**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why do people think that Ice Man is "god tier"??

Comments

• UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Who tf uses magneto in their everyday mcoc life lol, I know there's people with him at 4/55 but like we know he can take specials, he's not an end game champ. Iceman is one of the best attackers in the game. War, he's got you. Any act and any quest, he's got you (besides spite lol, lose that icearmor). Aq, he's got you. I don't think I can think of a node where iceman can't put work in, besides spite. You can work around those 5.2 nodes with the buffs and debuffs, it's not that hard. Of course he can't solo a high sig magik depending on the mount of health and attack and stuff. But really he deserves his god tier title. He really doesn't have a weakness, unlike that beast AA where if the enemy is immune to either poison or bleed (or both), his full abilities won't show.

Not saying AA is bad, just showing a weakness.
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    You separated the benefits of Iceman and then compared each one to a different champ.
    Where is the other triple Immune champ, that starts fights with unstoppable degen and eliminating evade, and can take any sp3 without blinking.
    If you fight perfect and dont need to be immune then why are you worried about losing the Ice Armor? How do you fight perfect on degen nodes if not immune?
    You have 3 champs in AQ/AW, 5 in quests.... It sounds like you always need to bring Mags, AA, Bones, plus 1 Immune champ.

You need 4 and I bring Iceman.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    NormanBJJ wrote: »
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    He has decent damage, direct damage, tank more L3 than Magneto and he has triple immunity

Damage is not decent when you compare him to champs like Archangel, X-23 or Gwenpool bro..... And his ice armor isn't active 100% of the time like Magneto's is

Magneto has ice armor?
  • Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    Because you just described 3 champions in 1... don't forget coldsnap and frostbites
  • Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    And if you can do same score on map6 with spider gwen,kamala or other thash and iceman then you are a god.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    I'm very curious, why do people consider him god tier? The hype needs to die.
    Triple immunities: Doesnt matter if you don't get hit, with the exception of Abominations passive poison
    Coldsnap can stop evade: SO can Archangel, and other defensive ability accuracy reduction champs
    He can tank and L3: So can the Magnetos, does that make them god tier??

No one champ can do all the above things at the same time. It's pretty simple. You listed why he is Omega level. Immunities, Ice Armor and evasion reduction in one package. No other champ has so much utility and the ability to do good damage on top of it.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Raa wrote: »
    Name one champ that bypasses evade from the start of the fight til the end. Add that to his triple immunities, the fact that frostbites aren't considered debuffs and his ability to take an l3 like it was a basic hit and tell me why he is overhyped.

Magneto can tank multiple l3's from Hyperion, unlike Iceman which requires the ice armor. Triple immunity does NOT matter unless you get hit or run suicides, Evade doesn't matter unless they are stun immune, Crossbones can stop evade right from the beginning with furies

It is funny how you mentioned two champs that can do what Iceman himself can as your argument! :)
  • eXtripa69 wrote: »
    He has decent damage, direct damage, tank more L3 than Magneto and he has triple immunity

No, he can only take a L3 when his ice armor is active. If you want to tell it be 100 about.
  • Raa wrote: »
    Name one champ that bypasses evade from the start of the fight til the end. Add that to his triple immunities, the fact that frostbites aren't considered debuffs and his ability to take an l3 like it was a basic hit and tell me why he is overhyped.

Crossbones, Black widow. Oh crossbones unduped can.
  • eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Immunity doesnt matter if you play like an absolute god, they are good in aq, but so are other champs bros

Then try to beat a poison/bleed node on act 5 with a non-immune champ

Why when he can just use the Swiss Army knife Ultron. Lol
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Crossbones needs furies and he does not start with any.

AV and black widow can reduce it from the start, but not negate it entirely. Elektra and Crossbones require time to reduce it (but never negate it entirely either).
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    @JRock808 is correct. Crossbones does not negate evade from the start of the start of the match @Degirmencioglu

You have to get a few fury buffs on him to better ensure that the opponent does not evade.
  • Ethans8279Ethans8279 Posts: 129
    If the purpose of this post is to lower the cutoff of the Iceman arena, it fails. I understand that you don't think Iceman is good enough to be"god tier" , but apparently you cannot persuade us .
    Ethans8279 wrote: »
    If the purpose of this post is to lower the cutoff of the Iceman arena, it fails. I understand that you don't think Iceman is good enough to be"god tier" , but apparently you cannot persuade us .

There is a quote that I believe summarizes the entire body of this thread for the one person firmly against Iceman "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread."
  • Ahahah you said it. the abilities of a lot of champs into one champ. Damage reduction by ice armor, immunitities, opponent cannot evade attack, a lot of direct damage by frostbite and heavy attack, l2 inflict a lot of damage. He is a god tier, cause don't have a major weakness. The only ability that he doesn't have is regen
    edited September 2017
    BrotherVo wrote: »
    Ahahah you said it. the abilities of a lot of champs into one champ. Damage reduction by ice armor, immunitities, opponent cannot evade attack, a lot of direct damage by frostbite and heavy attack, l2 inflict a lot of damage. He is a god tier, cause don't have a major weakness. The only ability that he doesn't have is regen

Neither does Archangel. Neither does Magneto. Neither does Crossbones. All champs that the OP has compared Iceman to.
    @IAmNotUrMom I just said AA'S weaknesses. It's the opponents immunity. If they're both bleed and poison immune his neurotoxin is shut off, if they're immune to one of the two key ones then he's not as great, but still does put in work.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    neb wrote: »
    Why all the hate, you clearly state he can do 3 major utility things right at the start. You then point out how other champs can do one of these 3 things so iceman isn't that great. You realize iceman does all 3 of these things and does them better right? Lol this post is pure troll

I don't hate iceman, and I never said he was a bad champ, I just don't get why people treat him like he's the second coming of Christ

Second coming of Christ? Now there's a champ to add to this game.
    Infinite Auto-revives
    Heals other champs on his team
    Arch Angel fights on his behalf
    He's the Highest God Tier
    Doesn't need gold to rank up
    Can convince the opponent to stop fighting against him.
    He Creates synergies with ANY champs on his team. Even previous villains.
    Heals Daredevil's vision
    Forgives Ghost Rider

Sorry. Couldn't help myself. :)

Sounds like my vision of what Chuck Norris could be to this game.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Raa wrote: »

Crossbones, Black widow. Oh crossbones unduped can.

Not from the start and not 100%.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★

No, he can only take a L3 when his ice armor is active. If you want to tell it be 100 about.

Why would you lose your ice armor.. only option is getting hit or getting stunned which shouldn't be happening.. l3 should be the only thing that breaks it
    Grimmbear wrote: »

Why would you lose your ice armor.. only option is getting hit or getting stunned which shouldn't be happening.. l3 should be the only thing that breaks it
    That's facts.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    To help clear this up... I've had a duped iceman at r4 since 5 mins after he was available - he is an absolute monster for aw, aq and questing. I can run a while aw path with just him.

Original post said he does poor damage... stack 7 frostbites and then do heavy and you will see 10k go in a single hit.

I can only imagine our view comes from not actually having him. So don't hate on everyone that does
    Monk1 wrote: »
    To help clear this up... I've had a duped iceman at r4 since 5 mins after he was available - he is an absolute monster for aw, aq and questing. I can run a while aw path with just him.

Original post said he does poor damage... stack 7 frostbites and then do heavy and you will see 10k go in a single hit.

I can only imagine our view comes from not actually having him. So don't hate on everyone that does

Has anyone tried him against Kingpin in master difficulty this month? I used Nightcrawler. But now I'm wondering if I should have tried Iceman.
    Monk1 wrote: »

Yeah man, had em when he came out as well. (Sadly unduped, but what's Great is he doesn't need need it). He makes everything a breeze. His frost bite and heavy attack ability makes every right easier. Like 8 frost bite stacks should do like 14k+ in one heavy and also count that actually heavy attack's damage which could crit so that could be a possible 2k+damage right there aswell. Before you say you have to do a heavy attack, you really don't, you can do heavy attack intercepts or heavy attack them while your doing a combo. Don't always have to parry and hit a heavy attack. The frost bites are just amazing and they can be applied to anyone since it isn't a debuff.
    @IAmNotUrMom anyone can work against kingpin bro. Iceman would do great, just like rogue can do great or voodoo. He's not an extremely hard fight. Just bait l1s basically.
  • Grimv717Grimv717 Posts: 96

Damage is not decent when you compare him to champs like Archangel, X-23 or Gwenpool bro..... And his ice armor isn't active 100% of the time like Magneto's is

Guess you haven't popped 5+ frostbite stacks with a heavy before. His damage output is solid and he doesn't rely on damage over time debuffs to do it. There's plenty of things that individually are pretty good but not "amazing" but when all added together make him a "god tier." 5* Iceman is super helpful for Labyrinth for Abomination and Guillotine because of his immunities. His direct damage lets him bypass things that damage you when you attack enemies to an extent, like thorns and spiked armor. Obviously he excels against evade champs, including Mordo with his astral evade. He has lots of uses, both niche and general. You don't have to like him, and his damage output isn't quite on level with Archangel, but he's definitely one of the best champs currently, duped or not
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    Grimmbear wrote: »

Or using his sp2
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    chill guys, he is trying his best to go down iceman cut off. But, it'll get worst. I'm telling u guys one of my secret I'm the one who spread the rumour Hyperion nerf to go down his cut off. But, I was failed. It become worst. All is he doing, cut off for iceman will become even worst.