Act 7 - Where do we go from here?

Comments

• SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Member Posts: 4,000 ★★★★★
    I think it’s good. Easier to do initial because it’s fluid with all champs making less of a meta. I feel it’s a lot harder to explore unless you have a developed roster which works well.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Member Posts: 5,019 ★★★★★

Who did you use for Vision?

I soloed him with Man-Thing both times
  • LormifLormif Member Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

Lormif said:

Kill_Grey said:

Why do people on here think variants are not hard? 🤔

because other than v1 they are not.
    That’s subjective. Don’t forget that you and a fair few of the people on this forum are surfing far ahead of the curve in both skill and roster. The nature of your demographic is that content designed to truly challenge you wouldn’t really achieve it’s goal in most cases because if it is too hard or there’s BS in it unitman will come out which defeats the purpose of creating the challenge. I’m not criticising using items/units but the nature of the leading edge is that they need the resources from the content immediately to stop falling themselves falling behind.
    Things like legends rewards don’t help here either because they encourage you to smash 3 months worth of dev work in as fast a time as possible.
    I know it is subjective, it is almost like we have *progressed* further than others, and probably have differnt needs in *progression*
  • Cmdrake428_Cmdrake428_ Member Posts: 10
    Who did you use for the unlimited power path?
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Member Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

OP would you rather have to fight Biohazard and freezer burn MODOK? Or aspect of war mercy Sabertooth.

Bruh, there were actually fights like that? Wtf
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Member Posts: 495 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Hypothetically if there ever an option for people who want ultra hard story content to opt for it in game and for those that want the current version to opt for their own version of story content with same rewards,
    I can almost near guarantee none of these folks ( who're crying about the difficulty being less on forums ) would choose to do the ultra hard content 😎😎

It depends on how it was structured. If the rewards were the same for both no, because while we like a challenge we are also people who believe the rewards should match the effort.

However if it was setup so that you could do both but only got the rewards once then we would probably do both, just the easier for the rewards. If you could only do one, but the rewards were scaled if you did the harder mode probably every one of us would do the harder one.

Evidence, variants.
    Agreed

But the major takeaway has to be that you're basically saying hard content exists in game in form of variants, which we have another one coming in a week I think, then why is there a problem with story content being a little vanilla for you're taste?
    You have 6 pieces of content to suit your style of enjoyment.🤔

Logical thing would be to let one part be tough and one not so tough so that all can enjoy their own little piece of the battle realm right? 🤗🤗

Makes sense to me, separate hardcore sweaty boys and girls with variants. 🤞🤞
    No, I am not saying any such thing. Variants are not hard, however they have 2 difficulty modes, an easy, classic mode and a more difficult variant mode. I never do the classic mode and only do the variant mode.

Also no that would cause even more problems, because the harder mode would have better rewards, and that would cause the exact same situation as now. The issue has always been about the people not ablle to do the content wanting the rewards for the harder content without doing harder content.
    If what you said was true, variant 1 would've been nerfed long ago
  • IKONIKON Member Posts: 1,352 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

OP would you rather have to fight Biohazard and freezer burn MODOK? Or aspect of war mercy Sabertooth.

Yes, a thousand times yes. I know I'm capable of figuring it out.

I have this big roster, and there's no need for it anymore.
    Aziz5253 said:

Mauled said:

Lormif said:

Mauled said:

Lormif said:

Kill_Grey said:

Why do people on here think variants are not hard? 🤔

because other than v1 they are not.
    That’s subjective. Don’t forget that you and a fair few of the people on this forum are surfing far ahead of the curve in both skill and roster. The nature of your demographic is that content designed to truly challenge you wouldn’t really achieve it’s goal in most cases because if it is too hard or there’s BS in it unitman will come out which defeats the purpose of creating the challenge. I’m not criticising using items/units but the nature of the leading edge is that they need the resources from the content immediately to stop falling themselves falling behind.
    Things like legends rewards don’t help here either because they encourage you to smash 3 months worth of dev work in as fast a time as possible.
    I know it is subjective, it is almost like we have *progressed* further than others, and probably have differnt needs in *progression*
    It’s nothing about progression. It’s about game design viability and the mindset that has been manufactured in the prestige race that everything must be completed within 24 hours and if it hasn’t cost you an Odin to explore it is by definition easy because the peons who don’t spend so much can also complete it.

Imagine reading past the first sentence, wouldn’t that be a miracle, that’d be a nice one to factor into your own progression curve.
    Exactly, couldn't have said it better. No matter what kind of content is thrown at you, you have the most top notch champions and skill that you've had a lot of time to cultivate for, to complete it at within a day.

What you are asking for is technically content specifically made and catered to people that can be counted maybe on fingers.

The fact that OP had to use revives itself means it's not easy (even if it was just to go through content), the only reason you can afford to throw revives like that is because you have stashed them for a long time or have the finance to support it.

For the rest of us, every single revive counts.
    Everyone questioning because I was honest and used 3 revives

I had 19 L3s, and 20 L3s from compensation, and did not prepare before release on the paths. If I wanted to do it reviveless, I could have, its just not an effective use of time when you have items that are going to expire (thanks for the compensation Kabam) regardless.
    HI_guys said:

IKON said:

HI_guys said:

Yes, a thousand times yes. I know I'm capable of figuring it out.

I have this big roster, and there's no need for it anymore.
    Exactly. You no longer have to waste resources ranking up every single niche champ in game. You can focus on the fun aspect.

And having to have every single champ in game to do content is downright filthy
    For some players, the difficulty IS the fun.

I'm fully aware that I am in the minority on this, but I play for extremely difficult content. Abyss was super fun, I loved it all. But that content is now very very rare.

I'm looking for content to keep me motivated, because if the next content does not require me to continue to progress, why bother?
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Member Posts: 430 ★★★

Who did you use for the unlimited power path?

Voodoo, throw an sp3 then spam sp1 on even combo, watch the melt occur
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Member Posts: 430 ★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

HI_guys said:

Bruh, there were actually fights like that? Wtf
    That was the previous Act 7 beta I think
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Member Posts: 495 ★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

HI_guys said:

Haji_Saab said:

@IKON I agree with you, fwiw

Imiw
    fwiw is a better champ according to the tier list
    Fwiw?
    I sincerely appreciate the (mostly) respectful comments disagreeing with me.

I think I'm done with the thread but I'll leave it with how I see things

Act 6 - was part of the end goal
    Act 7 - no longer part of the end goal

New content must be created to fill the gap that was made.