you can turn to poison. Such a beast in aq, up to map 6. Not done further.

Aside from that I’ve used him to clear whole paths to the boss in act 6, he was MVP in variant 1 mystic/tech, cleared those recent modok maps on his own, he solos Sasquatch Canadian etc etc

Lastly he is a god in incursions.

I was in your position I had an AG and r5 gem I sat on for ages before taking him up. Zero regrets, he’s probably my most used champ now.

• AngryYoshiAngryYoshi Posts: 136
    I’ve been thinking about R5 my voodoo as well. Always loved the champ cause of his utility and with odd combo he can shut down a few nodes or make them not procs as much. But recently the all or nothing In Canadian side quest reinvigorated me wanting to R5 him. Got one sp2 on odd combo and never worried about them gaining much power. And like someone said can’t beat having regen every fight.
    He is in my opinion one of the top mystics. And only mystic I don’t have is Sasquatch and GR. Lol. Great power control whether you burn or drain them. If I had the iso I would prolly R5 him.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Without a doubt. I have him at rank 5 and don’t regret it one bit. Sure, he isn’t bwcv, doom, or ss, but he has some amazing uses.

First off, he is an aq god. The regen is super reliable and allows him to counter many nodes in act 6. Plus, the buffs on the opponent can be turned into potent spirit venoms.

He crushes act 6 content, can clear certain lanes by himself, and is incredible for GIMMIE. Not to mention in any matchup where there are above 5 buffs his damage is substantially increased. As well as the fact that he has quite good power control.

His extra AR and his ability to apply AAR with the sig is really useful in lots of scenarios, as well as it makes him one of the 5 best incursions options.

Also the reason it took him so long to beat RoL WS, is he doesn’t proc any buffs. Which like any mystic champ, limits damage.(With the exception of a few.)