**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why do people think that Ice Man is "god tier"??

Comments

• Are you serious? Ice = absolute versatility

- Full immune
    - Shuts down evade
    - Can eat SP3 all day (ever fight Map 6 Hyperion?)
    - MAIN aspect not discussed here: Deals damage over time to immune champs. NOONE is immune to coldsnap and frostbites. Simple example, Dorm.

• World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    NormanBJJ wrote: »
    Raa wrote: »
    Name one champ that bypasses evade from the start of the fight til the end. Add that to his triple immunities, the fact that frostbites aren't considered debuffs and his ability to take an l3 like it was a basic hit and tell me why he is overhyped.

Magneto can tank multiple l3's from Hyperion, unlike Iceman which requires the ice armor. Triple immunity does NOT matter unless you get hit or run suicides, Evade doesn't matter unless they are stun immune, Crossbones can stop evade right from the beginning with furies

Immunity is a big help when you encounter nodes that inflict poison or bleed, or caltrops paths.
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    edited September 2017
    I'm very curious, why do people consider him god tier? The hype needs to die.
    Triple immunities: Doesnt matter if you don't get hit, with the exception of Abominations passive poison
    Coldsnap can stop evade: SO can Archangel, and other defensive ability accuracy reduction champs
    He can tank and L3: So can the Magnetos, does that make them god tier??

Can Archangel bypass evades when he enters the fight at 100% and during all game long ? No.
    Triple immunities : you are saying don't get hit, obviously you never played AQ or AW, you know, it has nodes ?
    He is also the champ that can deal the most damages to immune debuff nodes, but that's something you only see in AQ / AW, so you don't know
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    neb wrote: »
    Why all the hate, you clearly state he can do 3 major utility things right at the start. You then point out how other champs can do one of these 3 things so iceman isn't that great. You realize iceman does all 3 of these things and does them better right? Lol this post is pure troll

It's a classic strategy of the uneducated during debates. Try and spin something based on one simple fact while ignoring everything as a whole.
  • NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    neb wrote: »
    Why all the hate, you clearly state he can do 3 major utility things right at the start. You then point out how other champs can do one of these 3 things so iceman isn't that great. You realize iceman does all 3 of these things and does them better right? Lol this post is pure troll

I don't hate iceman, and I never said he was a bad champ, I just don't get why people treat him like he's the second coming of Christ
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Someone who can immediately bypass all evades when duped to start the fight is awesome (only bw can do this under normal starting conditions, no suicides on the champ you are fighting). Triple immunity is another bonus (stops invenerate on LOL agent venom or it should anyway. Only takes 5% health from L3s (way better than mags can).

Good damage output is all sl has and he's considered God tier. Wolvie is god tier just for his regen. Champs can be god tier for other attributes besides damage or regen. Any good player won't get hit much so throw that comment from the OP out the window. That would be saying sl isn't god tier because you ge thit and he loses his damage.
    Iceman is a god tier champ in the hands of any good player
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Iceman is a god tier champ in the hands of any good player

And in many ways like pre 12.0 SW, he is a god tier because he can help bad players get through rough opponents.
    @R4GE I don't think he's that good to players who aren't skilled. SW made anyone good. I've never had a 4* SW though so I wouldn't know. I have 70 4* and have never gotten her
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    I'm very curious, why do people consider him god tier? The hype needs to die.
    Triple immunities: Doesnt matter if you don't get hit, with the exception of Abominations passive poison
    Coldsnap can stop evade: SO can Archangel, and other defensive ability accuracy reduction champs
    He can tank and L3: So can the Magnetos, does that make them god tier??

running suicides with ArchAngel in AQ, he will die after a few matches without using Pots.

Iceman won't. ... and iceman can tank sp3's losing next to no health. and can handle evade.

AA doesn't need to fire off specials though.
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    @R4GE I don't think he's that good to players who aren't skilled. SW made anyone good. I've never had a 4* SW though so I wouldn't know. I have 70 4* and have never gotten her

It wasn't a comparison to the two champs being on the same level. Just more of a similarity to them both being able to get through certain champs with lack of skill. Example would be those who don't have the skill to drop spidey or NC in AW, but can easily get it done with Iceman
    I gotcha @R4GE
    edited September 2017
    @Deadbyrd9 I should have chosen my wording better when making the comparison
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    Go luck trying to reduce the cutoffs. I support you.

hahahahahaha! I didn't even consider that. Kudos to the OP. We get your strategy now lol
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    R4GE wrote: »

hahahahahaha! I didn't even consider that. Kudos to the OP. We get your strategy now lol

We can only hope that is his strategy.

LOL, its the only thing that makes sense of this thread
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★

That could work, but I still see him going for a lot. He's just such a versatile champ. Crossbones (feature) and Psylocke (basic) this weekend should be interesting to see how high they go for too.

That could work, but I still see him going for a lot. He's just such a versatile champ. Crossbones (feature) and Psylocke (basic) this weekend should be interesting to see how high they go for too.
    Could be a possibility for the OP, but was really just sarcasm on my end. I think he really doesn't understand the concept of Iceman
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Triple immunity is good when you get hit, or good for suicides. If you play perfectly you shouldn't get hit

U don't need to get hit to get poisoned. Passive poison like Abomination is one example.

Same goes for Archangel's ability to inflict poison while blocking. Unless your version of playing perfectly means not attacking into a blocking opponent at all. In that case, you are god tier, whether the champ is god tier ot not doesn't matter.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Triple immunity - check
    Unavoidable damage that nobody is immune to - check
    Ability to place Frostbites that aren't considered debuffs and do nice dmg (1k+ per stack at 5/50) - check
    Ability to completely nullify evade - check
    Decent damage - check
    Ability to tank sp3's - check

Archangel is obviously a boss but as soon as your enemy is bleed or poison immune he loses that title....whereas Iceman doesn't

Comparing him to Magneto is also not viable. Yes, Magneto can tank sp3 the whole fight but so can Iceman as long as the enemy isn't getting sp3 every 11 seconds. Other than that one Magneto feature how can you really even compare the two, you've got to at least admit Iceman is better than Magneto...

• SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    Read the poll a couple of posts down rather than starting a new thread as it has your answers

I read that poll, and the Iceman hype needs to die, he is not the only champ that can counter evade, and he is not the only champ that can tank an l3....
    His damage isn't good compared to other champs either

Agreed 100% @NormanBJJ but he is the only one who can do all three with 3 immunities and decent damage. dats why he is GOD-tier.
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Iceman does have good damage output, when you can mix his frost bite and heavy attack together it makes fights go way quicker, so you can end that electro fight quickly, that abom fight quickly. Ofcourse someone like hyperion would do it faster, but that's hyperion. Iceman is like the 2nd best mutant champ, with AA pretty much being the best mutant. Rogue is amazing as well but iceman is just all around amazing and deserves his god tier title.
  • NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    Greywarden wrote: »
    Triple immunity - check
    Ability to place Frostbites that aren't considered debuffs and do nice dmg (1k+ per stack at 5/50) - check
    Decent damage - check

Archangel is obviously a boss but as soon as your enemy is bleed or poison immune he loses that title....whereas Iceman doesn't

Comparing him to Magneto is also not viable. Yes, Magneto can tank sp3 the whole fight but so can Iceman as long as the enemy isn't getting sp3 every 11 seconds. Other than that one Magneto feature how can you really even compare the two, you've got to at least admit Iceman is better than Magneto...

I never said Magneto was better than Iceman, im just saying the ability to tank l3s isnt very uncommon, and that others can do what he does
    edited September 2017
    Greywarden wrote: »
    Triple immunity - check
    Decent damage - check

I never said Magneto was better than Iceman, im just saying the ability to tank l3s isnt very uncommon, and that others can do what he does

Lol, seriously? Aside from Magneto Marvel Now, Magneto, Iceman and Gwenpool name me the other champs that can consistently take a third special.

That is 4 champs out of about 100. 4% is very uncommon!
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Iceman is liked by players because he can he can be used for every single scenario

AA's damage output goes limp against either immune champs

But iceman whos frostbites dont feed willpower or masochism and NO champ in this game is immune to his abilities
    Iceman is liked by players because he can he can be used for every single scenario

AA's damage output goes limp against either immune champs

But iceman whos frostbites dont feed willpower or masochism and NO champ in this game is immune to his abilities

I agree. I remember his release with the special event and how nasty his coldsnap was at the beginning of the master difficulty quest in chapter 3. AV shrugged it off faster but then he was still tough to beat.
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Who tf uses magneto in their everyday mcoc life lol, I know there's people with him at 4/55 but like we know he can take specials, he's not an end game champ. Iceman is one of the best attackers in the game. War, he's got you. Any act and any quest, he's got you (besides spite lol, lose that icearmor). Aq, he's got you. I don't think I can think of a node where iceman can't put work in, besides spite. You can work around those 5.2 nodes with the buffs and debuffs, it's not that hard. Of course he can't solo a high sig magik depending on the mount of health and attack and stuff. But really he deserves his god tier title. He really doesn't have a weakness, unlike that beast AA where if the enemy is immune to either poison or bleed (or both), his full abilities won't show.