**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are getting bad champions a setback for you

Comments

• Options
    WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    Not anymore
    I have enough champs to clear Cavalier event quests with relative ease, and some on the back burner that I haven't ranked up yet that will probably get me through act 6. That's enough for me. It might have been a week ago beacuse I didn't have a good mutant agent for the Mutant Bio-Hazard quest or an Armor Up tech, but then I pulled a Colossus and a Guardian.
  • Options
    Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    edited December 2020
    Not anymore
    I’ve learned to expect and accept disappoint from opening crystals, it makes getting something good/great that much more enjoyable.

Recent example, open two 6*, dup on Drax and Karnak, both not the first time...decided to suffer through the Spam celebrity challenge, awakened 6* Corvus.

End result = 😁
  • Options
    kingbradley1297kingbradley1297 Posts: 119 ★★
    Yes
    Definitely Yes. I never understood the arena argument as well. Any pull out of a 5* is gonna be useful for arena. It's not a good feature. It's a basic thing. And for people who don't do arenas, it doesn't mean much. Also, if you're going to be dipping into the infinite streak, you need to rank up these champs. So it's even more painful ranking up that 5* Groot for example.

Now coming to progressions, 4* pulls really make no difference now. But there was a time when bad 4* pulls hindered my account. And now, it's magnified with 5*s. If my luck had swung a little bit and I had pulled Aegon, I could be clearing relevant content now. I haven't been able to clear LoL and now the rewards are somewhat outdated. If I had the right champions, I could clear this John Mulaney challenge and reap the rewards. Yet now I've to watch it pass by, like I've seen so many other challenges pass me.
  • Options
    Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    Yes
    Yes. It hurts but this is how life works. Just keep trying..
  • Options
    BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    Not anymore
    5 stars are so easily accessible nowadays that I don’t even care if I pull 5 terrible champs back to back. And I don’t care about bad 6 star pills cause I don’t need them anyways
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 845 ★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Yes
    Definitely for me. My first 5* was Juggernaut and first natural 5* dupe was Juggernaut. Likewise, my first 6* was Yondu and my first (and only) 6* dupe was Yondu.

The ‘useful for Arena’ doesn’t particularly wash as it’s just one game mode and it’s hard to justify / doesn’t make much difference in the long run.

The Epoch Shards event was fun - but opening the RNG rewards wasn’t. Happy for all those who were lucky with their pulls, but mine did nothing for my roster or progression.
  • Options
    DonDudu2809DonDudu2809 Posts: 348 ★★
    Yes
    mrcyrcle said:

Got 6 5 stars now and all of the are trash it's starting to get really depressing.

16 later and i am in the same boat as you mate...
  • Options
    fchskmfchskm Posts: 166
    Yes

It really depends on what you consider 'bad'.

When it comes some challenge like the one of this month, yes, it is.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Not anymore
    Without setbacks, then without achievement or happiness. That’s life.
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Not anymore
    Shards come fast enough that it doesn't matter. I open some crystals and move on to the next batch.
  • Options
    While it sucks, we all have ups and downs and the collection is apart of the game
  • Options
    No
    It depends entirely on where you are in the game. If you’re sat in Act 1-4 it doesn’t matter what champion you pull - it can handle it. The early parts of Act 5 it doesn’t really matter either. Mid-late Act 5, providing you have a handle on the mechanics of the game by now the only real stipulation is that they’re decent.

It’s only In Act 6 that specific types of champion become truly relevant and much of that is deeper Act 6 outside of a decent immunity champion.
  • Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    Not anymore
    Ever since Kabam brought the dual crystals I must admit that my luck has improved considerably. I think that these dual crystals are BY FAR the best quality of life feature has implemented this year.

Sunce 2017-2018 For about a year and a half my only 5* R4 were SL and Vodoo, because I duped them naturally. Then, got Domino and Magik, and for a year more those were my only R4. Eventually got gem for Magik .But the rest was thrash. Duped several times Red Magneto ( when he was thrash) , Jugs, Kamala, Iron Patriot, Rhino, DD Netflix ( when he was thrash), Falcon ( idem), Deadpool X, Superior Iron Man, Regular Iron Man and many more meme tier champs. It got to a point when I actually quit the game for about 9 months or so cuz couldn't take it anymore.

Started playing again since last June, and boom got 5* Quake that vey month. Then in July came the Red Magneto Update ( whom I had already duped three times!). Then from July to September got an unbelievable lucky streak as I pulled 5* HT, Thing( duped him too) Medusa, Sentinel, Starky, IMIW, Venom ( and duped him too) and Proxima. I was ecstatic. Went ahead and completed Act 5 with them.

Then by the end of September it was the cherry on top: my third 6* was CMM!!!! (Before I only had meh 6* : Angela and Korg, amd had resignated that I will only get thrash 6* as it had been before with 4* and 5*). I couldn't believe it. And in October when dual crystals came I started hunting for better skills and mutants and in two months got them: got OR, Sabretooth, and Emma ... then I duped all three the regular way and even got to dupe my Domino! Got Cavalier with what I had then.

Then Cyber deals came and they got me 5* Aegon, Nick Fury!! , Mr Fantastic, SymSupreme , Doom!!! Claire Voyant !!!! and 6* CAIW!!' Falcon and Killmonger!!!! I was literally speechless.

I have been playing this game on and off since it started in 2014. It is only now, 6 years in that I can say I have a decent roster. And 80% of it came to me literally in the last 6 months. Not even in the heydays of 4* I got lucky with champs, my ONLY good one for like 3 years was Dr Strange when he was OP and that's it, the rest I had were all meme thrash. Only now I can say I am fairly happy.

My point is that it all comes down to luck. Regardless, Kabam definitely did a good move with the dual crystals, it lets you concentrate somewhat on what your after and since you are popping same classes over and over again you'll have enough class iso (via duping lesser champs) to rank up whenever u get what you want.

Now since I'm OK and settled on the mutant, skill, science and mystic departments, getting only Cosmic/Tech duals now. Concentrated on hunting for Ghost, Warlock, Gully 2099 or Corvus . If I get any two out of those 4 I'll be happy and will be able to say that I have a balanced roster. Wish me luck!

• Options
    ljballer22ljballer22 Posts: 151
    Yames9996 said:

16 5* and not one can help me get cavalier and I just pulled my first 6* yesterday

*drum roll*

elektra

ty kaboom

Edit: here ya go kaboom

Are you stating that this is your complete 5* & 6* roster and you've completed Act 5?
  • Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 791 ★★★
    Not anymore
    This still stings...

• Options
    GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    Only bad 5*s as i already have good maxed 4* but they wont help me in act 6
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Not bad champ's for me, but there have been many dry spells and frustrating moments along the way. My issue is really the RNG, which gets us all. I currently have 22 x 6*, quite a few which are great, most are good, and some are memes. The memes came first mostly, but the great ones have been peppered in here and there, keeping things interesting and me happy riding the ups and downs of the RNG roller coaster. Especially this last month or so, things are getting spicy with 6* champ options.

My biggest issue, is that out of 22 x 6*, not a single skill has shown up and I'm extremely heavy in 3 classes and light on the other 2. My fear, is I'm planning a labyrinth run and am going to be rewarded with a 6* skill catalyst, being the only class that I don't even have a single champ to use. Because if that, I'm not doing it until I have a 6* skill in my roster - doesn't have to be great, just usable cause I think the TB rewards will make it a lot easier to start getting cats for the other classes for the ones I really want to rankup. As it is now though, 'm not willing to risk the shock of doing a run to be "rewarded" with the one class that will be absolutely useless.

-------------------------------

For those of you in the situation I was in for awhile, here is my story to give some hope.

My 5" roster started off very rough for the first 23 pulls. Nearly all were pretty useless and none were getting duped to help get iso or 6* shards so it was slow going as I was stuck in 4* limbo for ages and didn't want to take on the rest of act 5 or even think about act 6 without some 5* R4. In fact, I didn't have anyone R4 worthy until I finally pulled Gwenpool on my 24th 5*, and although I like her, she was already considered a bit lacking by my ally so it wasn't super exciting. She was good enough tho and fun to play, but she alone couldn't help me progress without having to use items.

After some more bad luck, I actually took a break for about a year because it got boring being stuck with no more r4 options and not being able to confidently progress story mode without using more items than necessary. AW was also stressful because I couldn't keep up. Watching my ally mates consistently get awesome 5*, while I continued to get meme champ's was disheartening and I finally decided that the fun wasn't there and it was time for a break. Best thing I could have done...

Fast forward after a year break, coming back at the start of COVID and not much to do, Colossus was suddenly amazing; magically, I had someone to help me progress that was already in my roster, and finally had a counter for coldsnap and incinerate. Needless to say, I r4d him immediately, unduped and all. I started knocking out act 5 and some variants. And then started getting more 5* that were actually really good and could rank up and a couple ok 6* (Nebula, followed by Luke Cage).

I was having fun again and decided to spend a little (ok it was to Odin's worth) on 4th of July and that's where things took off quickly as I snagged some amazing 5* and Sunspot as a 6* that was my first great 6* champ and took him to R2. I also snagged 6* thing, with thoughts as a potential R2 when resources came around. Ultimately I decided to invest more in my 5* roster since I didn't have a lot of R5s and the cost to rank them was less T5CC and T2A. Slow, but steady progress, some more variants and a couple of allies that were not doing AW, but getting decent glory in Map4 AQ. 5* roster was growing steadily, with a couple R5s and a few more 6* that were at least usable for the most part.

Fast forward to November of this year and the 5* roster was pretty solid thanks to more variants and events like Mutant Treasure island, 💯 uncollected all the time and doing as much cavalier as could do itemless. The 6* roster was still lacking for the most part and didn't have any good 6* to R2 so I spent on Cyber weekend walking away with 6* doom (after just taking the 5" to R5) and took him to R2. Warlock followed the week after from a basic and R2d him. I also got 6* corvus but haven't touched him since I have a max 6*.

With the units, I completed 6.3 and 6.4 yesterday and got 6* Beast, 6* Joe Fix it and my best 5* Nexus option was to dupe a low ranked Psylocke. Yuck! But, with all the 5* shards I ended up with Human Torch so there's a positive for the effort and I know can take 2 more to R2 right now and have several options to consider.

For now, I'll sit tight and wait for a skill 6* and see what the Christmas offers look like and the Christmas gift. As soon as a lab run guarantees an R3 in my roster, I'll be on it. Hopefully, I don't have to wait several months for a skill champ, though.