**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How did you learn how to play Ghost?

Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
edited August 2020 in Strategy and Tips
She (along with Corvus) is the champion I’m targeting right now in the dual crystals.

However, unlike Corvus (who is probably the simplest elite champion to play), Ghost is a mystery to me. After over 3 years of playing, I still only have a 3 Star so it’s hard to know where to train my playing style with her.

I know many people who have settled for the Quake and Bake (evade/parry) method with Quake instead of mastering her Quake and Shake style. Is there a similar novice easy to learn style for Ghost players? All advice is appreciated. I know YouTube has a lot of tutorials but I think the more I hear from a variety of people, the better I’ll be.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,436 ★★★★
    You gotta watch a LOT of Youtube videos on her, not only specific instructional videos but also watching the likes of PandamanPete.

What it boils down to, however, is to phase, let them attack into you, then retaliate - how many attacks you phase and how many you unleash is totally up to you based on the fight. When you're ready to use your special (pro-tip, she only has an L2, no L1 :smile: ) then just make sure you phase & launch it in a single movement, assuming you have the Wasp synergy it's pretty easy to launch because it's unblockable.
  • Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    I saw KT1's videos along with one that was promoted in Prof Hoff's.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★

She (along with Corvus) is the champion I’m targeting right now in the dual crystals.

However, unlike Corvus (who is probably the simplest elite champion to play), Ghost is a mystery to me. After over 3 years of playing, I still only have a 3 Star so it’s hard to know where to train my playing style with her.

I know many people who have settled for the Quake and Bake (evade/parry) method with Quake instead of mastering her Quake and Shake style. Is there a similar novice easy to learn style for Ghost players? All advice is appreciated. I know YouTube has a lot of tutorials but I think the more I hear from a variety of people, the better I’ll be.

I'm still learning with Ghosting, but here is where I'm at with it and how i learnt to play her.

When i first started:

1. When phasing, my eyes will be on the timer. So long as the timer hasn't expired, you can't get hit.
    2. Just before the timer expires, parry /block
    3. If parry, then heavy and repeat step 1.

I found this method minimised the chance of getting punched in the face.

Then once i was comfortable with the idea of standing still and not blocking:

1. When phasing, my eyes would still be on the timer.
    2. At the corner of eyes, i would throw a medium to counter after the first strike.

Over time, now that I'm comfortable with playing Ghost, i don't look at the timer much.

https://youtu.be/cC02vld9g2o

• LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    She’s really not that hard to play, the real mastery comes in mastering her sp2 without Wasp or phasing through recoil, but even then compared to Quake shes much easier to pick up.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Lunae said:

She’s really not that hard to play, the real mastery comes in mastering her sp2 without Wasp or phasing through recoil, but even then compared to Quake shes much easier to pick up.

I’d argue that quakes parry style is much easier than Ghost
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrsVTtXRGg4T2-giDzcNqTw

This guy is one of the Ghost experts and he makes some vis about “Ghost 101”, I learnt a lot from those vis before r5 my 5* ghost.
  • Nichj99Nichj99 Posts: 248 ★★
    LoL Red Hulk. Far more predictable AI than that Winter Soldier and also significantly more aggressive. Once I could get him down Consistently without messing Up the phasing I moved into doing uncollected EQ’s with her then Act 6 practice.