**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Update to Solo Events

Comments

• battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    Tbonne said:

Why has the opening of any hero crystal been taken out of the combat and level up event ?
    If u do not what people to stock pile crystals give them an incentive to open them.

Crystal opening was never in level up (22 hour) event. As for 7 hour combat it was removed as a way to score points, but they added a "finisher" as another way to score, I do believe crystal opening is still going to be in Class Advancement scoring as Kabam didn't say otherwise, but there hasn't been one since the change.

In the past for 7 hour events there were
    6 class combat events
    6 class arena events
    6 class advancement events

This is speculation, but an educated guess that there are now at least 18 or more class combat events (sp1 version, sp2 version and medium ending version have been revealed so far. Lets assume for arguments sake there is also light attack finisher and sp3 finisher. If correct, the number of events will look like this:

30 class combat events (5 different finisher per class)
    6 class arena events
    6 class advancement events

This would explain the high concentration of combat events in the first 7 events since release and explain why there have been 2 science and 2 skill combat events already.

I wonder if Kabam will confirm this?
  • While the new 7-he Class Combat events now have different “finishing kill” bonus's, I don’t think that will count as having 5 times as many base potential choices for “Combat” as to what event is randomly chosen.

I would assume (either) the choice is still 1/3 between Arena, Combat, Advancement (with then a 1/6th secondary choice of which Class). -or- 18 different choices (up to that point, but really doesn’t matter which of those first 2 ways)....

**and then** if a Combat is selected, an additional random choice is done to select which special “finishing kill” is involved.

At least, that's probably how it should be.

Must say, I love the addition of “finishing kill” to the event (like they had done with some special events in the past”.
    Adds variety to your fights, like a “game within a game”.
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★

At least, that's probably how it should be.

”.

I agree with that.

Historically, for the 7 hour event, it was rng with the last 6 events selected ineligible to be the next one. Based on the fact skill and science were chosen in 4 of the first 5 events, I don't think it IS being done the way that we both agree it should be....
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    Mostly happy with these changes, but really annoyed that I'm getting arena boosts so much still. I hate them and barely use them. I would rather have 2 and 3 star sig stones or ISO instead of these. Just personal preference but a step in the right direction with this at least.
  • McCloud33McCloud33 Posts: 43
    So with the new addition of the Throne Breaker progression level, will there be additional rewards to what is shown here? @Kabam Miike
  • Fantasy_91Fantasy_91 Posts: 243
    RIP duel credits. They make it easier to duel by launching the permanent duel targets. And give us plenty of objectives that most complete by dueling. But now its required to spend units instead of quickly farming a few duel credits if you don't stay caught up and already used your 5 freebie duels that day.
  • DERADERA Posts: 14
    How about solo and greater solo fragments? U combined theme. I lost my fragments
  • TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    I'm really enjoying the boost in rewards. I got some t5 basic fragments from the superior crystal too. But what I like most is that we can get 2 sig stones a day, plus some t5 basic and t2 alpha.
  • DragonHawkDragonHawk Posts: 2
    Will there be class advancement 7h solo events?
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    McCloud33 said:

So with the new addition of the Throne Breaker progression level, will there be additional rewards to what is shown here? @Kabam Miike

6* sig stone pls 😅
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I just want to thank Kabam on the change. Surprising I don't have Doom or Silver Surfer maxed out so they can still impact my prestige. This will help me emmensely so I wanted to say thanks for keeping your promise on giving us more access to 5 star sig stones. It is a complete game changer for all of us who haven't 100% abyss or don't have 5 star doom and Silver surfer.
  • rivetrivet Posts: 254
    Not just you, I find it wierd that we have not seen one yet, hope it is not being eliminated
    kenadroid said:

Is it just me or is it that I haven't seen a 7 hour class advancement event yet?

• LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    rivet said:

Not just you, I find it wierd that we have not seen one yet, hope it is not being eliminated

Agreed, personally I think the 22hr Level Up event is enough. Let the 7hr solos be more oriented around the fighting aspect. I'm sure it's just some Kabam RNG and we will see the Class Adv 7hr solos at some point.

So far 7 Combat and 4 Arena 7hr solos have been offered.

• OllyoxenfreeOllyoxenfree Posts: 248
    Ken1378 said:

So, have the 7hr Class Advancement events been removed?

Exactly what I came here to find out. 4 days since solo change and not a single class advancement 7 hour solo.
  • JediJones77JediJones77 Posts: 149
    edited September 2020
    Me too. This is not normal. The Class Advancements are not running anymore either by Kabam's intention or by error.

Definitely worried that they've been ended. The worst aspect of this change is that they took away crystal openings from giving points in combat events. They may have decided they don't want to give any award for crystal openings anymore, which would mean Advancement events have to go.
  • QQBillQQBill Posts: 13
    edited September 2020
    It might actually be good for Class Advancement events to be eliminated — it can be kind of annoying to have everything you need to improve a key champion or open up a crystal for some star rating that you don’t have much of and then have to choose between either waiting around for an event to get some prizes (that were never that great really) and acting right away in order to be able to complete the content that is next on your agenda (but then missing out on some prizes, even not-so-great ones). It is not like they are being replaced with nothing — they are being replaced with more fighting events which are also nice. There is still some pressure to wait to improve your roster because there are still Level Up events, but there is just a lot less.

I still find this situation frustrating though because there is no announcement either way.
  • Space_gooSpace_goo Posts: 127
    Checked alt account, not cav, and has class adv

Feels nice to pop xtals wanton
  • stillyldstillyld Posts: 5
    Has anyone noticed with all the daily challenge changes with rewards, not one advancement challenge has popped up .. Did Kabam get rid of those or are they in process of updating those too?
  • pigupompompigupompom Posts: 110

rivet said:

Agreed, personally I think the 22hr Level Up event is enough. Let the 7hr solos be more oriented around the fighting aspect. I'm sure it's just some Kabam RNG and we will see the Class Adv 7hr solos at some point.

are u aware that 7 hours can also means quality sleep for people who have OCD issues? These people will try to complete every single quest because it irritates them in a way not many would understand.

Quality of life is one aspect the game developer have to consider giving to the player. We cannot assume everyone is the same as ourself.

Bring back the rank up solo that obviously removed by them on trial to see the players responses. They asked us to keep our discussion in line without giving us information and feedback is unacceptable and hypocritical.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

rivet said:

are u aware that 7 hours can also means quality sleep for people who have OCD issues? These people will try to complete every single quest because it irritates them in a way not many would understand.

Quality of life is one aspect the game developer have to consider giving to the player. We cannot assume everyone is the same as ourself.

Bring back the rank up solo that obviously removed by them on trial to see the players responses. They asked us to keep our discussion in line without giving us information and feedback is unacceptable and hypocritical.
    As someone with Clinical OCD, the game is not responsible for my disorder, and I find it off-putting when people use that as a justification for content. The Events haven't even cycled through yet so we don't know what's coming or not. There's been no note of a removal, so I think it's best not to assume. In any case, we'll survive.
  • Superc9 said:

Since duel credits are gone, are you going to remove the unit cost?

Funny how lot of ppl used to ask why did we even still had Duel Credit items after Duels Event was removed a while back. Now everyone wants to keep Duel Credits in game, lol.

Making 0-cost infinite duels would allow infinite Hero Use or Combat (including Ally 3-day category events) points.
    So if they remove the limits, then the Events should remove Duels from counting for points, making them only good for practice or daily Targets.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Superc9 said:

Since duel credits are gone, are you going to remove the unit cost?

Funny how lot of ppl used to ask why did we even still had Duel Credit items after Duels Event was removed a while back. Now everyone wants to keep Duel Credits in game, lol.

Making 0-cost infinite duels would allow infinite Hero Use or Combat (including Ally 3-day category events) points.
    So if they remove the limits, then the Events should remove Duels from counting for points, making them only good for practice or daily Targets.
    And then the duel stats shown on a summoner profile should probably be removed as well, because it would become irrelevant.