**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why must i download 500mb of data everytime i launch my game now???????

RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
I thought i only had to go through his once. ff1hfqwvqbn8.png

Comments

• RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    This is gonna cause some serious problems when AW + AQ are up...and arena as well. Tf!!
  • AEG93AEG93 Posts: 69
    It's been happening to me since I downloaded 15.1 too, it takes forever to enter the game
    Well i don't have the patience for this BS
  • Yea same here, it's happened 2 times before also and now again and kabam hasn't even spoke a word about it. It's pissing me off and kabam really needs to give a good explanation, these sort of things is why people don't like you kabam!!
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Im not able to do this with the built in optimizer that came with my Samsung phone. I never had this issue unti now.
  • Raa wrote: »
    Im not able to do this with the built in optimizer that came with my Samsung phone. I never had this issue unti now.

Have a samsung s8 myself. Not happening to me. Must be some setting.
  • GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 137
    First time it ever happened to me was with this new download. So far only happened on the first opening...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    An example would be CCleaner, or in this case, Smart Manager. It automatically clears the unused data to optimize. The data it clears is downloaded again.
    Only work around would be not optimizing my phone at all. This seems to be a way for kabam to reduce on hacking, otherwise it makes no sense.
    Gdawg56 wrote: »
    This is happening for me as well and i don't have anything that clears data. Makes the game a chore to play, having to wait 10+ minutes every time you open the app.

Don't clear your cache
    It went from being obb data to cache files
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    If you have an SD Card, move the App to that. It may help.
  • LurkerLurker Posts: 196
    This is ****. The game locks up, I have to use the Samsung app killer, and so I have to download 500+mb?!?! No way I am just "living with" the number of bugs in this game if it takes 10 min to restart @Kabam Miike
  • JahJah Posts: 6
    I am on iPhone. Ios 11.0.1 and 15.1 of mcoc. Never had this problem until the update today. Now this is the second time it’s asking me to download 500mb of some bs.
  • This will only occur if you are using an App or setting on your phone that is consistently cleaning the App data of the Game. If you are consistently seeing this download, please ensure that you exempt Marvel Contest of Champions from the list of Apps to constantly clear the data of.

never happen before new version update my phone setting remain the same.
  • Jah wrote: »
    I am on iPhone. Ios 11.0.1 and 15.1 of mcoc. Never had this problem until the update today. Now this is the second time it’s asking me to download 500mb of some bs.

Same here, Iphone 6, IOS 11.0.1 and 15.1 of MCOC, my ph storage is telling me I have 1.9GB of free space (16GB phone).

This has never happened previously and I very heavily rely on Mobile data and not Wifi, I cannot afford to have to download 1/2 a gig a couple times a day.

I have looked into App clearing as Miike suggested but I cant see anywhere where I can exempt any app let alone MCOC.

Any help on a way forward is very much appreciated.
  • LOVE MY IOS HAHA. But yeah if you would have read the patchnotes, you have been informed about that. Don't use these phone/app cleaners. Or deaktivate them/ exclude Mcoc.
  • But alas I’m not using any phone/app cleaners so I can’t see where or how to exclude mcoc from doing this
  • MunashMunash Posts: 21
    This will only occur if you are using an App or setting on your phone that is consistently cleaning the App data of the Game. If you are consistently seeing this download, please ensure that you exempt Marvel Contest of Champions from the list of Apps to constantly clear the data of.

Thanks Miike, but there is no setting to prevent this from happening on iOS.
    I’ll be damnned if this causes me to miss out on getting a 4* in arena. Not everyone lives in an area where WiFi is widely available or data is affordable. Of all the **** we’ve had to put up with from Kabam, this might be the one that actually causes me to quit if it does not get resolved soon.
  • Ani328igvl4y49.png

Anyone else getting this bug?
  • This will only occur if you are using an App or setting on your phone that is consistently cleaning the App data of the Game. If you are consistently seeing this download, please ensure that you exempt Marvel Contest of Champions from the list of Apps to constantly clear the data of.

how do u do that for an iphone
  • AnpucheliyanAnpucheliyan Posts: 69
    edited September 2017
    kevmike266 wrote: »
    This will only occur if you are using an App or setting on your phone that is consistently cleaning the App data of the Game. If you are consistently seeing this download, please ensure that you exempt Marvel Contest of Champions from the list of Apps to constantly clear the data of.

i have the build in security cleaner app on my OPPO F1s. but its not affecting mcoc on the past old versions. this is a definitely a bug from the game. every time i open mcoc it will download 500mb. not all country has a good and fast signal of internet. Please investigate and do not focus much on 1 solution about the cleaner.

P.S i disable the build in cache cleaner and antivirus of my phone. but still MCOC downloading 500mb.
    DIVYNE wrote: »
    Ani328igvl4y49.png

Anyone else getting this bug?

Game is just laggy, happens in inventory as well, click on a champs info and ur champs should appear.

Can you be more precise and tell us exactly which setting is "constantly clearing data" in our phones please?

How the hell can Kabam tell every single player what settings do this on their phones!! Literally millions of different devices. Its your device, you find the settings needed and sort it your self ffs