**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Possibly the worst 6* roster

Comments

• anaLysis_anaLysis_ Posts: 259 ★★★
    It’s pretty unlucky, but Not even close to the worst
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020

Yeah that’s pretty sad. Sure a few solid champs, none that scream r3 though. Maybe wasp would be worth it. It might pay off with the cyber Monday deals (since it will NOT update when you change progression titles)

bit off there mate
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1533205/#Comment_1533205
  • Your top row are R2 worthy, I wouldn't have a problem taking Wasp, ST or Cull to R3 either tbh.

There's far too much emphasis on rushing this new title just for the daily crystals and potentially higher tier offers. This is a title that's designed to slot into natural progression in ~6 months or so. At the moment it requires either AoL completion or Act 6 exploration but in the summer most players completing Act 6 will be using their 25% selector to form their first T5CC and target their rank ups. They'll also have far more 6* than you have because of the increased access that we're seeing.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,036 ★★★★★
    I’m wild probably r3 my wasp when I’m get the last fragment.
  • Putang76 said:

Lol, I like the way people on here always try to sugarcoat everything.
    Your right, that might be the worse 6 star roster ever.

It isn't even close to the worst. Heck, I'm not sure it is worse than mine was at a similar stage. At one point my best 6* was awakened Loki, and I was actually using him in real content (for the buff steal). In fact I see some old friends in that roster: some of my early pulls were Nebula, Captain Marvel, and Drax. I also did pull Sabertooth like he has, and Black Bolt. I had Storm, Cyclops, and I think the only other notable one at that point was Hulk Ragnarok.

Wasp, Sabertooth, Cull, Nebula, and Spider Gwen are all usable champs, and at that early stage of roster growth the best you can hope for is to have champs that at least have some reasonable use case. He's got several with use cases. I've seen much worse.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,521 ★★★★★
    This is nowhere near the worst!
    I've seen rosters much bigger than this with champs there are barely usable. Only used as arena fodder or as a synegy for another champ.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

I've been playing this game for 5 years. Holding on to upgrade items to rank-up the best champions, and grinding all the time. I've completed Act 6 now but I cant get the Thronebreaker title because I need to have a 6* rank 3. WTF, I can, I have everything I need, but this could possibly the worst 6* roster ever. Your thoughts?

It’s pretty bad but @buddy_LEE has been posting some nice cull videos
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    It’s not the best roster. But honestly there aren’t too many champs that are going to change your account significantly you maybe have a 5% chance.

If you completed act 6 , then 100% will test your roster and you need more than just a R3 champ to get it done . You can expect breadth and depth required. If in fact meant “explored” instead of complete. The only thing left for you are variants and abyss. These are still going to be done best with the 5/65 champs.

Looking at your roster it doesn’t appear you are in high tier wars, but the resources you get from throne-breaker will boost your account significantly.
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 297 ★★★
    edited November 2020

I've been playing this game for 5 years. Holding on to upgrade items to rank-up the best champions, and grinding all the time. I've completed Act 6 now but I cant get the Thronebreaker title because I need to have a 6* rank 3. WTF, I can, I have everything I need, but this could possibly the worst 6* roster ever. Your thoughts?

So you have 18 six stars and you think what? Somehow that's enough to guarantee a r3 worthy champ? I just... I dunno.

Clearly, when kabam developed the new title, 18 six stars was the target audience 😆

Alrighty then. Carry on.
  • crossshattercrossshatter Posts: 249
    Wasp,spider gwen,cull,imiw
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Culls not too shabby I guess, he’d benefit tons from the extra health
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★

How'd I get drug into this? I noped out immediately when I clicked earlier

you got mentioned
    But why? It's just another post by someone who's not remotely in the target audience being upset that they're not. Nothing that can be said here that hasn't been said lord knows how many times already
    whats the target audience, big shooter?

People who actually understand who are good and aren't. Your post screams "I don't have Corvus or Ghost" poor me :'(:'(:'(:'(

You have several viable options. You don't have the worst 6* roster.
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 896 ★★★
    which class of T5CC did you form?
  • Ebony_Naw said:

How'd I get drug into this? I noped out immediately when I clicked earlier

you got mentioned
    But why? It's just another post by someone who's not remotely in the target audience being upset that they're not. Nothing that can be said here that hasn't been said lord knows how many times already
    whats the target audience, big shooter?

The target audience has been stated to be people who have 100% all content in the game, especially those who have explored Act 6, Abyss, and have a roster with a full team of r3 champs. This was said by Kabam Miike on the reaction post when TB was announced, but I don't have a screenshot available. I'm sure someone else can provide a pic or corroborate this.
    They were originally envisioning the target audience as being something like that, but if that was the actual target that would be easy enough to implement. They decided not to make that the actual criteria for various reasons, probably including the fact that being able to fully explore *everything* was a higher roster check than they wanted.

I think they wanted the target to be something like a person capable of exploring everything, but might still be working towards it due to having some bad luck with champion pulls or whatever. So they decided a parallel idea was to target players who were working on rank 3 rosters, because that was almost synonymous with players who had done everything. The odds of someone having fully explored everything and *not* ranking up rank 3 6* champs was very low. So the idea for the target player group shifted from "completed everything" to "working on rank 3s." Then the question became, if a player is "working on rank 3s" how do you detect that fact? And the obvious answer was "check to see if they actually are ranking up rank 3s." They could have made the requirement three rank 3s or five rank 3s, but they settled on one as a compromise to the issue of random luck. Someone could be sitting on their T5CC waiting for better champs than what they currently have, even if they have good choices. They could simply be waiting for better ones. So making the requirement one rank 3 was a reasonable compromise, because the people they were thinking of on average had multiple rank 3s already, or had the resources to make multiple rank 3s and just hadn't been incentivized to do it yet. But even the most unlucky of them could still almost certainly make one. So the one rank 3 Thronebreaker requirement would be one that *any* player in the target group could easily make.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Why are you complaining? You’ve got 3 maybe 4 or 5 rank 3 options. That is definitely not the worst 6* roster. It’s not the best but it’s a solid 5 or 6/10 with the amount of 6*s you have.
  • buddy_LEEbuddy_LEE Posts: 280 ★★★
    Texas_11 said:

It’s pretty bad but @buddy_LEE has been posting some nice cull videos
    @Texas_11 Thanks bud. Cull is pretty awesome really
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    You 100% act 6 and only have 18 6 stars
  • Another_NameAnother_Name Posts: 180
    Wasp is not trash in her own. She’s high Demi, and so is saber tooth. Cull is a smidgen above high demi
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

You 100% act 6 and only have 18 6 stars

Doubt he 100%, probably meant an initial clear.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Not even remotely close to the worst set of 6*s. You’re just whining and being unnecessarily picky.
  • AstroGamer110AstroGamer110 Posts: 40
    edited November 2020
    Wait till you see mine

jk mine is okok
  • HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,108 ★★★
    I have seen worst rosters
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    Seen worst but yeah its pretty bad