**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hercules for the win!

2»

Comments

• Options
    crossshattercrossshatter Posts: 249
    Yeah about that...
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★

Yeah about that...

I mean, Ironheart was dead last in the forum poll last time and...well...
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

Yeah about that...

Forum polls don't really say much about the majority's choice.
  • Options
    Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    Let's goo Hercules!!
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    From an unbiased perspective (as unbiased as I could be), Hercules and Ironheart don't have many new abilities/quirks going for them just on the surface.

As someone who enjoys reading a character's abilities and then predicting what their abilities would be within MCOC, Hercules and Ironheart have the least "wow factor" in terms of abilities.

Hercules is strong, has superhuman reflexes and healing factor, as well as invulnerability. His powers would most likely include some form of Fury, Regeneration, Resistance/Indestructible, and maybe Evade. While they could introduce him with a new ability, such as Rage, where he deals more damage while suffering from locked Specials, there's not much to go off of.

Ironheart has a version of Tony's suit going for her. That means Armor Up, Power Drain, Armor Break, and maybe Shock? Although some stuff can be done with those abilities, there's still not much to go off of, especially when considering that you want some difference from the 3 IM's that exist in the game already.

Next, we have Omega Sentinel. She has nanites and machine control. Her powers would most likely contain some form of Power Drain, Shock, and her nanite ability could be interpreted in many different ways, from Degeneration and Special Lock to AAR and Heal Block. There is much more legroom for interpretation of a new mechanic than the previous characters.

Finally, we have Morbius, the pseudo-vamp. His powers include hypnosis, healing factor, and sharp fangs. This would be translated to some form of either AAR, or even Special Lock, Regen, and Bleed. However, unlike the previous characters mentioned, Morbius has a special condition that requires him to feed off of fresh blood to keep him alive. This could definitely be translated into a Brute Force-esque ability, but the more satiated he is, the more he benefits, and if it dips down, he could be punished.

Ask yourself, "Does (insert character) have more potential than the rest?" If not, then ask yourself "Why am I voting for (insert character)?"

I would love to hear your thoughts.
  • Options
    Alfa_PigeonAlfa_Pigeon Posts: 273 ★★
    I don't see the hype for the Omega Sentinel, personally I don't think that female Cable looking character is cool at all. Hercules for the win!
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

I don't see the hype for the Omega Sentinel, personally I don't think that female Cable looking character is cool at all. Hercules for the win!

So your telling me that she is not as cool

As this guy

It honestly baffles me how someone could even begin to say that he looks cooler
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

As this guy

The simplicity of his appearance makes him cool. You can put as many guns and tanks on the character. That doesn't make her more cool.
  • Options
    Alfa_PigeonAlfa_Pigeon Posts: 273 ★★
    Qacob said:

As this guy

Hell no, all that hot mess is doesn't make a character "cool" she looks like a Cable ripoff.
  • Options
    GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    As a Greek and Roman mythology LOVER ounce i so hercules all the myths that i had read and watched about him came rushing back and i new i had to vote for him, and so I VOTE HERCULES