**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Computer now Parries???

S2k_WaltS2k_Walt Posts: 34
edited August 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
Running Act 6.3.1 and took far lane that starts with Colossus. He parried me once and also shrugged off a stun and used an s2 on me. There is no limber node on that or stun node. Also, the AI is more defensive. Has anyone else been receiving these issues?

Comments

• S2k_WaltS2k_Walt Posts: 34
    Correction Act 6.3.1
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    I also encountered an unexpected parry when duelling Kabam’s 3/45 6* Luke Cage. Didn’t think those had masteries? Perhaps it’s the same bug.
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    Colossus has the ability to parry as his in game description says, easy to forget but it’s been like that since his buff lol
  • Eldot5Eldot5 Posts: 18
    edited August 2020
    Yeah. The AI is bugged right now since this update went live. Everyone is experiencing the very same issues.

@StevieManWonder so it’s not “working as intended”. The only part of content when AI can parry is in Alliance War, player profile duels and in Arena fights (which are all based off the actual mastery setup of the player whose champs you are matched against).
  • S2k_WaltS2k_Walt Posts: 34

Yeah so Colossus is capable of stunning on his well timed blocks. Like that’s part of his base kit. When you activate the parry mastery, the stun he would inflict from his abilities his replaced with the parry stun and you deal x amount of direct damage. It’s working as intended.

Just read his abilities so thank u for. Act 6 is very defensive aside from that parry. I didn’t realize the stun ability but the extra defensiveness is like running map 3
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    edited August 2020

“ iTs nOt WoRkInG As InTeNdEd”

Yep showed that your rly read his description to certify that someone else is wrong.

Parry is Unique ability exclusive to champions with said ability like players with masteries. I’m sure I’ve seen some nodes a while back with the ability

A well timed block is NOT a unique attribute
    Which is what parry works off of.
    Look at boss rush sinister he can trigger the degen
    Ai is able to perform a well timed block its rare but it happens, plus we don’t see many secondary effects as a result of them so we tend to forget and ignore them

Kabam champs seem to have masteries enabled Since I’ve seen a few use dex.
    Eldot5 said:

Yeah. The AI is bugged right now since this update went live. Everyone is experiencing the very same issues.

@StevieManWonder so it’s not “working as intended”. The only part of content when AI can parry is in Alliance War, player profile duels and in Arena fights (which are all based off the actual mastery setup of the player whose champs you are matched against).

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Eldot5 said:

Cool, read through my comment again or read through Colossus’s abilities and you’ll see that you’re wrong.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    DannyB01 said:

I also encountered an unexpected parry when duelling Kabam’s 3/45 6* Luke Cage. Didn’t think those had masteries? Perhaps it’s the same bug.

The duel accounts are set up with Dex and Parry, or just Parry.
    edited August 2020

Eldot5 said:

Cool, read through my comment again or read through Colossus’s abilities and you’ll see that you’re wrong.
    Of course the AI *can* parry.
    What I said was that it only should happen under the specific circumstances when fighting a duel player profile, in AW, and in arena — because those are the only instances when the parry mastery is active for a defender you matchup against.
    In other content, there aren’t player masteries activated (Player masteries are unique to player profiles and not to every aspect of game content).
    Or are you arguing that is not true?

And besides, you seem only focused on Colossus, as if that champ is the only champ that is able to parry since this update went live. Which is obviously not the case.
    I did not dispute Colossus’s abilities to parry-stun. I’m not in nor ever was in disagreement with that so how can I be “wrong”?
    It was you who said “it’s working as intended”, in reference to the AI being able to parry.
    My initial comment was speaking universally (as well the comments of other MCOC players) of the buggy AI and how champs in EQ for example should not generally be capable of parrying, and yet that is happening.
    Eldot5 said:

Eldot5 said:

What I said was that it only should happen under the specific circumstances when fighting a duel player profile, in AW, and in arena — because those are the only instances when the parry mastery is active for a defender you matchup against.
    In other content, there aren’t player masteries activated (Player masteries are unique to player profiles and not to every aspect of game content).

And besides, you seem only focused on Colossus, as if that champ is the only champ that is able to parry since this update went live. Which is obviously not the case.
    My initial comment was speaking universally (as well the comments of other MCOC players) of the buggy AI and how champs in EQ for example should not generally be capable of parrying, and yet that is happening.
    No, I’m trying to tell you that Colossus can stun on well timed blocks. It’s part of his kit. He doesn’t need the parry mastery activated to do it.

Eldot5 said:

Eldot5 said:

No, I’m trying to tell you that Colossus can stun on well timed blocks. It’s part of his kit. He doesn’t need the parry mastery activated to do it.
    @Eldot5
    Plus kabam duel profiles include parry and Dex mastery.

The thing you are mentioning is a 'well timed block', and everyone agrees that that does not used to happen.
    but calling it a 'parry' can be confusing in current situation
    The AI has always been capable of making a well timed block, it’s just that since it doesn’t have the parry mastery active, you don’t notice it. You can tell when it happens since the block damage is substantially lower. It’s not common but it happens.

Eldot5 said:

Eldot5 said:

@Eldot5

The thing you are mentioning is a 'well timed block', and everyone agrees that that does not used to happen.
    The AI has always been capable of making a well timed block, it’s just that since it doesn’t have the parry mastery active, you don’t notice it. You can tell when it happens since the block damage is substantially lower. It’s not common but it happens.
    That's how I get my evade charge on Corvus against elsa lol
    But, it is not a common occurrence.
    Whiffing an attack tends to trigger the walking AI.
    We all knows how NC's AI was changed, and it's been happening ever since.
    The walking AI who perform a well timed block never happened after a 5hit combo.
    The AI has definitely changed in the new update and it’s really annoying.

Eldot5 said:

Eldot5 said:

@Eldot5

Again, I am in agreement with you but that wasn’t the actual point.
    The point was that all champs will not parry in the game, and that should only happen in specific content (and in the unique case of one champ, namely, Colossus).

The AI is buggy right now and the parries which are currently occurring aren’t working as intended.
    That’s what I was particularly speaking of.

https://youtu.be/lErPuafRcWI
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Eldot5 said:

Eldot5 said:

Eldot5 said:

@Eldot5

The point was that all champs will not parry in the game, and that should only happen in specific content (and in the unique case of one champ, namely, Colossus).

The AI is buggy right now and the parries which are currently occurring aren’t working as intended.

The AI actually had/has more actions than just the block or attack the video claims it has, it could also dodge back or not doing anything. It is just that it used to block or attack more than anything else.. Now it is not. In the video the parry was because he attacked while he was not blocking, that is normal. I got intercepted today because I accidentally attacked while he was in his walking mode. you can still play the game normally, just pay a little better attention.
    edited August 2020
    Lormif said:

Eldot5 said:

Eldot5 said:

Eldot5 said:

@Eldot5

The AI actually had/has more actions than just the block or attack the video claims it has, it could also dodge back or not doing anything. It is just that it used to block or attack more than anything else.. Now it is not. In the video the parry was because he attacked while he was not blocking, that is normal. I got intercepted today because I accidentally attacked while he was in his walking mode. you can still play the game normally, just pay a little better attention.
    Again, your points being noted, all of that is not normal behavior for the game.
    It’s not just a random occurrence that should happen rarely. It shouldn’t be happening.
    The defender should block, but not parry-stun.

And that’s the point.
    I think that much is quite clear.
  • Cendar333Cendar333 Posts: 303
    The AI stuff is detailed in another forum post:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/213826/the-ai-is-acting-very-weird-after-today-s-update-merged-thread/p5

Highly encourage you to consolidate things there!
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Eldot5 said:

Lormif said:

Eldot5 said:

Eldot5 said:

Eldot5 said:

@Eldot5

Again, your points being noted, all of that is not normal behavior for the game.
    It’s not just a random occurrence that should happen rarely. It shouldn’t be happening.

And that’s the point.
    It should be happening, just probably not as often. Those are 2 different points. It is normal behavior, just rarer behavior.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,009 ★★★★★
    Eldot5 said:

@Eldot5 Colossus can stun. It's not actually parry. OP referenced their experience as "parry" but it wasn't actually a parry.
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    Eldot5 said:

Lormif said:

Eldot5 said:

Eldot5 said:

Eldot5 said:

@Eldot5

And that’s the point.
    DUUUUUUUDE
    You dug yourself in a hole and after you realized you were wrong are now trying to Say “ but we’re saying the same thing”

Just drop it and move on, you’re making it worse for yourself
  • Cendar333Cendar333 Posts: 303

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/213826/the-ai-is-acting-very-weird-after-today-s-update-merged-thread/p5

Cendar333 said:

Thanks again man.
    At least this lets me know that I’m not as unenlightened as I have been made out to be here.
    Lol