**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Throne breaker... Just do it.

124»

Comments

• WillsilverWillsilver Posts: 63
    Question on this idea I currently have the resources to get any of my current 6* skill champs to rank 3; however, as you can see they are not what I would consider to be the best options. Is it worth it to rank one of them up or wait for cyber weekend to see if I can get a different class option or even potentially pull a different skill champ?
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

K00shMaan said:

What if your options are OG Guillotine and Juggernaut

If I were you, I would give my self 2 more crystal pills. If it’s not a mystic champ take up OG gully. She has some nice synergies . No she is not ideal. But if you take into consideration that you get about 7500 6* shards a month from EQ. You are probably forming a 6* crystal a month. This only means that you could of had 60 Daily crystals from thronebreaker if you are waiting 2 months.
    Would you genuinely take up OG Guilly for some non-gamechanging rewards? It isnt worth it my dude.
    They are game changing and genuinely, yes I would. When throne breaker deals come out I already have a list of who I will take up. I have attached my roster for reference

Skill: Elsa bloodstone, ronin , NT
    Cosmic : Venom, Vision AA,
    Mystic : Hood , gully
    Science : MR F wasp
    Tech : ghost , mysterio
    Mutant : cable. Gambit
    Ranking Hood and Guilly isnt worth it. Neither are the science champs imp. And cable is absolute trash.

Do you not do aq? These rewards are really not game changing with 6x5.(if you have average luck)

If someone got your luck, i still dont even think it would be worth it. But chances are youll have something along the lines of what ive pulled.
    I love my invisible woman and Mr F is next to R3. That’s what I’m saying. If I were waiting so long I would be missing out on resources.
    This message just got approved after 9 or so hours.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Question on this idea I currently have the resources to get any of my current 6* skill champs to rank 3; however, as you can see they are not what I would consider to be the best options. Is it worth it to rank one of them up or wait for cyber weekend to see if I can get a different class option or even potentially pull a different skill champ?

In your case, I would probably wait until cyber Monday. Unless you plan on spending regardless,

Option 1.) There is a chance you may lock yourself in to cav deals. There is also a chance we get T5cc from throne breaker, and you start to form another class right away.

Option 2.) You play it safe and lock yourself into cav deals , you have a chance possibly to get another skill champ you want from those resourced

Option 3.) Hope they allow you to upgrade during throne-breaker and you can double dip :)

I don’t think any of those champs are particularly useful.

Also, no one even knows if there will be a throne-breaker deal . We are all just guessing and you can rank a champ for TB and we all get the same deals lol
  • Dewy4Dewy4 Posts: 203
    Thanks for your feedback guys!
  • ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    worth waiting for cyber weekend to see deals before making a lousy rankup for thronebreaker?
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    Willing to r3 an unduped Thing, Fury, or OR (got a gem for him)
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,263 ★★★★★
    I have CMM, Warlock and Domino waiting to r3 without hesitation. No one i really like in the other classes. But if need be, I would r3 Ronin, Mephisto or Dorma, or Gulk or Shulk if I had to just to get Thronebreaker
    ddom said:

worth waiting for cyber weekend to see deals before making a lousy rankup for thronebreaker?

I think if you already have resources to rank 3 a champ you can either hope for a better champ to pull to use those resources on are hope for better rank up materials via throne breaker.

They have said they can’t confirm if they will let people get cav to throne breaker on the week of the deals so just a small gamble
    GagoH said:

If you can already R3 one of them, you are in a better position then most. If I were in your shoes I would wait to see if I can upgrade because you have some solid rank up champs regardless.
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    I’m pushing for the abyss to try and get thronebreaker.
    That post is a little old and symbiote supreme and venom are now r5 and I also have 3.8k units now.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/235304/abyss-help#latest
    walkerdog said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

K00shMaan said:

If I were you, I would give my self 2 more crystal pills. If it’s not a mystic champ take up OG gully. She has some nice synergies . No she is not ideal. But if you take into consideration that you get about 7500 6* shards a month from EQ. You are probably forming a 6* crystal a month. This only means that you could of had 60 Daily crystals from thronebreaker if you are waiting 2 months.
    Would you genuinely take up OG Guilly for some non-gamechanging rewards? It isnt worth it my dude.
    They are game changing and genuinely, yes I would. When throne breaker deals come out I already have a list of who I will take up. I have attached my roster for reference

Skill: Elsa bloodstone, ronin , NT
    Cosmic : Venom, Vision AA,
    Mystic : Hood , gully
    Science : MR F wasp
    Tech : ghost , mysterio
    Mutant : cable. Gambit
    Ranking Hood and Guilly isnt worth it. Neither are the science champs imp. And cable is absolute trash.

Do you not do aq? These rewards are really not game changing with 6x5.(if you have average luck)

If someone got your luck, i still dont even think it would be worth it. But chances are youll have something along the lines of what ive pulled.
    Uh Cable with Apocalypse is pretty good
    Key phrase “with Apocalypse”.

A lot of content will not have room for synergies — youll need to counter other fights. Plus cable has very few uses on his own.
    Due to apoc existing tho, hes better than Robin.
    Yeah, you can always squeeze a synergy in nowadays . Except V5
  • PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★
    I agree TB title is totally worth it with the big jump in crystal rewards (daily and 4 hourly). the only thing I miss is that the 4 hourly crystals now tend not to give small energy refills which I used to love.

But that's more than compensated for the 2 full T5B's I've pulled from the daily crystals in less that 3 weeks. I know its RNG, but atleast the chances are there for new TB titleholders :)
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

GagoH said:

If you can already R3 one of them, you are in a better position then most. If I were in your shoes I would wait to see if I can upgrade because you have some solid rank up champs regardless.
    Im doing abyss rn, those are possible candidates if i get the t5cc in that class. If i do get it , I’d definitely rank 3 before the deals in case they don’t let us double dip. However , i find it likely that they will as it benefits both kabam and playerbase
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    GagoH said:

Texas_11 said:

GagoH said:

Im doing abyss rn, those are possible candidates if i get the t5cc in that class. If i do get it , I’d definitely rank 3 before the deals in case they don’t let us double dip. However , i find it likely that they will as it benefits both kabam and playerbase
    Good luck. Hopefully you’re happy with the rewards when it’s over.
    GagoH said:

Texas_11 said:

GagoH said:

Kabam is all about balance . Good luck , I plan on finishing my last path of abyss that Friday the deals
    Drop. Only 4 days left.
  • Intensity108Intensity108 Posts: 326 ★★
    K00shMaan said:

Unpopular Opinion: I Would Rank 3 OG Guillotine
    I think cyber Monday deals will be locked. I know we talked about it a lot through here. I wouldn’t change it. The language was pretty strong.
  • Texas_11 said:

I think cyber Monday deals will be locked. I know we talked about it a lot through here. I wouldn’t change it. The language was pretty strong.

The language was a duplicate from last year:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1533114/#Comment_1533114

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1533127/#Comment_1533127

Also, we have this comment from Kabam Miike:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1533205/#Comment_1533205

Basically, if you change progression during the weekend, your offers should reflect that, at least this time around. But there's no guarantee they will continue to do so moving forward indefinitely.
    DNA3000 said:

Texas_11 said:

The language was a duplicate from last year:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1533114/#Comment_1533114

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1533127/#Comment_1533127

Also, we have this comment from Kabam Miike:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1533205/#Comment_1533205

Basically, if you change progression during the weekend, your offers should reflect that, at least this time around. But there's no guarantee they will continue to do so moving forward indefinitely.
    Thanks!
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    Well, actually I will prefer R3 some champs that are not commonly used currently.

For example, if I have Nick Fury and Elsa Bloodstone in 6 Star, I would go for Elsa instead of Nick. Nick is too heavily used....and 6R2 Nick (awaken) is already so OP.