**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Will MEPHISTO be the next great AW BOSS?

HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
edited September 2017 in General Discussion

Will MEPHISTO be the next great AW BOSS? 66 votes

YES!!!
48%
DaMunkDL864MasterSmokeNevvBDHCVoLtEb0ny-O-M4wShynight00RaganatorToxinMillybearLariatRealStealDanny_DohyunadqqedfyvrVartoxCapAlvesUC439KyloCreeperThe_Prankster16MasterTroller42 32 votes
NO WAY.
22%
Claytonbdubbs2736CapWW2Wil6541zuffyunknownOsteotomebobbyifucy3beriusBUZZdog3000Samuel030svinniegainzcapt_doobsCurtleTurtleKamalaWantsToPlayToo 15 votes
Not if ICEMAN has anything to SAY about it.
18%
Stara99Alfa_PigeonDrOctavius2_2dbrascoSuperman69Darkmagic1991AlCapone2727MilkthewhaleszerogodsAnonymous346Hammerbro_64Tempest 12 votes
I STILL think the MYSTERY CHAMP is MORBIUS.
10%
SirnoobAxeCopFireTheMageHunterGreenstrokeNexus_UY_ScutiHzoriHuluhula 7 votes

Comments

• RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Maybe he would be good.

I just fought the master mode Mephisto and he did give me a bit of trouble with his 1000 dmg per tick 2x aura. Along with the fact that he can heal up to 60% health when he is reduced to 30% health (modified, and not base), he could be a very good champion if the enemy doesn't have effective counters to him.

That being said, he can be countered by incinerate immune champs like Iceman, and as for his last regeneration, can be countered by champs who negate the healing such as Civil Warrior, Magneto and Guillotine as a few examples (though, Guillotine's heal reverse would just stop the healing and not really damage him, since Mephisto can't take damage while regenerating)
  • Not if ICEMAN has anything to SAY about it.
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    Maybe he would be good.

I just fought the master mode Mephisto and he did give me a bit of trouble with his 1000 dmg per tick 2x aura. Along with the fact that he can heal up to 60% health when he is reduced to 30% health (modified, and not base), he could be a very good champion if the enemy doesn't have effective counters to him.

That being said, he can be countered by incinerate immune champs like Iceman, and as for his last regeneration, can be countered by champs who negate the healing such as Civil Warrior, Magneto and Guillotine as a few examples (though, Guillotine's heal reverse would just stop the healing and not really damage him, since Mephisto can't take damage while regenerating)

If Mephisto regens based of modifed health in AW that goes completely against the change that Kabam made to AW. Has this actually been confirmed anywhere? I've only fought the heroic verison of him where he has a little 50% health boost so hard for me to tell. Why would Kabam suddenly make an exception in AW to allow this to guy to heal on modified health, makes no sense to me.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Morbius is cool and would fit the monthly event, but why do you think there's a 4th champ for this event?
  • DHCVoLtDHCVoLt Posts: 266
    edited September 2017
    YES!!!
    It’s not morbius lmao. He doesn’t fit alphabetically. It’s mighty Thor, Hela, and Gladiator hulk for November. That’ll finish the calendar
  • YES!!!
    Iceman isn't even a great AW boss... I've seen people almost solo him in Tier 1 AW... and that's when he first came out.. Now, I never see him as boss... and there's a reason for that
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    NO WAY.
    Last war R4 aw boss he got 7 kills. My r4 juggs got more than that. He is good but his Regen is not as good as master mode because of modified on base health.
  • SuperFarzSuperFarz Posts: 166
    Iceman isn't even a great AW boss... I've seen people almost solo him in Tier 1 AW... and that's when he first came out.. Now, I never see him as boss... and there's a reason for that

Anyone with a sense of skill degree understands he doesn't talk about putting Iceman as defense (AW Boss ) but talks about Iceman shutting him down offense wise. But hey you're just an average player.
  • HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
    Morbius is cool and would fit the monthly event, but why do you think there's a 4th champ for this event?

I say I say it's a Joke!!
    gp2kgmhje6b0.jpg
    So, apparently he is the Greatest Boss in the History of bosses because his Regen is based upon BOOSTED HEALTH.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gSx__mj4dM

I mean... so far I would say he's pretty broken, considering his regen is based on his current health, not his base health.
    Guess it depends on which side of the War ur on.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    Maybe he would be good.

If Mephisto regens based of modifed health in AW that goes completely against the change that Kabam made to AW. Has this actually been confirmed anywhere? I've only fought the heroic verison of him where he has a little 50% health boost so hard for me to tell. Why would Kabam suddenly make an exception in AW to allow this to guy to heal on modified health, makes no sense to me.

Yea the regen is based on modified health because it is in percentage. It's been confirmed (not by a mod, but by the video above me)
    So, that cutoff in arena may have just moved up a bit.