Options

The cgr deep dive should be taken down

2»

Comments

• Options
    HI_guys said:

KerayZ said:

Hi. Kabam are basically false advertising. Thousands of people have seen false numbers and won't bother to check back and see if anything is changed. That's literally what's going on. Definitely send an IN-GAME mail apologizing to all the summoners for officially putting false numbers on the main marvel contest of champions page. If you sell something for monetary value it needs to be accurate and unfortunately this was just lazy. DEEP DIVE more like DEEP FAKE. We all appreciate Grounded Wisdoms usual responses(please quit the game again) but people with half a brain know better.

They aren't false numbers. There were changes made which makes them altered numbers. Kabam should either put a disclaimer in the deep dive or redo the video. It's looks as if the changes were recent as well.

They don't need to apologize, although communication about the changes in game would be good. Though editing the spotlight us good.
    They aren't true numbers.... which makes them, you guessed it... false.
    He's just trying to fight with semantics. Not much substance
    As always haha.
  • Options
    KerayZKerayZ Posts: 220 ★★★
    Djin said:

CGR's Deep Dive video is post nerf actually.
    You can compare the video to the spotlight.
    I think Kabam devs tweaked some numbers in-game but forgot to update the spotlight info.

K

Don't worry I cracked the case!

https://youtu.be/J9s_AHWMHlA
  • Options
    KerayZKerayZ Posts: 220 ★★★
    edited October 2020

yep nothing fake in there at all!
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    KerayZ said:

yep nothing fake in there at all!

Before the medium he had 1 Aptitude, 2 Cruelties, 1 Precision and 1 Fury. Also under Assassin Range.
    11 Armor break which is nearly -6000 armor rating.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,282 ★★★★★

I highly doubt they're going to take the video down.

I don’t think the OP is trying to argue the probabilistic likelihood of the video being taken down. He’s merely presenting his case for why he personally thinks it would be prudent to do so.
    The OP is implying that people are somehow being misguided when the Champion isn't even in circulation yet. Doesn't matter to me. It could easily be a matter of making an update note in the Description on YouTube. In any event, there's a couple weeks between now and when he's released, and I personally think it makes no sense to take the whole video down because there were adjustments before release.
    The OP is right since the champ they are advertising in the Deep Dive , the official channel of Kabam, no longer performs as such, and is misleading. Keeping such a video is unethical, as the product they will now sell is not as strong.
    Unethical? Child labor is unethical. Making a change before a Champ is released into the game is their job.
  • Options

I don’t think the OP is trying to argue the probabilistic likelihood of the video being taken down. He’s merely presenting his case for why he personally thinks it would be prudent to do so.
    The OP is implying that people are somehow being misguided when the Champion isn't even in circulation yet. Doesn't matter to me. It could easily be a matter of making an update note in the Description on YouTube. In any event, there's a couple weeks between now and when he's released, and I personally think it makes no sense to take the whole video down because there were adjustments before release.
    The OP is right since the champ they are advertising in the Deep Dive , the official channel of Kabam, no longer performs as such, and is misleading. Keeping such a video is unethical, as the product they will now sell is not as strong.
    Unethical? Child labor is unethical. Making a change before a Champ is released into the game is their job.
    What? are you dumb? Comparing a crime to something more heinous does not make it go away.
    "Hey I robbed a bank. but that cannot be a crime compared to the mass murderer, so I cannot be punished". Is that the way your logic works?

Child labor is more "unethical", but selling a product that does not work as advertised is unethical and fake.
    Try selling a product like that on Amazon and see the lawsuits slapped on you.
  • Options

What? are you dumb? Comparing a crime to something more heinous does not make it go away.
    "Hey I robbed a bank. but that cannot be a crime compared to the mass murderer, so I cannot be punished". Is that the way your logic works?

Child labor is more "unethical", but selling a product that does not work as advertised is unethical and fake.
    Read the Terms of Service.
  • Options

You should read it yourself. It says products are subject to change after release.
    CGR hasnt been released. His advert is falsely misleading, the final product is not what is advertised.. There you go, the critical difference.
  • Options

You should read it yourself. It says products are subject to change after release.
    CGR hasnt been released. His advert is falsely misleading, the final product is not what is advertised.. There you go, the critical difference.
    He's released now, and they can do whatever they want before that release. Good luck trying to make that argument hold up in court. It's their product.
  • Options

He's released now, and they can do whatever they want before that release. Good luck trying to make that argument hold up in court. It's their product.
    Again, they can change their product as they wish. But the fact that they advertised it misleadingly is unethical. I dont want to bang my head against a wall, trying to make a person who uses child labor as an argument to validate their statements, agree with me. It is wrong, their advert should be removed, or else, updated.
  • Options

Again, they can change their product as they wish. But the fact that they advertised it misleadingly is unethical. I dont want to bang my head against a wall, trying to make a person who uses child labor as an argument to validate their statements, agree with me. It is wrong, their advert should be removed, or else, updated.
    Advert? It's a preview on YouTube into his kit. That's not an advertisement.
  • Options

advertising
    SEE SYNONYMS FOR advertising ON THESAURUS.COM
    noun
    the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.:
    to get more customers by advertising.
  • Options

advertising
    noun
    the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.:
    Does it say, "Buy now!". No.
  • Options

advertising
    noun
    Refer to the definition, thank you.
  • Options

advertising
    noun
    I've read your definition. If you're talking about legalities, the details matter when it comes to Law. They have the right to modify their product in any way they see fit for the overall health of the game, and they certainly have the right to do that before it's released. A showcase on YouTube is not an advertisement that encourages people to go out and buy anything. Especially when it's been made weeks before the adjustment was posted and before the Champion is in circulation. In fact, making adjustments before Champs are sold is one of the things people have asked for ad nauseum. Pointing out the difference is fair enough. Implying there's some kind of legal obligation or liability involved is just obtuse.
  • Options
    DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 675 ★★★
    Yes it should otherwise it may simply seem as 'unethical'
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

advertising
    noun
    I've read your definition. If you're talking about legalities, the details matter when it comes to Law. They have the right to modify their product in any way they see fit for the overall health of the game, and they certainly have the right to do that before it's released. A showcase on YouTube is not an advertisement that encourages people to go out and buy anything. Especially when it's been made weeks before the adjustment was posted and before the Champion is in circulation. In fact, making adjustments before Champs are sold is one of the things people have asked for ad nauseum. Pointing out the difference is fair enough. Implying there's some kind of legal obligation or liability involved is just obtuse.
    Genuine question. Do you plan to /are taking a course in logical fallacies? Like trying to see whether people can figure it out?

Every single argument you have divulges so far out into the extreme of god knows where.
    When people imply the company is breaking some kind of law by adjusting their own product before they release it into the public, I'm going to challenge that.
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

advertising
    noun
    Genuine question. Do you plan to /are taking a course in logical fallacies? Like trying to see whether people can figure it out?

Every single argument you have divulges so far out into the extreme of god knows where.
    When people imply the company is breaking some kind of law by adjusting their own product before they release it into the public, I'm going to challenge that.
    Lol. Nobody said that. Please stop making your own thing and fighting with that aka strawman.

The problem people have is with the deep dive (which for you supposedly is not a promotion of the champ) . It is downright false advertising.

That is the only problem.

Now if you won't accept that deep dives are advertisements then just stop. You can't be convinced and neither are we wrong

• Options
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

advertising
    noun

Lol. Nobody said that. Please stop making your own thing and fighting with that aka strawman.

The problem people have is with the deep dive (which for you supposedly is not a promotion of the champ) . It is downright false advertising.

Now if you won't accept that deep dives are advertisements then just stop. You can't be convinced and neither are we wrong

Sure. I can also read the Spotlight on here.
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

advertising
    noun

He cant. That's why i usually have him on ignore.
  • Options
    This entire situation is absolutely being blown out of proportion.

The deep dive is a 10-minute video that is meant to showcase CGR's animations, optimal rotations (multiple), extensive list of abilities/utility, and more. It also took dozens of hours to put together.

The only inaccuracy you'll be seeing is a slightly larger yellow number than is currently available with the live version of the Character - and that adjustment is not a secret.

The deep dive was made/edited, the CCP then received the champion - and we all thought he was WAY too overpowered. I believe my first piece of feedback was: "What The Absolute F$#%."
    I can promise you, it is 10x better for the adjustment to happen BEFORE the champion is released as opposed to after.

Instead of 300k basic combos after 30 seconds of ramp up, he can now do 180k basic combos.
    Nerf is a very powerful word, IMO.
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,151 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020

This entire situation is absolutely being blown out of proportion.

The deep dive is a 10-minute video that is meant to showcase CGR's animations, optimal rotations (multiple), extensive list of abilities/utility, and more. It also took dozens of hours to put together.

The only inaccuracy you'll be seeing is a slightly larger yellow number than is currently available with the live version of the Character - and that adjustment is not a secret.

The deep dive was made/edited, the CCP then received the champion - and we all thought he was WAY too overpowered. I believe my first piece of feedback was: "What The Absolute F$#%."
    I can promise you, it is 10x better for the adjustment to happen BEFORE the champion is released as opposed to after.

Instead of 300k basic combos after 30 seconds of ramp up, he can now do 180k basic combos.
    Nerf is a very powerful word, IMO.

They tuned him down, which is a nerf.
  • Options

Screenshots from deep dive and updated spotlight.
    Green numbers are slightly higher in Deep dive because it's a 6*r3. The spotlight stats are 5*r5.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Power Lock, Cruelty and Precision duration shown in deep dive video is same as the updated spotlight.
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,018 ★★★★★