**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

An alternative to rank-down tickets

Comments

• Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I’m surprised this thread lasted this long. I’ve seen more constructive posts get closed much quicker
  • Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    I’m surprised this thread lasted this long. I’ve seen more constructive posts get closed much quicker

Maybe Kabam seen his comments and said "Hey, this guys killing any reasoning for us to give RDT's. Let him continue talking" LOL
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    R4GE wrote: »

Maybe Kabam seen his comments and said "Hey, this guys killing any reasoning for us to give RDT's. Let him continue talking" LOL

Hey if this guy is our savior from RDT ever coming back, he's got a life long fan in me! I'll even gift him happily for providing this service to the community.
  • Options
    my wolverine would be r5 instead of nc if it wasnt i think we all know he is a much better attacker than nc

You ranked up Nightcrawler before Wolverine?
  • Options
    UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    all you people against RDT are just the top rated allies trying to prevent competition on you easily getting the t4cc crystal. bottom line is they changed the game for the worst and if they refuse to make the champs we have ranked worthy of there ranking then we need to have rank down tickets to adjust our teams regardless of how we may use them

You realize rdt the top shoots up more too right?
    I could downrank my r4 cm 5 star for Medusa .. huge bump in prestige.

Rdt are a terrible concept

So u don't send funds to disaster hit people, bcz some of them might misuse them?
  • Options
    all you people against RDT are just the top rated allies trying to prevent competition on you easily getting the t4cc crystal. bottom line is they changed the game for the worst and if they refuse to make the champs we have ranked worthy of there ranking then we need to have rank down tickets to adjust our teams regardless of how we may use them

You realize rdt the top shoots up more too right?
    I could downrank my r4 cm 5 star for Medusa .. huge bump in prestige.

Rdt are a terrible concept

doesnt matter to me i dont give a rats a## about the t4cc i just want to upgrade the 5* i have now that i didnt when rdt was handed out so i can have an easier time taking on the new harder content

Tada you just in perfect words explained why rdt should never exist

i dont see how when your argument was that it would make your stacked roster even better. yes its a bad move for kabam but a good move for the community so why hate. but when kabam makes a bad move the deserve to recieve punishment not the customer
    Stacked or great rosters are created with making smart choices.
    Not making bad choices later to expect a fix from Kabam

When you rank a champ you know that in the future you have a chance at a better champ or a 5*. So rank wisely

It's not a problem when we get a better 5* champion, the problem when w/o having that the one we already have becomes useless.
    And didn't u see, kabam mike himself agreed that with this forced diversity thing "..the champions that have become less useful than they're before...". Players have no control over sudden changes over meta, we don't strategise our squad thinking about unforseen future, that's just not possible.
    I would've no need to rank down my badass defenders (very few champions are there that're top choices for both offense, defense namely hyperion, iceman, magik, dormammu. I don't have them, but I've some top notch defenders, that used to help me n my alliance to get better rewards, so what's ur point? I shouldn't have rank them up bcz they aren't viable enough for offense, when they can help me to win huge chunk of rewards as defenders?) unless this sudden changes in AW happened.
  • Options
    Badrose wrote: »
    Badrose wrote: »
    Every time I read content like this, I understand why kabam is acting the way they are acting... Everyone getting RDTs is not a good move for the overall game, but everyone getting their whole roster destroyed is (?!).

I think everyones entire roster has found new purpose now that diversity is here to stay.

Exactly, that's the point, unfortunately I spent resources for champs that now are useless, because Kabam's system FORCED us to do that (in order to compete/win). Now they want diversity, so gimme RDTs in order to create it, and I'll be glad to downgrade Rhino and upgrade Kamala Khan or Spider Gwen...

Im just gonna assume some missed this comment from Miike or are just ready to ignore it if they did

a2bjk5i8fbgt.png

as simple as that, DON'T FORCE us to regret our rank up choices. or, Issue RDTs.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Herein lies the fundamental problem which I try to avoid going into in-depth for too long, because it generally meets with opposition and personal feelings.
    The changes, in my opinion, were brought about in part because of the same strong sense of preference exhibited here. With so much emphasis on gaining Kills in Defense, it created a value system where the Players valued the same few Champs, and considered the rest useless. With that being the entire focus for Ranking decisions, it created blinders for the actual value of Champs. They are neither actually nor literally useless. The fact that Allies had multiples of these Champs to maximize Defense difficulty is in effect, what led to Diversity. That's not a form of punishment. It's a response to the multiple issues created by that. Not only the system and its homeostasis, or the difficulty and frustration with the same Champs in Defense, but the actual value of other Champs themselves. It became such popular opinion that people quite literally started believing the other 90 some Champs are worthless. That's a direct result of the competitive nature of War that had come. It's not the first time we've seen changes come about because of a similar issue. Quite frankly, we have over 100 Champs, and regardless of popular opinion, they are not useless outside of War. They're simply different from each other. Notwithstanding the similarities some have, as in MM and CM for example, they are intended to be used as much as we can.
    The onus is not on the design that people Ranked multiples of those Champs. Meaning, "Kabam" did not make people Rank the "best" by making the rest "garbage". There have actually been many introductions of things since War has been introduced, and it was a culmination of things. Now, were the Players somehow at fault? No. It's common to try and maximize efficiency in gaming. However, asking for Resources to do the very thing that led to an issue is a bit contradictory. The Champs we Ranked and used up until now are still useful. We may not be able to use them at the same time as others due to Diversity, but use that Champ anywhere else in the game, and they still perform the same as they did, at that Rank. Somewhere along the lines people lost sight of the fact that Ranking everything we can is how we advance, and that's due to such strong emphasis on the old War paradigm, at least in part. Bottom line, it may be strong opinion and it may be popular opinion, but the Champs themselves are not in fact rendered useless. They're just not boosted by War Nodes to get Kills, and thus Points. Which we chose to do. The Champs are still the same. Tickets are for major changes to Champs (nerfs). Not to shift our Roster to constantly have the "best", or to make up for decisions we regret.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    I appreciate Smiller's effort to come up with something constructive. Overall, the answer is pretty easy: Fix AW. Quickly. None of this "iterative" process mumbo-jumbo.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    @MMCCXVI the game becomes pointless if I can just swap around the champs I use for different content. I have plenty of useless champs that aren’t defenders, but they served their purpose for what I needed them for. Once alliance diversity becomes a thing, alliances will have duplicate champs and people can bring more nc, magik, and juggs and no one will be complaining about RDTs. Also, more champs will need to be ranked up so you have new champs to spend resources on. I don’t mind spending expiring t4cc on joe fixit if he serves a purpose. It will give me a new reason to rank more champions I wouldn’t have before. What’s wrong with that? Why do we need to rank down champions that have served their purpose? A lot of people don’t need rank 4/55 sl because they have 100% LoL. He served his purpose but I doubt they care too much about ranking him down.
  • Options
    Dezz_1Dezz_1 Posts: 118
    MCCXVI wrote: »
    This is very sad to see - the selfishness of some people - so what if I rank down a champion - it makes me happy - so what - if you do not want to rank down, then that's fine - but there are many people who want to - do people ranking down their champions actually hurt you - if somebody's happiness causes you sadness and grief, then I feel really sorry for you - God bless.

• Options
    andrade5184andrade5184 Posts: 285 ★★
    well its obvious now diversity is working as intended so how bout those RDT's for our wasted champs that we ranked solely for defense
  • Options
    QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    This is very sad to see - the selfishness of some people - so what if I rank down a champion - it makes me happy - so what - if you do not want to rank down, then that's fine - but there are many people who want to - do people ranking down their champions actually hurt you - if somebody's happiness causes you sadness and grief, then I feel really sorry for you - God bless.

you don't think it's selfish to screw with the prestige game and screw over the other alliances/players who earned more rank up materials for their champs to get where they are?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Qwerty wrote: »

you don't think it's selfish to screw with the prestige game and screw over the other alliances/players who earned more rank up materials for their champs to get where they are?

not if the resources used to rank defenders are wasted kabam is the only one who wins in that scenario. so we all have to grind harder and longer or spend more to get the resources needed to rank up new defenders while putting our attacker ranks on hold so we can replenish our now depleted defense. the only one who benifits from that is kabam or players who have an abundance of useless champs
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Ranking champs for just one aspect of the game unless you can afford to is just not smart. People shouldn’t be rewarded for making dumb choices
  • Options
    Ranking champs for just one aspect of the game unless you can afford to is just not smart. People shouldn’t be rewarded for making dumb choices

its not a dumb choice to rank a champ to help your ally win wars and now even you will do the same again like you did once before
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    SMiller80 wrote: »
    No it isn't. You can use rank down items from a 4* into a 5*. That's one thing they are avoiding.

Exactly, it would be like the single level up stones you get now
    Everyone will just rank down useless duplicate defenders to rank up ones for diversity. Not sure the point of that

Then they will cry they can't beat content and Kabam need to do this and then cry and Kabam needs to do this..
    It's endless crying

Make smart choices and Kabam doesn't need to fix their rank choices

I got to ask...

At what point before this would it have been a smart choice to rank up a Spider Gwen?

• Options
    Even with the changes I haven’t had to rank up one champ for defense. I have such a large roster of offensive champs that I just them on defense. Only good defenders I had can be used on offense just as well in defense. Those are NC, hype, and magik
  • Options
    Even with the changes I haven’t had to rank up one champ for defense. I have such a large roster of offensive champs that I just them on defense. Only good defenders I had can be used on offense just as well in defense. Those are NC, hype, and magik

ya well if u had to decide between ranking your x23,wolvie,aa or iceman instead of nitecrawler for defense u would have but u didnt because u wanted to help your ally with defense
  • Options
    Wolvie was already a priority over NC. My alliance doesn’t care much and force us to rank champs we don’t want to. I’m never ranking up x-23 nor AA until he is duped. I have an awakening gem but I’m saving it for iceman
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Wolvie was already a priority over NC. My alliance doesn’t care much and force us to rank champs we don’t want to. I’m never ranking up x-23 nor AA until he is duped. I have an awakening gem but I’m saving it for iceman

oh ok so u had no better options. well alot of people did when the decided to help there ally on defense instead of being a selfish player like yourself
  • Options
    You think x-23 is a better option. I don’t. I could awaken AA but I don’t want to. NC might get a kill once a week in the old war system. He was easy to fight imo
  • Options
    I don’t want to benefit from mistakes because I made sure I didn’t make any
  • Options
    nc is the worst mutant attacker i would rather use colosus
  • Options
    I had NC before I ever ranked up a mutant to 5/50. No one forced me to rank him up. I saved for offensive mutants since there were plenty out there
  • Options
    to each his own thats why your argument on it being a stupid choice for ranking as an attacker is mute
  • Options
    At the time I like rogue and wolvie better for offense. Now I would much rather use nc for any quests
  • Options
    nc is the worst mutant attacker i would rather use colosus

lol
  • Options
    to each his own thats why your argument on it being a stupid choice for ranking as an attacker is mute

also lol
This discussion has been closed.