Unstoppable BUFFS do NOT get STAGGERED

UC439UC439 Posts: 261
edited September 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Are the unstoppable buffs are meant NOT to get STAGGERED ?

Because everytime an unstoppable buff gets staggered, it instantly refreshes itself.

I've tried staggering Unstoppable buffs preemptively with Hood, Juggernaut, Jane thor bt each time the same result - it get instantly refreshed after being staggered!

Comments

  • Unstoppable buffs from Juggernaut and UC trigger twice, so you need 2x stagger
  • UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    Okay. I didn't know that. But why do they trigger twice, is it written anywhere in their abilities?
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Unstoppable buffs from Juggernaut and UC trigger twice, so you need 2x stagger

    Okay. I didn't know that. But why n how do they trigger twice? Is it written anywhere in their abilities?
  • UC439 wrote: »
    Okay. I didn't know that. But why do they trigger twice, is it written anywhere in their abilities?
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Unstoppable buffs from Juggernaut and UC trigger twice, so you need 2x stagger

    Okay. I didn't know that. But why n how do they trigger twice? Is it written anywhere in their abilities?

    I don't know either ... it shouldn't be intended, but they made it like that to fix something
  • UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    Yea while playing with juggy or uc, or playing against them without trying to stagger their unstoppable buffs, it never looks like they're triggering it twice. But whenever I try to stagger, it triggers again/immediately refreshes.
  • It was explicitly stated at one point why. I believe there was 2-3 reasons and it may have helped fix the UC unstoppable problem before. But one of the bigger reasons was when it triggered once, the timer started at the start of the special, and was half gone by the time juggs finished the animation. By refreshing it, it starts the timer over and gives the intended unstoppable time to juggs. There were probably other ways around this, but thats how they decided to fix it.
  • A good example of seeing this in action is Dr Voodoo. when you put BD on juggs, he may only trigger one or none of the unstoppables.
  • UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    It was explicitly stated at one point why. I believe there was 2-3 reasons and it may have helped fix the UC unstoppable problem before. But one of the bigger reasons was when it triggered once, the timer started at the start of the special, and was half gone by the time juggs finished the animation. By refreshing it, it starts the timer over and gives the intended unstoppable time to juggs. There were probably other ways around this, but thats how they decided to fix it.

    before 12.0 it triggered right at the end of the sp animation. There was no issue with that. How did they manage to make a perfect timing bugged & tried to "fix it" with more bugs?!
  • It's not bugged. It was an intended fix. I think there might have been something else to go along with it, but I remember there being a good reason
  • The "good" reason is because it was their best attempt at fixing the issue that came up when they moved the unstoppable buff to trigger at the end of the special animation.

    They have since ignored the fact that their "fix" has created new unintended consequences. If you are using hood on attack he can no longer stagger unstoppable because the first buff is staggered and the the second one stays active. Secondly, the double unstoppable buffs creates two power gain triggers for MD.

    They need to go back and fix the original issue. Make it so there is only one unstoppable buff triggered at the beginning of the special animation but the countdown timer doesn't begin until the special animation is finished. That way there is no "window" to attack in between the end of the special animation and the unstoppable buff triggering, which was the original issue.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 893 ★★★
    Is it somehow impossible for them to know the timing duration of these Special attacks and simply add that to the timer period if triggered at the beginning?
  • UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    It used to trigger at the beginning, & the timer was set accordingly. It was all good before 12.0, nobody had any issue with it - The 4sec unstoppable was including the sp animation time. So why change it afterwards?!
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 2,704 ★★★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    It was explicitly stated at one point why. I believe there was 2-3 reasons and it may have helped fix the UC unstoppable problem before. But one of the bigger reasons was when it triggered once, the timer started at the start of the special, and was half gone by the time juggs finished the animation. By refreshing it, it starts the timer over and gives the intended unstoppable time to juggs. There were probably other ways around this, but thats how they decided to fix it.

    Understand the idea reasoning the fix, but they totally negated the usefulness of Staggered vs unstoppable enemies.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 3,915 ★★★★★
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    It was explicitly stated at one point why. I believe there was 2-3 reasons and it may have helped fix the UC unstoppable problem before. But one of the bigger reasons was when it triggered once, the timer started at the start of the special, and was half gone by the time juggs finished the animation. By refreshing it, it starts the timer over and gives the intended unstoppable time to juggs. There were probably other ways around this, but thats how they decided to fix it.

    Understand the idea reasoning the fix, but they totally negated the usefulness of Staggered vs unstoppable enemies.

    As you say, this came about because of Kabam fixing issues with the Unstoppable not triggering at all. It's become rather like Drax's medium attack, which has an odd interaction with Mordo's Astral Evade (or so I'm told - never seen it myself). The fix caused an unforeseen interaction that was technically a bug, but actually brought an interesting dynamic to the game.

    In this case: Unstoppable is not like other buffs. It can't be copied, and it's harder to stop. As noted above, opponents who can stack Staggers (JF Thor, or Juggs himself) can stop it triggering; but Hood can't as his Stagger doesn't stack - it refreshes. So this is a problem just for Hood - no one else. He's plenty good against other opponents, though.
  • UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    KSiebs wrote: »
    The "good" reason is because it was their best attempt at fixing the issue that came up when they moved the unstoppable buff to trigger at the end of the special animation.

    They have since ignored the fact that their "fix" has created new unintended consequences. If you are using hood on attack he can no longer stagger unstoppable because the first buff is staggered and the the second one stays active. Secondly, the double unstoppable buffs creates two power gain triggers for MD.

    They need to go back and fix the original issue. Make it so there is only one unstoppable buff triggered at the beginning of the special animation but the countdown timer doesn't begin until the special animation is finished. That way there is no "window" to attack in between the end of the special animation and the unstoppable buff triggering, which was the original issue.

    it was exactly like that. Used to trigger as soon as their sp animations started n the timer started after they've finished their sp. There were no window to attack, only nullify/counterspell of sw/ds could negate it, n they had to negate it only once. That should be the case with stagger too. But seems like it's been bugged since 12.0. They just don't respond to fix it!
  • So it's been some time now since this has been reported. Will the be an update on this issue from the devs?
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Unstoppable buffs from Juggernaut and UC trigger twice, so you need 2x stagger

    Just tried. You’re right. It’s super dumb
Sign In or Register to comment.