**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thanks for making Blade Skill

I was fully prepared to be triggered, some people don't realize that Blade isn't a magical vampire, he is a biological vampire, that got his powers after being bitten by Morbius, a pseudo-vampire. "Blade will be Mystic" was my biggest trigger of 2017

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    People expected him to be mystic due to his abilities (power gain) and mystic synergies.
  • NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    People expected him to be mystic due to his abilities (power gain) and mystic synergies.

i know, but a lot of people in live streams kept saying "He is a vampire and vampires are Mystic" not knowing that Blade was never cursed, nor bitten by a magical vampire
  • agreed, i can understand if he was mystic because he's a vampire and it's kabam. But Blade is a skill champ, glad they agreed
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    I thought blade was born a vampire due to his mom being bitten during childbirth.
  • NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    Raa wrote: »
    I thought blade was born a vampire due to his mom being bitten during childbirth.

He was born a vampire, thats why i said he is biologically a vampire, he just didnt have "all of their strengths, none of their weaknesses" until he was bitten by Morbius
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I had a feeling he might be. He is a Vampire, but he also combats them.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Skill makes the most sense, but I could understand mystic. I was still relieved when I saw he was skill because it's the mystic month of October. He seems ok. About par for the course as far as skills go, but he looks cool.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Yeah I would have been pissed too. Blade is not mystic. Skill was a good choice, though science would have made a lot of folk happy.
  • I knew he would be skill (although i was worried last night lol)... that being said.. they could have really triggered everyone and made him.. science lol. Blade requires a daily serum to remain fully human after all.

Imagine all the Green Goblin hate, science fan joy, and Blade fanatics anger that woulda come from that lol
    If they made Blade science, I think I would have quit.
  • Viper1987 wrote: »

My odds for the last week were 70% chance of skill... 25% mystic... 5% science. When I said that on youtube people were like "wtf" and then slowly started thinking it was possible lol
    Imac7065 wrote: »
    Viper1987 wrote: »

My odds for the last week were 70% chance of skill... 25% mystic... 5% science. When I said that on youtube people were like "wtf" and then slowly started thinking it was possible lol

I understand the incredibly low chance for him to be science, but not good enough lol. Skill or mystic, that's it.

I understand the incredibly low chance for him to be science, but not good enough lol. Skill or mystic, that's it.

On a similar note, Kabam has a prime opportunity to start a new trend with hybrid classes. I don't think it would make anything more complicated but would instead please a large group of players and remove the ambiguity of "why this class and not that class?"

On a similar note, Kabam has a prime opportunity to start a new trend with hybrid classes. I don't think it would make anything more complicated but would instead please a large group of players and remove the ambiguity of "why this class and not that class?"

Been a large topic on youtube streams.. Karnak is a "hybrid" but in rank up cats only. Here's a list of champs that should be multiple classes...

Falcon ... Tech / Skill
    Rocket.... Tech / Cosmic / Science
    GG.... Tech / Science
    Doc Oc ... Tech / Science
    Av.... Skill / Cosmic
    Quake... Skill / Cosmic (should NOT be in science lol)
    Deadpool... Mutant / Skill
    Phoenix... Mutant / Cosmic
    Yondu... Cosmic / Mystic (his arrow is like a sword not a tech device)
    Loki... Mystic / Cosmic
    Stark Spidey.... Tech / Science
    Cable... Mutant / Tech
    Nebula... Tech / Tech
    Punisher (both)... Tech / Skill
    Magik... Mystic / Mutant
    Superior IM... Cosmic / Tech
    Yellow Jacket ... Tech / Science
    Antman... Tech / Science
    SW... Mutant / Mystic
    Hawkeye ... Tech / Skill

Been a large topic on youtube streams.. Karnak is a "hybrid" but in rank up cats only. Here's a list of champs that should be multiple classes...

Falcon ... Tech / Skill
    GG.... Tech / Science
    Av.... Skill / Cosmic
    Loki... Mystic / Cosmic
    Cable... Mutant / Tech
    Nebula... Tech / Tech
    Magik... Mystic / Mutant
    Antman... Tech / Science
    SW... Mutant / Mystic
    Hawkeye ... Tech / Skill

Not all champs need to be a hybrid. I think it should really be limited to where it's an incredibly fine line between two classes. Could Rocket be science? Yes, but he fights with guns and gadgets, so pure tech makes sense. Hawkeye works as just a skill champ, since bows and arrows are simple. I know they are special arrows with effects, but I'm not sure. Just doesn't feel right. Not sure about Nebula being tech/tech as that might be repetitive (I know it's most likely a typo). Champs like Falcon, Phoenix, AM, and YJ I could definitely get behind being a hybrid.

P.S. Yondu is tech because he controls his Yaka arrow with a technological implant via his fin.
  • H3LLSHOW247H3LLSHOW247 Posts: 151
    edited September 2017
    I'm really excited to see that they actually chose to put him in MCOC especially when Halloween is coming up soon as well. I had a huge hunch that Blade would be a skill champ based off what I know about the character myself; there's nothing scientific or mystic about how he came to be.

Falcon ... Tech / Skill
    GG.... Tech / Science
    Av.... Skill / Cosmic
    Loki... Mystic / Cosmic
    Cable... Mutant / Tech
    Nebula... Tech / Tech
    Magik... Mystic / Mutant
    Antman... Tech / Science
    SW... Mutant / Mystic
    Hawkeye ... Tech / Skill

Not all champs need to be a hybrid. I think it should really be limited to where it's an incredibly fine line between two classes. Could Rocket be science? Yes, but he fights with guns and gadgets, so pure tech makes sense. Hawkeye works as just a skill champ, since bows and arrows are simple. I know they are special arrows with effects, but I'm not sure. Just doesn't feel right. Not sure about Nebula being tech/tech as that might be repetitive (I know it's most likely a typo). Champs like Falcon, Phoenix, AM, and YJ I could definitely get behind being a hybrid.

P.S. Yondu is tech because he controls his Yaka arrow with a technological implant via his fin.

1) Yondu is a mystical being in the comics .. he controls it with his mind
    2) Hawkeye doesn't have 'bows and arrows' and hasn't since like the 60's lol... every arrow he fires has some sort of tech weaponry on it.

Falcon ... Tech / Skill
    GG.... Tech / Science
    Av.... Skill / Cosmic
    Loki... Mystic / Cosmic
    Cable... Mutant / Tech
    Nebula... Tech / Tech
    Magik... Mystic / Mutant
    Antman... Tech / Science
    SW... Mutant / Mystic
    Hawkeye ... Tech / Skill

1) Yondu is a mystical being in the comics .. he controls it with his mind
    2) Hawkeye doesn't have 'bows and arrows' and hasn't since like the 60's lol... every arrow he fires has some sort of tech weaponry on it.

Yeah but Yondu in game is based on the MCU Yondu defined by his red fin. I mean I nevermind read about Yondu in the comics but MCOC Yondu seems based off the MCU.

Hawkeye I will give you. I know he has gadgety arrows. I don’t know why but tech just feels wrong for him lol.
  • I'm really excited to see that they actually chose to put him in MCOC especially when Halloween is coming up soon as well. I had a huge hunch that Blade would be a skill champ based off what I know about the character myself; there's nothing scientific or mystic about how he came to be.

Case for blade mystic... he's a vampire
    Case for blade science... he uses a serum to keep himself human and not desire blood
    I'm really excited to see that they actually chose to put him in MCOC especially when Halloween is coming up soon as well. I had a huge hunch that Blade would be a skill champ based off what I know about the character myself; there's nothing scientific or mystic about how he came to be.

Case for blade mystic... he's a vampire
    Case for blade science... he uses a serum to keep himself human and not desire blood

The science argument contributes nothing to his combat skills though. He uses swords and guns mainly and trained. He also has some powers from being a vampire. It’s not like the goblin formula for GG that basically gives him enhanced abilities.
    Look, you guys have NO SAY AT ALL which class belongs to whom. There is plenty of valid issues to complain about. You are reaching FAR when you complain about class choices. Most champ can belong in multiple classes so just chill with it and accept

Rude. Nothing wrong with a conversation. Just a discussion between mature adults.