**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who was your first Rank 2 6 Star and is Hulkbuster a good choice for me?

Progression Goal: complete Act 6, explore Variant 5 and 1.

I have no rank 2 6 stars yet.

5/65 roster:

Fury
Quake
Aegon
Red Mags
Doom
Magik
Warlock
AA
Thing
Sentinel
VtD

I don’t run suicides

Any advice is appreciated- I’m considering just waiting for an incinerate immune champion but my iso is expiring and I know unawakened Hulkbuster (while not the best) is still pretty good.

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    @Mcdonalds you are invited yet again.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Honestly I don’t see that he gets in your team much for act 6 completion based on what you already have.
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★

I personally really don't like Hulkbuster or his playstyle, so take that into account. I don't think he's a solid choice for endgame content, especially for later act 6. Requires a very specific playstyle that can fail regularly, the ability to have buffs, and the opponent to be able to have debuffs.

Your 5/65 roster is pretty good, so I wouldn't just rush into a R2 6* for the sake of it. I personally don't think Hulkbuster will add anything useful to your roster. If you happen to enjoy Hulkbuster a lot and that's why you want to rank him, then that's another matter and you should go for it.

Do you have any other 6* options to go to R2 or any 5* options to go to R5?

@TheLegend27
    @Berjibs
    My other options are for 6 star rank 2 would be:

Unawakened Fury
    Heimdal

My options for 5/65 would be:

SE Spiderman
    Voodoo
    Iceman
    Omega (unawakened)
    Starlord
    She-Hulk
    Where are you in act 6?

Personally of your list I found shehulk the most useful in act 6 completion (at r4) as she took care of a few tricky bosses like champion and adaptoid, she can do mordo, I’m also using her a lot in exploration and she’s now at r5. Zero regrets there.

I do love using her though so will sway that opinion. I guess stealthy can somewhat do the same job although lacks her immunity.

On my mini I use voodoo a lot at r5 but yet to reach 6.3 so cant say 100% how useful he will be beyond that but his power control is always a welcome addition. I’m pretty sure he could clear the whole easy cosmic path to GM, certainly at 6.2.6 he is clearing majority of whole paths for me so I can focus on bringing counters for the tricky fights. I’m assuming yours is duped?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Killmonger was my first, didn’t regret it, if you enjoy hulkbuster go for it, I’m not a fan of his playstyle so I probably wouldn’t, but he is a great champ
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    Berjibs said:

Where are you in act 6?

Personally of your list I found shehulk the most useful in act 6 completion (at r4) as she took care of a few tricky bosses like champion and adaptoid, she can do mordo, I’m also using her a lot in exploration and she’s now at r5. Zero regrets there.

I do love using her though so will sway that opinion. I guess stealthy can somewhat do the same job although lacks her immunity.

On my mini I use voodoo a lot at r5 but yet to reach 6.3 so cant say 100% how useful he will be beyond that but his power control is always a welcome addition. I’m pretty sure he could clear the whole easy cosmic path to GM, certainly at 6.2.6 he is clearing majority of whole paths for me so I can focus on bringing counters for the tricky fights. I’m assuming yours is duped?

@Berjibs

Yes, Voodoo is duped.
    I’ve ranked She-Hulk to rank 4 solely because of the YouTubers I trust saying she’s legit. However, I’m still not sold on her playstyle (as her furies seem to always create anxiety and a forced aggression that is not typically how I like to play). Still, I see the clear utility of her easily accsssible slow debuff.

As to progression, I’m on 6.2.5 but I’ve been doing unit-less runs so it’s slow and steady. I honestly could probably complete Act 6 this weekend if I had the time and desire. However, I’m saving my units for Cyber Weekend (hoping I’m not screwed because I won’t have the Thronebreaker title).
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    R2 unduped Ghost 6* on mini
    R2 unduped Domino 6* on main

Conclusion: No Regrets!
    I think the key with her to keep the furies up is to change the way you combo maybe. Personally I only take my opponent over a bar of power by using either a heavy or a special. This nearly always prompts them to then throw the special after they get up, especially with the fury/taunt mechanism and again having them in the corner helps even more. Also if you need the slow, using this technique means you are throwing enough heavies that you barely have to pay attention to the slow timer refreshing.

Both the boss fights I mention the opponent is so aggressive you would barely have to change your playstyle and I would say anyway ignore the furies in those instances and just focus on the mechanics of the fight itself as there’s enough to think about.

Maybe you use doom for the champion anyway, probably easier after nerf being able to block through last 10% phase.

@Mcord117 nice I just pulled MF and looking to use that synergy w/shulk on mordo and adaptoid exploration.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

@Mcdonalds you are invited yet again.

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Duped 6* Luke Cage.

If you like HB and play him well, go for it. I don’t use my 5*, and I prefer immunity champs at R2 if possible (others are Havok and depending on next week’s 6* pull, CMM and Warlock plus either Domino or Elsa).

But HB is a terrific power drainer and shock champ. If he fills a niche, R2 could be the right move.

Dr. Zola
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Mcdonalds said:

DrZola said:

Duped 6* Luke Cage.

If you like HB and play him well, go for it. I don’t use my 5*, and I prefer immunity champs at R2 if possible (others are Havok and depending on next week’s 6* pull, CMM and Warlock plus either Domino or Elsa).

But HB is a terrific power drainer and shock champ. If he fills a niche, R2 could be the right move.

Dr. Zola

At low health with sasquatch synergy he does have poison and bleed full resistance at low health, but probably not worth it
    Right. I’m not saying he isn’t a ton better, but for a first R2 I’d prefer more immunity.

Dr. Zola
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    Mine was rulk, hb is a decent option. If you like him, go for it
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    My first (and so far only) R2 6* champ is CAIW.

I'm at a similar point to you; and am largely focusing on R5 5*s, and you probably should be too.

Don't rank up just because your Iso is expiring: just sell it. I can't use the stuff fast enough anyway.

If you really want to rank someone, then I'd go with She-Hulk. She's great.
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    My first R2 6* was BWDO, no regrets she’s awesome and fun. Just rank whoever you want at this point, with the R3 restrictions it’ll be better that way.
  • Hoodie25Hoodie25 Posts: 312 ★★★
    I’ve got a 6 star r2 Hulkbuster and don’t regret it taking him up. There’s sometimes a chance that the heavy cycle in the corner fails bc you are too close to your opponent or the heavy doesn’t reach far enough, but with fury and Quake on the team the evade charges are more than enough to make the playstyle safe. I also found that he was pretty helpful in act 6, the power burn is useful in a wide variety of matchups, and with his armor ups and shock debuffs (which not many characters are immune to), he excels against some very annoying defenders - havok, for example. And then there’s just the raw damage - he can seriously melt opponents once he’s in his rotation. It’s true that there are some niche requirements in act 6 and he doesn’t have many immunities, but I still managed to use him quite a bit in my initial clear, all the way through 6.4. Furthermore, the dev team has said that they are trying to move away from those kinds of requirements moving forward, so as more endgame content comes out Hulkbuster should likely be pretty viable in most of it. It does ultimately come down to how comfortable you are with the character and how much you like his playstyle, but he’s definitely a good option if you should choose to rank him up.