Options

AW! Where the wallet is > the skill!

ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
So my alliance just finished a war and i would like to say that i am pretty proud of how well we did. Not only did we get get 100% exploration but we got 3 bg clears too and we barely spent at all. The other alliance on the other hand had some trouble but managed to get 99% exploration and one boss kill. Lucky for us the other alliance was willing to spend! We had the pleasure of watching them revive again and again as they chipped away at and finally managed to kill 2 more of our bosses. Guess who won, not us! Woohoo. Get rid of defender kills and replace it with diversity! Great idea! Don't even ask the player base about it! Another great idea! Wait...we should reduce the difficulty of nodes too you say? sure thing right away! AW used to be my favorite part of the game. you couldn't just pay to win and it actually challenged you to do better. Why did you change this!!!! This is such bull. it isn't fair that we should be losing to alliances that are mush weaker and less skilled than us simply because they used more bad champs on defense and had a bigger wallet. its about time that alliance war was fixed! Please reduce the item cap or bring back defender kills! I am really sick of these alliance war changes and something needs to change. Kabam, you may have made a mistake with this but it can be fixed! Come up with a smart, effective solution and talk to us about it, please!

9jat9x7q5s2u.png

jh0m4v9rfe1e.png

929hjnf406up.png

Comments

• Options
    AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    That's some terrible diversity bro, better go work on that
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    War has never been my favorite part but now it's horrible. I actually don't mind diversity if it's balanced right. It's probably a good idea. Not sure where the balance is but defender kills definitely need to come back.
  • Options
    HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Wow. Defender kills used to keep AW from being an all-out spend-fest. Now those days are past, and with them, perhaps, the glory days of MCOC.
  • Options
    KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    Cry me a river!
  • Options
    ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    As long as we keep winning I’m happy
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    I absolutely hate the new AW. However, it's been out for a few weeks now so losing because of diversity is your own fault.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,275 ★★★★★
    You lost by 2000 Points. I can understand that is frustrating. However, Diversity is here, and Defender Kills are not. It would make sense to focus on Diversity.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    You lost by 2000 Points. I can understand that is frustrating. However, Diversity is here, and Defender Kills are not. It would make sense to focus on Diversity.

With that kind of thinking we would have been stuck with all of 12.0 and a even more broken game.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    DaMunk wrote: »

With that kind of thinking we would have been stuck with all of 12.0 and a even more broken game.

First of all, that's the current metric that is present. It makes no sense to lose and not pay attention to it.
    Secondly, Diversity is here. It's not likely to go anywhere. I'm also quite positive that Defender Kills won't be returning. At least not in the capacity they were. Anything can happen and I don't know for sure, but that's my guess. They've mentioned working on making the Map more challenging, but I'm not convinced it's returning to the way it was. If a Win is the objective, then it makes sense to use the system that's in place at the moment.
  • Options
    BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    Just start a new alliance on your own or maybe get into a shell alliance and take advantage of the effortless loses or wins with 1 BG wars just by taking part.
  • Options
    ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
    Just start a new alliance on your own or maybe get into a shell alliance and take advantage of the effortless loses or wins with 1 BG wars just by taking part.

I joined my alliance that i am in about 3 or 4 months after alliances wrere added. They are super laid back and don't pressure you to spend, i got no plans on leaving anytime soon.
  • Options
    MrAntiMrAnti Posts: 8
    War used to require skill, now the only skill required is being able to get your wallet out fast enough
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,455 ★★★★
    AW matchups are based entirely on war rating and ignore alliance strength; defender rating scores are typically a non-factor. Therefore it stands to reason a lesser team willing to spend has as much right to win as a stronger team, with the tiebreaker being the diversity, which means they've got AW working as designed. So, good for them.
  • Options
    I agree totally about war being in shambles right now, losing to an alliance that is 2 mill lower is not right when all they have to do is use their wallets and end up losing by less than 100 points. Kabam wins.
  • Options
    Spending has always been an option. That's no different now. The difference is people don't have a penalty for Defender Kills. Which means if they choose to spend, they're not paying for a Loss. The deciding factors after 100% Completion are Diversity, Defender Rating, and Defenders Placed. People have always been able to spend. It's still the same Item Cap.
  • Options
    Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Well theres the problem.....u lost on diversity lol
  • Options
    edited October 2017
  • Options
    Well I kind of agree with those who are saying your alliance needs to diversify its defense. You are spending more time losing in AW than finding your most diverse line up. Losing is the fate of the alliance that wants to ignore diversity. Like it or not it's here. Is it a money grab, yes, but for your part the best thing to do is play the new rules or settle for participation reward at this point.
  • Options
    AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Is it a money grab, yes
    How is it a money grab? If you have to use even a single item to reach the end of this super easy war map then you are doing something wrong.