**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    My feeling is that they introduced the concept of 6* champs largely making 4* champs soon to be irrelivant. Now people will need to continue to rank 4* champs to diversify their defense as well as continue to grind arena and buy crystals. Imo diversity is artificially giving value back to 4* champs while we sit in limbo for the arrival of 6*

This^

Frankly, I've found my interest in the game dwindling with the impending 6⭐️
  • Options
    THX135THX135 Posts: 83
    They aren't going to hand out rank down tickets they didn't nerf anyone. They changed the nodes in AW and made it important to have a diverse team on D.

Rank down tickets will impact the prestige race and other parts of the game too much, ie. AQ.

Kabam wants people to start grinding and ranking worthless champs for diversity. That way you won't feel so bad when you pull a LC , SG or some other garbage champ like Carbage.

The concept of diversity is good one. The implementation is just terrible.
  • Options
    borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    borntohula wrote: »
    hyym9g1dp6ey.png

Wonderful experience. 115 defender kills versus 45. And lose.

But that diversity bro. Diversity

Some of our 350k+ members sold crappy champs by the gallon. Invested in Mordo, Magik and (ah, the horror) mystic dispersion instead of ranking up Puke Haze. Glad to inform you we're in the process of replacing them with (errr) young talent. The more 2 star Hider Pens, the merrier.
  • Options
    DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    There is nothing at all "fun" about losing a war by 500pts because the other team had a 5/50 Carnage and Spider Gwen and your team doesn't. It's all about ranking up otherwise useless champs and Kabam now selling you the resources to upgrade those useless champs.tuedajjfovnr.png
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    So since everybody spanking MMXIV, Kabam can bring the previous AW.

Did they lose again? If so I am sure there are some whales that are none to happy
  • Options
    BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    That stinks, DalBot. We admittedly did not try for much diversity and hence lost by 6k because of it; they didn't get full xp and we had a bigger defender kill difference than even you guys did. I feel for you.
  • Options
    ReyAlemánReyAlemán Posts: 88
    So I think we got matched against Awakened or Iso8... again within 3 wars... seems like a defeat for us.
    How are we supposed to boost our defender rating by 500k points? We're already boosting us.
    @Kabam Miike

ug19jmdi02ai.jpg

• Options
    DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    BuckeyeKP wrote: »
    That stinks, DalBot. We admittedly did not try for much diversity and hence lost by 6k because of it; they didn't get full xp and we had a bigger defender kill difference than even you guys did. I feel for you.

Unfortunately that's the new system at play. It's all about who has the most Kamala Khans and Iron Patriots for defense, all the while Kabam sells the T4B deals like today to rank up those putrid champs...
  • Options
    JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Heywood wrote: »
    i was completely fine fighting majik on boss nodes before, but now with that increased regen boss node, majik with md becomes way more annoying if you dont have a heal block or power lock champ to counter. Like she regen 15k on me in 1 limbo ( i wasnt paying attention and attacked her during limbo) that a hell of alot of regen power

Of all of the complaints I have seen about the new war, this is the first I have seen of it being too difficult.
    If you see Magik on that node, you need to have someone who has the right champ fight her.

My point is on the last map i didnt need to use a specific champ to fight her on any node except the boss and i could kill her before my health was gone from limbo, now with the extra regen if you dont have the specific champ your hooped. Im not sure why this was done since one of the main points of this updated system was to try and stop "mystic wars" as some would say. I have never once complained about majik in AW, untill now
  • Options
    GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★

ReyAlemán wrote: »
    So I think we got matched against Awakened or Iso8... again within 3 wars... seems like a defeat for us.
    How are we supposed to boost our defender rating by 500k points? We're already boosting us.
    @Kabam Miike

ug19jmdi02ai.jpg

This proves my earlier point about alliances no longer avoiding each other in matchmaking and seeking fights with lower ranked alliances allowing the lower alliances to find comparable Pi/war rated alliances to compete against. Also this proves that alliances with lower PI can beat alliances that are a couple million above them PI wise.

Also to the person who stated how can we compete with that kind of defender diversity? Short answer you can't and shouldn't be. Would you have stood a chance against either alliance under the old system? Probably not so why should you under the new system. Compete in your tier expand your roster and diversity and move up tiers or don't and remain in the tier that you can win/lose about 50% of your wars.

I agree abit of the fun factor is lacking but this new war system is not as bad as from the perspective that lower alliances are actually beating alliances they usually would not beat under old system.
  • Options
    nuggznuggz Posts: 124
    We will only be doing aw to hopefully get lucky with a win after 100% cleared.
    No items, no challenge, no fun.

If it weren't for 5* shards we wouldn't be doing them at all.

Completely bogus

Why would u wanted to bring non ranked champs that are simply just too easy to beat regardless of the node they are on.

If you think I will be ranking she hulk and company just to satisfy diversity you're wrong.

I like a challenge and expect to see a decent defense when I go into war. War has no sense of accomplishment now. It's roll the dice and bring crappy champs. It's by far the worst part of the game now.

I've spent the last year working on getting the champs that are great defenders ranked up.
    By great defenders I mean, champs that are difficult to fight no matter what. The same ones we have all worked towards. The ones we practiced against on repeat to get good at fighting because they were that difficult.

There's no point in ranking other champs and I'll tell you why.

You could have an ironman with 1000% atk&hp and it would still be defeated with no problems at all!

Does that seem like fun?
    Does ranking those champs sound fun?
    Does fighting those champs sound fun?
    Is it a challenge?

NO!!!!
  • Options
    borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    My feeling is that they introduced the concept of 6* champs largely making 4* champs soon to be irrelivant. Now people will need to continue to rank 4* champs to diversify their defense as well as continue to grind arena and buy crystals. Imo diversity is artificially giving value back to 4* champs while we sit in limbo for the arrival of 6*

And limbo alway hurts.
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    i was completely fine fighting majik on boss nodes before, but now with that increased regen boss node, majik with md becomes way more annoying if you dont have a heal block or power lock champ to counter. Like she regen 15k on me in 1 limbo ( i wasnt paying attention and attacked her during limbo) that a hell of alot of regen power

Sounds like a problem that you can fix? As you said, you weren't paying attention and hit her during Limbo. Just don't do that, and watch out if you are using DoT effects, and nothing really changes.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Hey folks, thanks for the continued feedback! Just a quick reminder to keep it constructive and, if you haven't had the chance to read our latest statement from last night, you can check out @Kabam Miike's post here.

SO are we just in limbo here with you changing it every week?
  • Options
    MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 281 ★★★
    ug19jmdi02ai.jpg

Haha, this is why AW scoring is so stupid now. Match is won/lost based on mastery setups! That's absurd. Actually, it's beyond absurd.
  • Options
    Dave2442Dave2442 Posts: 109
    So here is the problem, my alliance (True Force) just finished another AW. We thought we were going to win because we explored the map more, (I know that there is other contributing factors but that is one of the main ones). But we ended up losing. rd5h4vkmvyyb.png
    To me, it looks like we lost because we didn't have one more guy to place more defenders since we lost by 200 points. But then again I get confused a lot. Someone please explain these new rules.
  • Options
    Lost a war today. We hit 100% on all maps. The enemy alli had 97% overall. Diversity got us. Asked around and checked items used just for fun... Some of us used healths, no revives. This set up is ridiculous.

At least change the name from war to something more fitting.
  • Options
    Grub wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike

ug19jmdi02ai.jpg

This proves my earlier point about alliances no longer avoiding each other in matchmaking and seeking fights with lower ranked alliances allowing the lower alliances to find comparable Pi/war rated alliances to compete against. Also this proves that alliances with lower PI can beat alliances that are a couple million above them PI wise.

Also to the person who stated how can we compete with that kind of defender diversity? Short answer you can't and shouldn't be. Would you have stood a chance against either alliance under the old system? Probably not so why should you under the new system. Compete in your tier expand your roster and diversity and move up tiers or don't and remain in the tier that you can win/lose about 50% of your wars.

I agree abit of the fun factor is lacking but this new war system is not as bad as from the perspective that lower alliances are actually beating alliances they usually would not beat under old system.

I am not sure what you are actually saying here? This proves nothing about lower PI alliances beating stronger ones. It shows that with all others things equal (Exploration, BKs, Diversity) a higher PI Alliance with higher defenders wins. Straight up. If that ISO8 and MMXIV matchup happens again with same setup, it is a guaranteed loss for MMXIV. A loss should not be a guarantee, not be 'Oh, look, now that everyone is Diverse, they have one more r4 5* on Defense, so we auto-lose due to Defender Rating'.

And your last line makes no sense either. You are again saying weaker alliances are more easily beating stronger ones, but that only holds true if the stronger ones are dumb and ignoring the new rules. Otherwise, since getting 150 Diversity is not currently a problem, the stronger alliance again wins by default with higher PI champs, even if they suck at fighting and have to revive a crapload, while the weaker alliance skillfully destroys every r5 She-Hulk and IP in their path.
  • Options
    You lost because diversity in placement is more important now than being able to win fights.
  • Options
    AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Lost a war today. We hit 100% on all maps. The enemy alli had 97% overall. Diversity got us. Asked around and checked items used just for fun... Some of us used healths, no revives. This set up is ridiculous.

At least change the name from war to something more fitting.

Alliance Quar?
  • Options
    MicklownickMicklownick Posts: 315 ★★
    what happened to this game....we lost too...we explored more... killed more... dominated in every way but diversity...this game isnt even fun anymore...thanks kabam... SMH
  • Options
    The points straight up tell you where you were lacking. The strat is to have each BG have 50 Non-repeat Defenders. Defenders can repeat over all 3. So a max of 3 Magik, Dorm, etc. with all 3 spread over all 3 BG. That will maximize diversity points, but you can only really do that if you can 100% the enemy, as your own defense will be like damp kleenex.
    Alternatively, just maximize as best you can on Diversity, and make sure you place your strongest champs on boss nodes and a few of the stronger ones scattered on map.
  • Options
    MicklownickMicklownick Posts: 315 ★★
    so we have worthless champs we spent forever R5ing and now have to upgrade total trash champs? Are they releasing any girl scouts in the coming weeks?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Diversity is why. Placing unique Champs rather than repeats is what gives more Points.
  • Options
    FabiFabi Posts: 64
    Give us the fu***ng old AW back!!!!!!
    How can u so incompetent??????
  • Options
    Hey folks -

Please keep the tone civil. I know for a fact that they are listening to us.

I have some assurances that the Alliance War design team is carefully considering the next round of changes, and I suspect that such consideration may delay the changes themselves. Please be patient and play the current paradigm. The last thing you want are changes pushed out that are half-thought out.
  • Options
    ditCdaveditCdave Posts: 35
    I hope they do something about this.
    I just lost 7 members cause the game became so boring and with the upcoming 6* they gave up.
    I'm on the verge as well.
This discussion has been closed.