**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

FEATURED CRYSTALS - A BAD JOKE

Not to get in to the whole discussion about 1 to 6 star champions that u need to reacquire and level instead of simply leveling from 1* to 6* the heroes you like and want to invest in them like in the other Netmarble Marvel game ,Future Fight but the actual system sucks big time. We invest a lot of time and resources in to heroes that are soon to become obsolete with the introduction of the new 6 star champs and still we have to face the rigged shameless scam that the featured system is . I'm siting at 12-0 featured now after 2 failed Mephisto openings last night . Not once have i got the featured or the subfeatured ,only useless basics. I'm a 515k summoner and no matter how much i play or pay i can't advance any more in this lame game because of this unfair "luck based " featured system . I have almost all 4s and 22 5s some close to 200 sig yet i can't get a new , decent 5 star . I lost all interest in the game and will move to Future Fight because you can't introduce a fair system in which you get what you worked for . Sorry about wasting 2 years playing this

Comments

• NyaleNyale Posts: 136
    At least Kingpin is subfeatured and decent , Drax is good 2 ,i got Rocket which although is half damage as Hyperion ,Star Lord , AA ,GP Stark Spidey still after all updates has half of their life for no reason . Rest of the 4 are Kabam's spit in your face basically
  • FabiFabi Posts: 64
    Nyale wrote: »
    At least Kingpin is subfeatured and decent , Drax is good 2 ,i got Rocket which although is half damage as Hyperion ,Star Lord , AA ,GP Stark Spidey still after all updates has half of their life for no reason . Rest of the 4 are Kabam's spit in your face basically

I got 2 skill champs on r4 and don't want use my universal AG for a kingping, his Prestige is a bit low
    Drax Prestige sucks...so no options for my 5th r4
  • Luke cage, groot and she hulk here..completely demoralizing
  • Oh mine were 5* features
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Got 4*medusa 3*mephaesto from 750 featured. Most of my luck comes from 750 pack. Last time got 4* and 3* kingpin.
  • MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 144
    You should know there are other ways to get more 4* since you played for two years already, other than this "gambling" crystal, right?
    We were talking about the featured 5* which cost a dear 15k 5* shards .For example in total i lost 12x5 k =60k or 6 basic 5 for nothing . The featured 5 should guarantee the featured hero for double the price of basics .Speaking of the featured 4* since now the grandmaster gives a 3 * with a chance for 4* and 5* for 200 units the featured 4 should give a guaranteed 3* with a chance at the featured 4* or the subfeatured 4* while the premium crystal should cost only 75 units and give basic 3s with a rare chance at 4s
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    In my ally 4 of us got him as 5* prob 7 times for 12 tries.

• Stop crying you want something for nothing. You gambled and lost. You knew the odds going In. Now your mad you lost. Hilarious
    15k 5s shards is not nothing and my point is we don't need a lottery , we want to get the champ we were saving for . It's not like the game will be made 2 easy if everyone with shards will get an iceman 5 for example . You still need t2a to r4 him and no hero is an automatic win in lol .Plus the second good 5s will become available to the masses Kabam will release the 6* with huge challenger rating and the 5* will suck
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    We were talking about the featured 5* which cost a dear 15k 5* shards .For example in total i lost 12x5 k =60k or 6 basic 5 for nothing . The featured 5 should guarantee the featured hero for double the price of basics .Speaking of the featured 4* since now the grandmaster gives a 3 * with a chance for 4* and 5* for 200 units the featured 4 should give a guaranteed 3* with a chance at the featured 4* or the subfeatured 4* while the premium crystal should cost only 75 units and give basic 3s with a rare chance at 4s

This is a candidate for the absolutely dumbest thing ever written on the forums. Would (obviously) completely destroy the game and make the entire game completely and utterly pointless. If you hate it so much that you want to destroy it, just quiz. (Specifically the bolded part is what i'm talking about)
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    15k 5s shards is not nothing and my point is we don't need a lottery , we want to get the champ we were saving for . It's not like the game will be made 2 easy if everyone with shards will get an iceman 5 for example . You still need t2a to r4 him and no hero is an automatic win in lol .Plus the second good 5s will become available to the masses Kabam will release the 6* with huge challenger rating and the 5* will suck

I like to get the champs I try for, but how would war be if the dorm 5* and iceman 5* had 100% drop rate? It wouldn't work within the system that exists.
  • Featured 5* crystals are not a guarantee. They are high risk, high reward. 0 for 12 is awful luck, but that comes with the risk. Your rant is long enough, so you are well enough aware that 6* champs are coming and that all featured 5*s will eventually make it into the crystals. Kabam isn't to blame for your bad luck. I've missed my fair share of featured champs as well, so i know the frustration, but i accept it because i knew the risk going in, just like you. Stop going for featured crystals or learn to accept it and not cry about it your loss. Good luck.
  • danielmath wrote: »

This is a candidate for the absolutely dumbest thing ever written on the forums. Would (obviously) completely destroy the game and make the entire game completely and utterly pointless. If you hate it so much that you want to destroy it, just quiz. (Specifically the bolded part is what i'm talking about)

I wouldn't go that far, but the fact is that most players just don't really appreciate the fact that there is a wide range of players out there earning a wide range of resources and a game must give all of them something to do. If the game allows you to get X, it must create a Y that is even better for the players that vastly out earn you to go after, that you obviously aren't going to be able to easily get. I'm a reasonably good upper mid-tier player that has nine 5* champs, two awakened. That's eleven pulls. Three were featured pulls. So my total 5* burn to date is 8 * 10k + 3 * 15k = 125k. I'm currently sitting on about 25k. So I've generated about 150k 5* fragments over time. If featured 5* champs were guaranteed for 20k (twice the basic cost) that means a player like me could have seven of them. More to the point, I could have three duplicated 5* featured champs. Which means any player like me or better could be sitting on something like Iceman, Voodoo, Hyperion all awakened (or whatever). And I'd have 30k fragments left over to shoot for the next fully awakened 5* featured champ.

If a player like me can have a fully awakened set of top tier 5* champs, the players way above me have to have something to aim for that is an order of magnitude better than that. They should be building whole rosters of 6* champs by now. And we'd still be here with people complaining about the fact that they can't get those 6* champs as fast as they would like.

There's always going to be something you can't earn as fast as you would like. That's the entire goal of designing a game built around collecting things. If you can't psychologically deal with that fact, I'd recommend staying away from collecting-based games.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    OP: That's fair. If you don't like the gambling aspect of crystal opening, then it makes sense to stop playing. We really appreciate the post letting us know.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    We have a guy who's 0/21 so don't sweat it
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    It is all luck mate I'm currently 8 for 13 on feature 5 I'm happy as with my odds. A guy in my alliance is 0 for 24.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    Champs should not be guaranteed or the game would not be as balanced. However, I do agree that a "pity" crystal is not a bad idea for people who have a really bad streak on the 5* crystal. It's completely demoralizing and crushing to go 0/20. Maybe they can make it so if you go 0/10 or 0/15 or whatever, then you get either a higher chance on next crystal (e.g.50%) or something. But only for the 5* featured crystal and only for a really, really bad streak.
  • rozerosrozeros Posts: 39
    There is something really strange about those mephisto 5* crystals. Easilly in my alliance we opened around 20 of them and just 1 (!!!!) 5* mephisto. Ive openes 4 and ended up with pure dissapoinment
  • Kabam could change the formula so that the percentage of getting a featured increases for each of the featured crystals you purchased in a single batch instead of having it RNG every time. Buy 1, it’s a 15% chance. Buy 2, it’s 30%. Buy 3, it’s 50%. Use some formula that if you’re willing to use up 90k shards (6 featured) the percentage is high. Doesn’t carry over to next hero available. Percentage gets reset after you’ve gotten them (addresses the “easy dupe” concern) and lets you “gamble” on the ones you really want. Really want Iceman, then spend 105k shards and you’ll more than likely get him. Kabam needs to change the probability from discrete events to dependent events
  • Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    I bought grandmaster nd got 5* starlord.looks like gmc are better than feautured 5* crystals xD
  • rozeros wrote: »
    There is something really strange about those mephisto 5* crystals. Easilly in my alliance we opened around 20 of them and just 1 (!!!!) 5* mephisto. Ive openes 4 and ended up with pure dissapoinment

If the odds of pulling the featured are about one in five, out of all the alliances that collectively opened at least twenty crystals about one in every seventeen would get only one featured in the first twenty pulls.
  • PjnikoPjniko Posts: 3
    I don't think it is unreasonable for people saving 15k in 5* shards to have a much better chance to get the featured champ. Many of us have our favorites and it is more fun playing the game with the champs you prefer. For some of us, it is more important having the team you want, than how high they are rated. It doesn't hurt the "competitive balance" of the game for players to have more of the champs they like, as the same effort and expense has to be put out, and the rankings don't make one or two heroes world beaters over the others.
    Doesn't seem to be any bending by Kabam in the direction to improve the odds on the featured hero crystals so....? Either have to go for lower-* versions of the hero,and be happy with that, or spend a bucketload of money on crystals with no guarantee, OR quit the game!

Personally, I feel that the introduction of 6* seems to negate all the effort and expense it took to max my 4* s and rank up my 5* s. I have stopped spending my money on the game and will not spend any more without seeing what I feel is fair value in return. If the chance to get 5* heroes increases significantly, and the ability to rank them up really improves , it would move toward keeping balance, but we will have to see. They are smart folks programming the game , but I don't know if they will be able to balance loss in value of our 2,3,4,5 * champs, by just increasing access to 5*. These days I play the game less, and am learning to be content with moving along at a slower pace. Best of luck and enjoyment to everyone playing this game!
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    Kabam is good at screwing us. Get used to it.
    LeftTurn suggestion is good , either way something should be made about the odds of getting the featured .It's bad design in the first place that some champs are way more desired than others based on how godly they are , this is a Marvel game and it sucks hard to have to pass on iconic characters from Marvel comics because the devs had made him/her unplayable bad and won't revise older released champs
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    1 for 26...two other guys in my alliance if you add them to mine we are 3 for 75..0 subfeatured
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I'm 0-11 on featured 5*s. Know a guy who is 0-22 and a guy who is 10-16. The 10-16 guy also regularly pulls 5* from GM crystals, featured 4* from the 150 unit crystals etc. Same accounts have been lucky and unlucky ever since I've been playing. I do well despite bad crystal luck. Just wish you could have an increased chance after missing so the same people don't keep missing over and over again.