**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is 7.1 Good or Bad

Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
Solely judging it based on the content, do you believe 7.1 is good or bad? I've only done the first quest but honestly it seems like pretty enjoyable content with almost no roadblock fights. Also, replying with what you like about it could be cool (hopefully Kabam devs see this and can see what they're doing right!)

Is 7.1 Good or Bad 99 votes

Good
94%
AjavedRazorDevilbuffajrChamp_ZTitan_ChronosSungjLvernon15reeekyPatchie9316wegnerkThunderGodSw0rdMasterHammerbro_64Warlord5386CupidWicket329IamTryingMyBestPrimeSaviour_27Captain_2goodLmao 94 votes
Bad
5%
IKON7or7AouxWouxIryse[Deleted User] 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    Good
    So far I have only done the first quest (Flare path) and have watched livestreams and videos of people clearing it. I really think Kabam nailed this content and I really feel like they were going for a "Have a good roster and you will be rewarded" approach instead of the more "You don't have this, get punished lol" approach in more of the original Act 6 content. It looks quite manageable and I can't wait for Kabam to continue down this quest design path.
  • Options
    MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    Good
    I've just done initial completion and it was probably the most enjoyable experience I've had in this game since that Deadpool boss rush. There was minimal stress and I only needed two revives. Let's just hope the rest of act 7 meets the same standard
  • Options
    RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    Good
    I've done initial completion. Brings back fond memories of going through 5.1, with all the crazy good nodes... Ah, the good old days.
  • Options
    NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    Good
    For sureeeeeee!

This is already a great start to the new book 2!!!

1.) a short list of paths making it a good motivation to explore it, unlike 6.1 where there was wayyyyy too many paths just to explore it and it actually had some annoying path inside their(but I mean so does 7.1 hahaha)....(ps im exaggerating a bit for 6.1 lol)

2.) Music for the quest is awesome, regular fight music is great and then BOOM the boss MUSIC!!! *chef kiss* what a awesome addition

3.) The switch out node right before the boss is a GAWD send. Take good counters for your path and boss, and if you wanna switch out a champ(as long as they aren't ok'd) that will help with the boss and be at FULL health.....Yeah another great addition

4.) reward paths...... this one might just be IMO but I think the rewards for the paths are awesome the way they are, I think I judged it too quickly thinking I was gonna have to use more than a handful of resources....but it turned out it pretty great and worth the trip on the lane.( I think the only thing that bugged me was that units were found on a path.....but when I thought about it.....I could just get all the units immediately......Im on board)

5.)Nodes......I think the nodes were really fun and was able to get you to pick out a team you might not use all the time or maybe you wanted to see them do even better than normal

6.) Bosses: Man this was great to get a fresh breath of air and rather than having to fight the same boss multiple times you would only fight them TWICE....C'mon that great!

7.) Completion/Exploration Rewards
    -Again this may be something imo, but I think the rewards are fine for the difficulty offered for completion.
    - As for Exploration rewards.....ehhhhh I can't say too much because I have not started the explorations, but from what I remember in the beta it was not COMPLETELY awful either.

ALL IN ALL.....

I think they did pretty great for the most part.....have no truly negative things to say :smile::smile::smile:

UNLIKE ACT 6.2.5(PLEASE MAKE SOME CHANGE TO IT)
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Good
    Really good, finished completion so far, MVPs being Torch and Rogue, got shafted on rewards tho got ANOTHER 25% cosmic t5cc, cant seem to get any other class than cosmic bringing my total to 1.95 currently, and I already had used one on venom, so almost 3 all together, Kabam cant seem to give me any other class, but it was really fun overall.
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Good
    I'm up to 7.1.5 and so far it's been enjoyable & I'm liking it more than act 6.
  • Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Good
    It’s just a better version of the already amazing beta, however I do wish there were some more roadblocky fights here and there cus kabam gotta make their money somewhere lol
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    Bad
    Walk in the park content for end game rewards. There is no challenge here.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Good
    Just ignore the rewards, strictly the content is what I was asking for @IKON
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Good
    I wanna hear reasons as to why people think it's bad
  • Options
    Good
    IKON said:

Have you even done exploration?
  • Options
    Good
    Just calm down @Unio77, I wanna hear his opinion about JUST THE CONTENT IGNORING THE REWARDS. Don't go all bad cop on him :D
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Good

Just calm down @Unio77, I wanna hear his opinion about JUST THE CONTENT IGNORING THE REWARDS. Don't go all bad cop on him :D

I am calmed down kinda 🤭
    But I just wanted to know if he or she has.
  • Options
    16wegnerk16wegnerk Posts: 210 ★★
    Good
    Loving every path :) working my way through a quest at a time - the can’t stop won’t stop path in 7.1.1 was so fun! Took man-thing with she hulk synergy and just walked through.

I love that each path is catered towards a different team/set of champions. It really makes you use all sides of a diverse roster, and makes you think carefully about who to use without feeling roadblocked/punished.
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    Bad
    Unio77 said:

IKON said:

Only 4 paths so far, but I've yet to be challenged.

All the paths have been "ha ha big health pool dies quick". It's just not what I want from end game content.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Good
    IKON said:

Unio77 said:

IKON said:

All the paths have been "ha ha big health pool dies quick". It's just not what I want from end game content.
    Understandable, hopefully there can be more challenging stuff for you in the future. I think a lot of people like it cause while it has *some* difficulty it is mainly just a fun use of your roster. I have no idea what other content you've done but I'm guessing you're far on the spectrum of those that have all the stuff in this game done? Hopefully they do add a "Challenge Mode" where it's hella hard but not necessary
  • Options
    Good
    IKON said:

Unio77 said:

IKON said:

You gonna do a write up once you've explored the whole thing?
  • Options
    SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★
    Good

IKON said:

Unio77 said:

IKON said:

Understandable, hopefully there can be more challenging stuff for you in the future. I think a lot of people like it cause while it has *some* difficulty it is mainly just a fun use of your roster. I have no idea what other content you've done but I'm guessing you're far on the spectrum of those that have all the stuff in this game done? Hopefully they do add a "Challenge Mode" where it's hella hard but not necessary
    If they added a challenging mode then everyone would just complain that it is too challenging and that it should be easier. People are saying it’s good content because they were able to do it with little to no items, it’s supposed to be the hardest content in the game, shouldn’t it require some items to complete? I think the content is fine for where I am in my abilities but understand that better players aren’t challenged. It would be nice if end game content challenged the best end game players. But from my personal perspective, I like the difficulty and the challenge of book 2 as it is.
  • Options
    Good
    No I meant like "Challenge Mode" is something entirely different from the Act 7 stuff. Like maybe a quest with all the bosses or something insane like that
  • Options
    7or77or7 Posts: 48
    Bad
    Too easy
  • Options
    Good
    @7or7 what content usually challenges you? So possible devs could see and maybe implement it
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Bad
    Chapter 6 when it still had teeth, abyss of legends, and war. It’s not that this content is terrible, it is just the most advanced story content, which on initial release should challenge players with the most advanced rosters. If you use a team of r3s, it just takes time and not much else. We want to put our toys to the test. This ain’t it.
  • Options
    Good
    Interesting take, I mean Kabam obviously knows there Thronebreakers out there now. I guess they kinda wanted to tailor to the lower end for this first chapter, cause they did change a lot of quest design so they probably wanted to experiment with that first. Hopefully you get you're challenging fights later in Act 7
  • Options
    Bad
    I think kabam didn’t get enough participation on release with 6.2-6.4 so they decided to go the easier route for ch7. Just less interesting that way. And finishing it will mean less.
  • Options
    Good
    6.1 was extremely easy when compared to later chapters, it still had it's struggle points but it was all relatively easy. I just think that since then people's rosters have grown a lot and are able to tackle more varied stuff in the Act content
  • Options
    Bad
    True