**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hercules vs Omega Sentinel! Character Concepts!

Comments

• RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,763 ★★★★★

• Who_knows said:

DNA3000 said:

Who_knows said:

If you have an influence and you voice your opinion (in elections/votings), then you are a ##### person, cause you practically take advantage of your audience, and you manipulate it (in most cases, not all of them)

I can't see any way to avoid taking this as an insult, because either I'm an unethical person for abusing my influence, or my influence is too trivial to make my advocacy matter at all. Not sure which of those two I would prefer.

I think the only way to resolve this issue is for everyone to vote for Omega Sentinel, so that she wins with such an overwhelming amount that we can't blame Seatin for swinging the vote.

Support democracy: vote Omega Sentinel.
    Do not take it personally, but in order to be in the 'influencer' category you must have followers. Something that the forums don't have
    The day I start calling myself an influencer is the day I throw myself into traffic. However, a) forum posters do have followers and b) people have influence whether they are an "influencer" or not.
  • Well this escalated quickly
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Well this escalated quickly

as most threads tend to do
  • Well this escalated quickly

I'd advise calm, but I'm not an influencer.
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    Can we get back on topic? VOTE HERCULES
  • Alfa_PigeonAlfa_Pigeon Posts: 273 ★★

Djin said:

Omega Sentinel= Cable + Nebula
    Vote Hercules!

Cabe+Nebula>>>>>>>>>>>Air Walker+ Thor Rag
    Djin said:

Vote Hercules!

Cabe+Nebula>>>>>>>>>>>Air Walker+ Thor Rag
    Cable=Nebula=Air Walker=Thor Rag = Arena Fodder
    voting aside, did you seriously just call nebula arena fodder?
    Yes he did. He clearly does not know how to use her. Nice to find another Nebula fan here.
    And you CLEARLY don't know me, yes arena fodder, what of it? Its like using Star Lord or Aegon, why use the lower end champ when there are better options?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Who_knows said:

Karate Mike is backing Hercules. Anyone can back anyone they want.

Do you really compare a guy (which I love) that has only 15K subscribers to Seatin (who has 280K+ subs)?
    @who_knows love you too
    hey jesus how are you
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    slacker said:

C'mon guys, have some respect to both character, kabam only give us their mechanic not number, not how many debuff, buff, ability,etc... both fans shouldn't diss charater like that, kabam could give herculus insane fury buff or OS insane utility, we aren't game designer, we don't work for kabam so don't make jugdement that they gonna be good or trash, keep it civil

*sigh* Seriously ?, after i drop this ,there are some ppl still fighting by dissing character but now is someone, again keep it civil
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★

Omega Sentinel gang

Yes
  • You're getting way to heated about this. It honestly shouldn't matter if an influencer says their choice or not. They can express their opinion and it is up to everyone else around to make their own opinion. That's how other voting options work as well. If we want things like this to happen again, the way we handle victory, defeat, and even just the voting process has to be more positive than negative.
  • Who_knows said:

He's just speculating. He just said that Hercules won't be a good champ cause the cosmic champs of this year where underwhelming. One of the worst arguments I have ever heard. If we had some more info about their abilities, okay he could say that. But judging a brand new champ when the only info that you have is that he will have persistent charges isn't right. Aegon, Captain Marvel, Corvus, Morningstar, Cull Obsidian have persistent charges as well and they dominate the game (at least the first 3)
    Now if you dont understand this, I get. When you grow up you will see

Actually, while it is true that @Seatin is just speculating, in this particular case I do agree with the gist of his speculation. From what I gathered from his video, Seatin isn't straight up saying that Hercules is going to be a bad champ and that's why he isn't voting for him. He did say he thought that many recent ramp up champions were underwhelming, but the gist of his argument is less that Hercules is going to be a bad champ, and more that the ramp up style of champ should be something that is less common than it is now, because it tends to shift the way you use champs and assemble teams of champs to do content in ways that are more restrictive than champs that don't rely on ramp up mechanics.

I would tend to agree here. It is very tricky to balance ramp up champs, and the recent ones are evidence of this. If a champ is going to ramp up, it can't start super strong or its ramped up performance will be too high. You sometimes get a Corvus or a CMM, but not because the devs are specifically targeting that level of performance. We get those when we get lucky and the devs make a champ that is a little overpowered, but not so overpowered that they have to immediately nerf it.

Now, how likely is it that Herc will be more like CMM, or more like Air Walker? I think the odds are not high that Herc will have similar ramp up and performance comparable to CMM, because of the other facet of his concept design. He is intended to have a playstyle that rewards high skill. The phrase "avoiding unblocked attacks and cowardice" sounds a lot like "you're going to need to intercept a lot" because "cowardice" is already associated with not dashing back in the game. So "don't get hit" and "don't block" and "don't dash back" leave very few options. CMM builds up charges by just blocking. Herc doesn't look like he's going to ramp up as easily, or as quickly, because that sounds inconsistent with how his playstyle is described.

You combine high skill threshold and quest-wide ramp up and I think the odds are much higher that Hercules will be more like Aegon than CMM. And I doubt if the developers are going to be keen to add another Aegon to the game, so Herc will likely have a lower maximum potential than Aegon.

You have to judge your vote on something, so while anyone can argue that no one can know ahead of time what the champs will look like when they are implemented, everyone has to make reasonable extrapolations based on the available information. I think this is a reasonable extrapolation.
  • MAGWMAGW Posts: 24

Vote Hercules!

Wait lmao isn't OS Omega red and Sentinel - awesome utility and (hopefully) crazy damage?
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    6 stars are a long way from being the meta based on the way act 7 and future content is turning out. Just because you don't consider Venom, Aarkus and Surfer r3 worthy doesn't mean others do. There are many people who have ranked them up as their first r3.
  • I had every intention of voting for Hercules. In fact I have voted for him each time across all of my accounts. But after finding out that he would be another ramp up champ I’m going all in for OS. These ramp up champs are getting old. It was a great idea when it first happened but it just keeps getting overplayed by the creators. Ægon and Corvus are the best at ramp up. If it’s not gonna be on their level give it a rest.

• DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    I don't understand the point of making Hercules a ramp up champ. I mean he's a God, son of Zeus.
    Why does he need ramp up?
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    I like Hercules because i like bieng rewarded for playing good
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    MAGW said:

Vote Hercules!

Wait lmao isn't OS Omega red and Sentinel - awesome utility and (hopefully) crazy damage?
    Not exactly. Omega Prime Sentinels are Sentinels who use nanite technology. Omega Sentinel is a female Indian police officer who is transformed into an Omega Prime Sentinel.

Omega Red is a mutant who uses carbonadium tentacles to siphon life force from opponents.

There’s a little more to it than that, but the short answer is no—OS is basically a human who has advanced Sentinel tech grafted into her.

Dr. Zola
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Who_knows said:

6 stars are a long way from being the meta based on the way act 7 and future content is turning out

If you think that the game hasn't shifted towards 6*, then I don't think we play the same game

Just because you don't consider Venom, Aarkus and Surfer r3 worthy doesn't mean others do. There are many people who have ranked them up as their first r3.

They ranked them up cause they were the best cosmic champs that they had at the moment
    You're delusional if you think only the cosmics you listed are worth R3. The main negative you listed against the others was not having any immunity. What makes you think Herc would have any? If anything it would make less sense if he did.