**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fix to Freezing After Specials Issues

Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
So good news, it looks like they have a quick fix to the freezing issues that occur after using specials:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/24635/resolved-issues-dashing-blocking-or-taking-other-actions-after-using-a-special-attack#latest

If this works, I have to say this is the quickest turn around for our benefit. I look forward to it.

Comments

• Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    I agree. Good job.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Well, yes. Some issues are easier to pinpoint than others. Some can also be done server side. My suspicion is that the new Update Feature will allow things to be pushed somewhat faster. Typically, major issues need to be worked into a Build. That is taxing because they have to be arranged through Apple or Android. Whereas if something is able to push without integrating it into the Build, it will be easier to send directly in-game. Some issues still have to be integrated into the Build, and some are still being worked on, I'm sure. That's my thought anyway.
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    Well, yes. Some issues are easier to pinpoint than others. Some can also be done server side. My suspicion is that the new Update Feature will allow things to be pushed somewhat faster. Typically, major issues need to be worked into a Build. That is taxing because they have to be arranged through Apple or Android. Whereas if something is able to push without integrating it into the Build, it will be easier to send directly in-game. Some issues still have to be integrated into the Build, and some are still being worked on, I'm sure. That's my thought anyway.

Where was this thought yesterday?
    NevvB wrote: »

Where was this thought yesterday?

Just thought of it actually. I was out all day and came on to the #### storm last night. Lol.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    They just created a new bug with the fix. Specials don't activate but power gets drained
    rwhack wrote: »
    They just created a new bug with the fix. Specials don't activate but power gets drained

That issue has been posted before the fix went live, hasn't it?
    no
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    I honestly haven’t had too many issues with being frozen completely. I couldn’t dash back but I was able to parry when they stood up and attacked. I would be interested to hear if this issue is fixed. At least to some degree for some people.
    no

It's been posted since July as far as I can see.
  • Respectfully, he pretty much said they expected it to happen.. Hence the contingency plan. And it still took this long. Glad it's gonna be (or is already) fixed but it's really just another proof of not properly testing.
    no

It's been posted since July as far as I can see.

no...new ones today. New video too.
    they started about noon today
    they started about noon today

Use the Search. It's been present for a while.
    Flagging my Posts for no reason really doesn't bother me. I'm pointing out the fact that it's been present for some for a while. Now, it could be popping up more, but a fix pushed doesn't bring more bugs.
  • Respectfully, since he said it was a one off type of bug, the fix could totally cause other unforeseen issues. That certainly isn't out of the question... Especially if a lot of users are just now noticing it... Which seems to be happening.
    edited September 2017
    It could also be coming to the surface after one issue was fixed because the underlying cause is more visible now that something else is resolved. There is a layering to these things. If the issue has been reported before, the chances of the fix causing it are not great. It's the Hydra Theory that is not very logical.
  • Honestly, this sounds extremely related to what ppl are seeing now @GroundedWisdom

"this was a knock on effect from a bug fix for players being able to accidentally cancel out of a Special Attack by dashing/blocking in the middle of a Special Attack"

It's kinda like they're being canceled out of a special
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Honestly, this sounds extremely related to what ppl are seeing now @GroundedWisdom

"this was a knock on effect from a bug fix for players being able to accidentally cancel out of a Special Attack by dashing/blocking in the middle of a Special Attack"

It's kinda like they're being canceled out of a special

Yes. The effect was caused by a fix for that issue. Removing the fix brings the old issue to the surface.
  • I kinda dunno if that reply is sarcastic or not. 4 posts ago, you said "a pushed fix doesn't bring more bugs" in what I took as a very matter of fact way.

Now you're saying it was caused by the fix in the same matter of fact way. Has kabam chimed in somewhere to confirm that and I missed it??
    chunkyb wrote: »
    I kinda dunno if that reply is sarcastic or not. 4 posts ago, you said "a pushed fix doesn't bring more bugs" in what I took as a very matter of fact way.

Now you're saying it was caused by the fix in the same matter of fact way. Has kabam chimed in somewhere to confirm that and I missed it??

An effect from a previous bug being resolved is not really a separate issue. It's part of the original problem. The fix needs to be reworked to not cause the subsequent effect. Just speaking technically. Not being sarcastic.
  • But... that's what I was explaining to you lol.
    What I'm pointing out is that the problem is a part of the original issue. It's not that fixing creates more problems. In this case, the fix was not able to resolve it completely. The hesitation is still part of the original issue. It's not that fixes create more problems. It's that some fixes need reworked. It's that the fix was unsuccessful. Not completely because Specials were activating. Just that the subsequent effect is a delay after Stun.
  • That's just a buncha words thrown together but nevertheless, I'm glad you agree with me, buddy. Let's get these folks fixing things properly now.

If they had enough foreknowledge of the issues they were releasing as a final product to have a contingency plan, the real fixes should be pretty simple to knock out with a quickness. Let's all get it done before the weekend kicks in. I'm here to help.
    I wasn't completely in agreeance because a side effect from a fix is not the same as creating a new bug.
    As for being easy, I'm afraid it's not as simple as people expect. These issues are complex. When they're rushed too quickly, the possibility of subsequent issues increases. It's impossible to test for every unforeseen issue. They would have to take the server down indefinitely and test continually. Then there would be no game running to play. The game is partly integrated into the servers we play on. When things go live, they come up. The misconception is that it's an easy solution that is not acted on. It is not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    So good news, it looks like they have a quick fix to the freezing issues that occur after using specials:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/24635/resolved-issues-dashing-blocking-or-taking-other-actions-after-using-a-special-attack#latest

If this works, I have to say this is the quickest turn around for our benefit. I look forward to it.

Glad that you're happy about the fix coming - we certainly are as well! We appreciate the kind words in this thread but already have a conversation going over in our bugs forum on this topic so going to shut 'er down for organization's sake. Thanks peeps!

~A
This discussion has been closed.