**UPDATE - iPAD STUCK FLICKERING SCREEN**
The 47.0.1 hotfix to address the issue of freezing & flashing lights on loading screens when trying to enter a fight, along with other smaller issues, is now ready to be downloaded through the App Store on IOS.
More information here.

Constructive or non-constructive

JCrash91JCrash91 Member Posts: 16
Lately I have massive problems understanding the decision of the moderators.

Every day!!!! EVERY DAY!!!!!!! , posts are closed with constructive feedback from the player base.

Every day they are closed because of apparently bad behavior or name calling... but WHY do you close the whole post ?
Why not just delete the bad comments?

In 99% of the cases, the new discussions have to do with real problems and genuinely important questions.
But instead of giving the man who asked an answer, the discussions are simply closed. Out of sight out of mind...

"I have to close this because of name calling"
"This getting out of hand. I will close this down"

I wonder why you always shut down posts who has good and constructive feedback on your decisions?!?!

If you want to do this then start saying -> "we listen to just the feedback we want to" and not every members feedback..
From my perspective you wait until somebody take a bad comment, to get a chance to close the thread. Hard criticism.. i know... but this is absolutely a big mistake in my eyes AND this is 10000% constructive AND i want to help YOU to take care of YOUR player base.

If there is a duplicate post on the forum then you can delete it.. but don´t delete posts who are CONSTRUCTIVE but have bad comments.

Thank you

Comments

• Good_HUBGood_HUB Member Posts: 23
    i understand mods have very tough job bcoz there are tons of posts to deal with on a daily basis.
    but a piece of suggestion: before closing down a post, it will be helpful for further communication if mods could kindly point out which specific forum terms the post is violating instead of simply saying it's unconstructive, which sometimes seems a bit arbitrary. No mean to offense
  • JCrash91JCrash91 Member Posts: 16
    Good_HUB wrote: »
    i understand mods have very tough job bcoz there are tons of posts to deal with on a daily basis.
    but a piece of suggestion: before closing down a post, it will be helpful for further communication if mods could kindly point out which specific forum terms the post is violating instead of simply saying it's unconstructive, which sometimes seems a bit arbitrary. No mean to offense

Yes that would be perfect
  • ThawnimThawnim Member Posts: 1,461 ★★★★

It's in the forum rules. If they say it is non-constructive then that means it violated the forum rules.
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/54/forum-rules-please-read-prior-to-posting#latest
    h4eaz8dhszjc.png
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Member Posts: 648 ★★★
    To me the problem is that many of these threads that get closed do quickly get off track. Or to use another example we have several people who start posting negative, non-constructive replies in the thread and then others dogpile on to what they said. A good thread quickly turns into mostly garbage. In essence we end up with a turd in the punch bowl. Now you could argue that the turd can be removed from the punch bowl , but you still have punch that had a turd in it.
    Thawnim wrote: »

It's in the forum rules. If they say it is non-constructive then that means it violated the forum rules.
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/54/forum-rules-please-read-prior-to-posting#latest
    h4eaz8dhszjc.png

Yeah but in my opinion there are very few posts which are really wrong and have to get shut down... here are so many great posts but in 8/10 times there are deleted or closed because of comments or there is absolutely no reason :(
    To me the problem is that many of these threads that get closed do quickly get off track. Or to use another example we have several people who start posting negative, non-constructive replies in the thread and then others dogpile on to what they said. A good thread quickly turns into mostly garbage. In essence we end up with a turd in the punch bowl. Now you could argue that the turd can be removed from the punch bowl , but you still have punch that had a turd in it.

Got u .. but at the end their was a guy or a women who took the time to ask a question or give constructive feedback. These members getting punished because of one comment "we close this" :/
  • Good_HUBGood_HUB Member Posts: 23

I agree some threads are obviously pure negativity and needs to be closed.
    For the turd/punch situation, I do feel it's a bit unfair to the original post, which may start with good intention but eventually get closed by some nasty replies.
    @JCrash91 and @Good_HUB I actually do not disagree with you. A better solution would be to allow the person who started the thread to have some control over the tone of the posts. Moderators could then swoop in if needed. Just pointing out in the current format of the system why I think the mods are so quick to close a thread, especially if it is a thread like RDTs that gets posted daily and quickly turns into a battle of forum users.
    This post will be closed.

Yeah, maybe.. :/ but its a problem and a constructive feedback
  • R4GER4GE Member Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    I'm rather curious how this one was considered to not be constructive...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/23250/player-feedback#latest
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,546 ★★★★
    Next thing you know someone gets the idea Maybe the mods are compensated based on who cleans up the boards the best during their shifts, or maybe they know when their bosses are poking around the boards asking Why are all these negative remarks on our company suggestion boards what am I paying you people for or maybe even You know what I'm tired of this and not paid nearly enough, you get closed, you get closed, ban you, ban you, you I don't know, ban you...
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Member Posts: 741 ★★
    From what i seen if you say anything that calls Kabam out, the post gets closed. If you call them out on the same topic kabam mike warns you.

I called them out asking for proof of testers. I also asked for proof as in ticket number for bugs they claim they are working on. All that happens my posts get deleted and i get warned.
    Some things are just a bit confusing. The point of feedback is for Kabam, so any positive or negative feedback needs to be directed towards them. Or whats the point of feedback.

They know not all feed back is going to be positive, so no reason negative feedback should be shut down if its at least constructive. But at the same time you can't be rude while doing so. I assume in some cases they have to use their own judgment on whats actually rude and could easily take something as rude when its not meant to be taken that way, which can easily happen with some negative feed back.

Constructive post showing negative feedback do seem to get closed prematurely. But seems its only when a user has created the thread and not a mod. The featured thread for the new AW is numerous pages of negative feedback and rudeness on a large scale, but remains open. Some things do seem hard to understand.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Member Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I'm sorry to say this, because I wish it wasn't true...

With soooo many threads being closed for "non constructive" posting lately, it seems like they are deliberately BURYING valid concerns from the community. If someone has valid, well thought out points that show a form of negligence on Kabam's part, it frequently gets closed within 24-48 hours as non constructive.

It's usually NOT the eloquent OP that is non constructive, but the thread derails. So the thread get's closed and buried rather than cleaned up and bumped to top for more thoughtful discussion. I don't think it's done for any nefarious reason, I think it's laziness or a policy left over from when they were under staffed.
    edited September 2017
    Vdh2008 wrote: »

With soooo many threads being closed for "non constructive" posting lately, it seems like they are deliberately BURYING valid concerns from the community. If someone has valid, well thought out points that show a form of negligence on Kabam's part, it frequently gets closed within 24-48 hours as non constructive.

It's usually NOT the eloquent OP that is non constructive, but the thread derails. So the thread get's closed and buried rather than cleaned up and bumped to top for more thoughtful discussion. I don't think it's done for any nefarious reason, I think it's laziness or a policy left over from when they were under staffed.

A lot of comments can easily derail a very well put out thread and cause it to be shut down. But when you take the thread above that I posted where only 2 comments out of the rest were questionable than you can't help but wonder how it was closed with the statement "this is no longer constructive." Based off 2 comments? Thats a bit silly.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Member Posts: 966 ★★★★
    R4GE wrote: »
    Vdh2008 wrote: »

A lot of comments can easily derail a very well put out thread and cause it to be shut down. But when you take the thread above that I posted where only 2 comments out of the rest were questionable than you can help but wonder how it was closed with the statement "this is no longer constructive." Based off 2 comments? Thats a bit silly.

That's what I mean too... Delete those comments, then LEAVE THE THREAD ALONE!

Closing it down is stifling discussion, and makes it look fishy in a bunch of cases.
    @JCrash91 and @Good_HUB I actually do not disagree with you. A better solution would be to allow the person who started the thread to have some control over the tone of the posts. Moderators could then swoop in if needed. Just pointing out in the current format of the system why I think the mods are so quick to close a thread, especially if it is a thread like RDTs that gets posted daily and quickly turns into a battle of forum users.

Do you mean something along the lines of the OP having some sort of mod right on their own thread to delete non-constructive or hateful comments? While that sounds like a great idea to me, the biggest issue I see happening is an OP abusing that option by deleting any comment that disagrees with their ideas or thought.
    edited September 2017

Do you mean something along the lines of the OP having some sort of mod right on their own thread to delete non-constructive or hateful comments? While that sounds like a great idea to me, the biggest issue I see happening is an OP abusing that option by deleting any comment that disagrees with their ideas or thought.

Just wanted to add, we can't even get users to quit abusing the flag option

Honestly it would be difficult to make work, but I think we have all been a part of threads that have been closed due to infighting due to two or three people or due to negative posts by a group of members. I was just thinking aloud on something that might work.
    edited September 2017

Honestly it would be difficult to make work, but I think we have all been a part of threads that have been closed due to infighting due to two or three people or due to negative posts by a group of members. I was just thinking aloud on something that might work.

I like the idea. Its just unfortunate something like that could never be a possibility given the common nature of people to be so irate and defensive to anyone who disagrees with them. Giving the upper hand with the option to silence people would just raise the same complaint as this thread, but instead of mods it would be the users doing it :(
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Member Posts: 432 ★★
    I agree 100% well said. It’s funny cause I was about to create one just like this but couldn’t of said it better myself. There’s no point of even coming on here & giving feedback cause they just do that EVERY SINGLE TIME! It’s annoying & disrespectful to the person asking questions or trying to give constructive feedback & so sick of that person who is just a wise a** & is just trolling cause that’s most of the KIDS in here
This discussion has been closed.