**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[Android] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★

I got an update for 28.0.2. Don't see any improvement in visual performance. Input lag seems like it has improved a bit, but I am seeing a lot of micro stutters in the menus and fights. Only time it feels smooth is during the SP3 animation. Still stability is not even close to pre 27.2.5 version of the game

I got the same update. Zero improvement.
    I would suggest this issue with high refresh rate displays hasn't been addressed at all.
  • SuperToebashSuperToebash Posts: 8
    Thecurler said:

I got an update for 28.0.2. Don't see any improvement in visual performance. Input lag seems like it has improved a bit, but I am seeing a lot of micro stutters in the menus and fights. Only time it feels smooth is during the SP3 animation. Still stability is not even close to pre 27.2.5 version of the game

I got the same update. Zero improvement.
    I would suggest this issue with high refresh rate displays hasn't been addressed at all.
    @Thecurler @AlphaChaos I can confirm that the frame rate issues have not been fixed - it is still capped at 60fps when I set the refresh rate to 120Hz. When I try to record fights, the fps dips to 45, which makes it pointless recording anything as it is nigh on unplayable.
    To be honest I have no idea what the fps was capped at before 27.2.5 compared to now.
    All l know is that prior to 27.2.5 I had to use developer settings to set my phone to run all apps in 90hz for this game to run well. And it did, the game ran great. Now it runs terrible, there's nothing wrong with my device, it's relatively new and high spec.
    This is becoming more and more frustrating.
  • I got an update for 28.0.2. Don't see any improvement in visual performance...

28.0.2 Hotfix was minor, only for Login problem if on Thai or Arabic language, and an SP3 Tutorial problem.
  • SuperToebashSuperToebash Posts: 8
    Thecurler said:

To be honest I have no idea what the fps was capped at before 27.2.5 compared to now.
    All l know is that prior to 27.2.5 I had to use developer settings to set my phone to run all apps in 90hz for this game to run well. And it did, the game ran great. Now it runs terrible, there's nothing wrong with my device, it's relatively new and high spec.

@Thecurler The fps wasn't capped before the 27.2.5 update. I usually run the game at 90Hz and got ~90fps, and 120Hz meant ~120fps. Since the 27.2.5 update, I only get 45fps at 90Hz and 60fps at 120Hz, and never get higher than 60fps during fights now.
  • PlaguePlague Posts: 2
    edited August 2020
    In game name is Plague~11
    Motorola e5go
    Android 8.1
    Verizon is my service provider
    Game version 28
    Both Wifi and data
    For months now I've been experiencing game crashes...at first it was with 4* Thing...at that point I placed a ticket with no results except that it evolved to include my 5* Dr Doom where I again placed a ticket..... the crashes occurred whenever I launch a special since those tickets...it has evolved to happen every where... regardless of whether it's me or the defender launching the special... the game lags and actions are slow to match desired actions that I select and now crashes even occur when I attempt to level up or rank up champions...in that time I've cleared the cache and data as well as rebooting it numerous times and uninstalled and reinstalled it almost as many times with no resolution to my issue
  • In game Name: Kid_Kulafu
    Device: LG Q6
    Cellular and Wifi: Both
    Game version: 28.0.2
    Game mode: All modes of game play
    Description: Game crahes after 10 minutes of playing
  • AlphaChaosAlphaChaos Posts: 20

Thecurler said:

@Thecurler The fps wasn't capped before the 27.2.5 update. I usually run the game at 90Hz and got ~90fps, and 120Hz meant ~120fps. Since the 27.2.5 update, I only get 45fps at 90Hz and 60fps at 120Hz, and never get higher than 60fps during fights now.
    I think without any changes to boost/force display frequency, it must be running in like 30 or 45 fps. Only on my 7T Pro after forcing display to always 90Hz I felt it was really smooth with high fps. After playing on my 7T Pro for months, I switched back to my iPad Pro 11" due to the recent lag. Honestly, on fps side I think its rendering in the 30-45 range even though it has a 120Hz display (I usually play games on 60 fps and above both on PC and mobile, so I can definitely tell a difference when something is running under 60 fps). But since the touch response is similar on both (iPad: 120Hz, 7T Pro: 135Hz) I didn't have much issue timing dex or parry.

Not sure if they are trying to remove the advantage of having a high refresh rate + high touch response rate combo, since anyone having such a device will be better at playing the game than those who do not have (happened in my case when I switched to playing the game on the 1st gen Pixel XL to iPad Pro and then to OP 7T Pro). If that is the case then I doubt we are going to get the pre 27.2.5 level performance back.
  • KomfenKomfen Posts: 34
    In-Game Name: Komfen
    Device and Model: Huawei p20 lite
    Device Operating System: 9.1.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: got the newest uppdate version installed.
    Game Mode: In all the modes
    Description of the Issue: From what i have ben reading online i can se im far from the only one that ben having lagg issues with these two champions Mysterio and Vision Aarkus.
    It have ben going on since they got released in to the game and it has yet to be fixed.
    But what makes me angry the most is why keep putting them in event qests?
    Like this mounth it is really bad when they have been used as bosses in the event qest Herald of Galactus.
    How can we players with lagg issues with these champs be expected to try at the harder level of the qest when we got the most laggy champs as a boss in the qest?
    It isent that bloody hard to avoid using them in qests when you got allot of champions to choose from is it Kabam?
  • In-Game Name: blackcrowe12345
    Device and Model: moto g(6)
    Device Operating System: Android 9
    Game Version Installed: 28.0.2
    Game Mode: All - In-fight and menu
    Description of the Issue: There's a few...
    1. Black screen but game still running: Sometimes as you are entering the run-in animations the screen goes completely black, but audio is still going and the menu is still active. If I hit where the pause button would be I can stall the fight starting and the force quit the game and try and recover the fight by reloading. This can work, but not every time and in Alliance war/quests it takes half your health off, which is annoying. In the menus you can also get a situation where the right half of the screen goes black, but the left side is fine. This can sometimes be fixed by going into other menus and sometimes the redraw will get the full screen back.
    2. Lag - on particular characters there can be situations where you seem to get a reduced frame rate, but overall the game play is keeping up. However, there are situations where a certain move will cause the displayed animations to proceed at about 1 frame per second and the animation takes much longer to complete. Audio for that move carries on at normal pace and you then have to wait for the video to catch back up. Particular characters this happens to are: Vision Aarkus, Mysterio, Sunspot + anyone with particle effects. Inputs are being queued up still and if I tap lights through the slow down, sometimes these come out as heavys when the games graphics catch back up.

These are not particular to 28.0.2. I have seen this for at least the last 3 updates, but I believe the frequency of these incidents is increasing.

I am religiously closing all apps apart from MCOC before I start it up, and these issues will still occur.
  • DangusZoneDangusZone Posts: 39
    In-Game Name: yay tea
    Device and Model: LG K8+ (2018) , model # LM -X210ULM.
    Device Operating System: 8.1.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both - US Cellular for cellular
    Game Mode: All encounters with the champ, but mainly in Event quests and AW Story Quests
    Description of the Issue: Vision Aarkus and (to a lesser extent) bubble shield champs:
    Vision Aark has always, since release, caused latency problems when fighting him on my device. More specifically, there is frame rate drop that occurs at the start, during dash/intercepts and (most commonly) when either champ's block is struck - especially vision's - or are hitting the other champ. Game frame rate quality is set to high (resets with each patch; I manually set it back each time). With the most recent patch leading into the August month, frame rate drop has gotten significantly worse, higher degree of fights tested as well because I've noticed increased use of him in content. Now, the frame rate drop is much worse and the game will sometimes freeze outright in the fight, sometimes for a few seconds at a time, before continuing, making stronger versions of him nearly unplayable to fight. This kind of frame rate drop has occurred periodically in the past with other champs that have a similar bubble like "energy" shield (Mr. Sinister, Aegon, to name a few) but nothing near the extent of Aarkus. It is unclear if the cause is the debuff effects, the block - does not seem to be the tenacity trigger, as it will occur when he strikes sometimes too - or some combination of his kit.
  • Lyrak10Lyrak10 Posts: 7
    In-Game Name: Lyrak10
    Device and Model: MOTO G6
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0.0
    Game Version Installed: 25.0.0
    Game Mode: ALL
    Description of the Issue: After 10 to 15 min playing, the game crashes. I can only play 4 fights before it crashes. I can't be competitive this way. Please fix it. And why this 1 M to kill Silver Surfer? Ridiculous.
  • KznKzn Posts: 23
    In-game name : KzN
    Device: Samsung s10e
    Device Operating System: Android 9
    Cellular or Wifi: Wifi
    Game Version: 28.0.2
    Game Mode: All modes
    Description of the issue: Unintented heavy attacks thrown during combos. Screen jumps at beginning of fight as champs are running towards each other. Lag also seems to be increasing.
  • KznKzn Posts: 23
    Game also sticks and doesn't accept commands ie dash back which can cost fights
  • jroneilljroneill Posts: 7
    In-Game Name: jroneill

Device and Model: Moto G6 Play

Device Operating System: 9

Cellular or WiFi: both. Cellular is Virgin

Game Mode: All

Description of the Issue: 1. Game occasionally goes to a black screen after pressing a button (eg to start a fight) - have to quit out and restart to continue
    2. Game lags severely when Thing as defender throws a special. No issue when using as attacker
  • Actually, I have encountered the same issue on iOS, my device is iPhone 7 and the game crashed several times while I was playing.
  • ZuuuZuuu Posts: 4
    In-Game Name: pikapika3

Device and Model: Oneplus7 pro, Asus Rog Phone 2, Asus Rog Phone 3

Device Operating System: 10

Cellular or WiFi: both

Game Version Installed: 28.0.2 (latest)

Description of the Issue: Since july there was bug with FPS drop to half for many devices with 90hz and above. As owner of many high end devices with high refresh rate 90-120-144hz having this issue and running the game on half of what is capable my devices is very dissapointing and want the old smooth gameplay back. Not to mention game advertising that supports 120fps on many sites, so i like to report here with couple of screenshots on my latest Rog Phone 3 that can support up to 160hz, check out all of the 90hz-120hz-144hz-160hz are cropped to half fps.

• LaninosLaninos Posts: 32
    In-Game Name: laninos

Device and Model: galaxy note 10+

Device Operating System: UI version 2.1, android version 10

Game Version Installed: latest

Game Mode: logging in

When already logged in and trying to log in on Google play, the button can be pressed, but no action occurs. You cannot login via,, linked Google play account but you can use the kabam log in. When you logout from your kabam ID, it goes to the airwalker load screen and sits. You have to force close to get back in. When you get back in, it goes to the account associated with your Google play account.
    Zuuu said:

Description of the Issue: Since july there was bug with FPS drop to half for many devices with 90hz and above. As owner of many high end devices with high refresh rate 90-120-144hz having this issue and running the game on half of what is capable my devices is very dissapointing and want the old smooth gameplay back. Not to mention game advertising that supports 120fps on many sites, so i like to report here with couple of screenshots on my latest Rog Phone 3 that can support up to 160hz, check out all of the 90hz-120hz-144hz-160hz are cropped to half fps.

Would be good to know if this is going to be sorted anytime soon.
    Sick of having to use my iPad. Unplayable on phone right now.
  • AlphaChaosAlphaChaos Posts: 20
    Thecurler said:

Zuuu said:

Would be good to know if this is going to be sorted anytime soon.
    Sick of having to use my iPad. Unplayable on phone right now.
    @Thecurler I am also playing on my iPad as well and still waiting for a fix. I noticed that iOS never got a 27.2.5 update and it directly went from 27.2.0 -> 28.0 -> 28.0.2, while only Android received that update. From further digging I found that it was a game engine update and it wasn't mentioned in the changelog. Found that in this thread where Kabam Miike has confirmed it.

Hey all,

This is an update for the game engine with no player-facing changes. It is being slowly rolled to all Android users.

Thanks @AlphaChaos. Reading that it gives me a tiny bit of optimism it will be resolved.
  • Hades_2Hades_2 Posts: 48
    Start of the new season and the game is lagging and glitching like crazy still, blocking is practically non existent it has been weeks now and still not rectified.
  • sailesh509sailesh509 Posts: 35
    @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Zibiit
    @Kabam Vydious
    @Kabam Porthos
    @Kabam Lyra
    pla respond or give us any reply or something plz
  • LPN20LPN20 Posts: 18
    Game crashed during parry the opponent...
    My mobile details attached in images..

MCOC app upto date updated...