**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam, can you tell us what you're doing to the AI please?

Comments

• CooKakCooKak Posts: 11
    I got L1'd by Gwenpool DURING MY combo against HER, in AQ last night. Of course she procs stun, then stacked a few bleeds on top of the incinerate and left me in a bloody heap on the ground.

I would be impressed if it was something that could actually happen. But it did so I'm not very impressed.
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    bump
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    DD2 wrote: »
    The AI never did this.

cencr3rhcp03.gif

Actually hes not late
    I just fought iron man to cgeck if he was in fact late
    After i evaded iron man's sp2 i immediately rushed to attack but my first hit missed second connected
    Then i played again
    Evaded the sp2 stayed idle till he landed and got him
    Hes actually not meant to evade in your fight
    At least thats what i think
    Tried making a video but when i do d game just starts to lag and i couldnt evade properly
  • Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    I go "safe street". I always take magik for him...so he can do synthesis to his mother as much as he can when he is locked
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    Apparently the next patch is going to fix all our problems............as soon as it comes.
  • And I thought that im started to play badly...to loose my touch. Kabam I know you want us to loose vs pi but keep your hands clean please. There is no fair play
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I have no problems parrying. I do think it requires better timing than it used to. I like that the game requires you to be more reactive to the AI than it used. It ups the skill level of this game. I did 5.3 exploration in a few days and had no problem getting off parries. I got parried about 99% of the time I tried to get a parry.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 ★★★
    Sounds like my fight against hood on map 5 today. Blocking and he launches a sp1 and stuns me while I'm blocking?? Wtf kabam. It's not a node. The more bugs we run into the more of us are ready to walk away. This is getting ridiculous as the game is not even fun anymore.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Did terrible today, whatever is going on needs a fix badly. I had all kinds of issues in war, they parried almost everything while mine barely works, they evaded or blocked almost everything while I had major issues with blocking , evading, and specials not working to the point where it's ridiculous.

I'm sick of it, and when the controls go haywire all kinds of stuff happens which usually ends up with me becoming a punching bag for the ai without being able to do much.

Please address and fix this soon, you already admitted there was issues but they still persist even now and seem to get worse and worse.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Best one I've seen so far is fighting Vision with Mordo in arena. Had a particularly aggressive AI but it's still arena and was playing sloppy. Got parried and attacked. Astral evade triggered and before it was over and I had control of my champ Vision was already starting a 5 hit combo.
    Can we get a mod to chime in?
    How many times are we supposed to get pummeled by an aggressive AI after they launch their L3s and start hitting us immediately after it's over where we don't even have a chance to evade or block? Magik does it, Hype does it, Mordo, more fighters are doing it...it's becoming ridiculous.

This can't be random, we're getting less and less time to recover, someone must be adjusting those values in the code.

The AI is also hitting us immediately after finishing their heavy attack after we rush in to counter. It was never like this before.

We have much less or no recovery time and they recover a ton faster from their heavies or specials.
  • BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    I was almost ready to play AQ/AW hard content then thought, stuff it, I'll just stick to Arena and monthly/daily quests.
    I was almost ready to play AQ/AW hard content then thought, stuff it, I'll just stick to Arena and monthly/daily quests.

I've been killed so many times these last few days in 5.3 by these bugs, glitches, and shady AI changes that I'm getting sick of it. All it takes is a few hits and your champs dead. It's so sickening.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★

I've been killed so many times these last few days in 5.3 by these bugs, glitches, and shady AI changes that I'm getting sick of it. All it takes is a few hits and your champs dead. It's so sickening.

Did you do that strike back path? I died like 8 times in that path. I haven't done it 100% except the tech section but the rest seems pretty simple, no issues or "shady AI" or anything. Hopefully it's not in the paths i'm yet to attempt haha
    danielmath wrote: »

Did you do that strike back path? I died like 8 times in that path. I haven't done it 100% except the tech section but the rest seems pretty simple, no issues or "shady AI" or anything. Hopefully it's not in the paths i'm yet to attempt haha

Not yet.

The shady stuff is overlunging from the AI when attacking, the regular but subtle lag right at the moment you need parry or evade, which results in you dying instantly from 2 or 3 hits, when the AI finishes a special or heavy and you counter and they immediately recover and hit you back, It's ridiculous. Can't give us a fair game.
  • I’ve noticed that when I go to attack the AI, it tries to attack me at the same time. This doesn’t happen sometimes. It always happen. Then it’s the infamous sit in block for half the fight, or the randomly block special attacks then immediately attack you after it’s over with no way to block or do anything. Yet, somehow if you tried to do the same thing the AI would parry you then would combo you into oblivion.
    edited September 2017
    Just got smashed after the classic 10 seconds of lag where you're frozens for a few seconds the game is extremely choppy, the moves don't register which means the AI has the advantage and can punch you as much as they want. Was playing 5.3 and lost my champ because of it.

This garbage is costing us units. This mega lag has been going on for 3 months now. Fix this ****.

EDIT: JUST had Star Lord connect his l1 to me by LUNGING 75% of the way across the screen and hit me with it. I wish I had it on video. This is pretty despicable Kabam.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Amonthir wrote: »
    Only issues I have had with with have been with Symbioids in AQ, their behavior has become very strange lately, and twice this AQ cycle I have had Skill Symbs hit me with an L2 while I was in the middle of comboing them.

I've been getting loads of that too
  • zMaoriiboiizMaoriiboii Posts: 150
    Lol A.Is just go ham on yo ass. I find myself evading full combos. Trying to bait and all A.I does is rush in do a 2 hit combo with uppercut n dash back. Does the hands up/down dance and repeats. Easy to evade but still doesn't do their super. Couple times he'll do a 5 hit combo and straight after he'll recover and straight into another combo ( Wish I could do that lol )
  • zMaoriiboiizMaoriiboii Posts: 150
    Isn't too bad. I've stopped playing quests where P.I index is twice mine. It's just too hard n I'm not spending money for revives anymore. I'll just stick to arena. Until they make that harder n I'll stop playing all together lol
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    I don't see any odd AI behaviour, neither in game nor in the videos posted on this thread.

Is the AI supposed to break your block?

cbvygwbmpswc.gif
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Explain this one Kabam. Two L1 specials. One is slower and has a small range, the other is faster and it lunges much more.

This is pretty tame compared to other times where the AI dives at you from way across the screen and catches you with specials and heavies and lunging attacks when they shouldn't. This is costing us a ton of units. Explain what's going on here.

7zkboqvxeett.gif

the difference in the l1 special is clear.. much longer reach than the first one
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    I don't see any odd AI behaviour, neither in game nor in the videos posted on this thread.

cbvygwbmpswc.gif

He didn't, your ultron autoevaded and lost it
    Acanthus wrote: »

cbvygwbmpswc.gif

Watch when Ultron is against the truck. Broken block.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★

cbvygwbmpswc.gif

Nope. He's not supposed to break your block.

And it's ok for you to admit that you let go of your left hand/block thinking that you can get a counter.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Just to follow up on my post.

Look at where he claims to have his block broken.

The AI had a slight hesitation after his medium. There is a tendency for people to go for the counter then. So this isn't substantial evidence that your block was broken by the AI.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    Acanthus wrote: »

cbvygwbmpswc.gif

Watch when Ultron is against the truck. Broken block.

My bad didn't watch till the end. Without seeing the inputs it's impossible to tell though