**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Namor still relevant?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
Now that he’s slower and a “ramp up champ”

Most will comment that the nerf did nothing, and although the sig and damage wasn’t touched, the ramp up being longer surely had an effect and at least in my opinion, has killed off a lot of hype surrounding this champ.

Sure he may be valuable because of his signature ability being so rare, but that’s all hes used for now. You’re not going to take him in a generic fight due to the slow rampup. However, before the nerf, since you could get to the sp3 around the same time as 28 outrages , this made him very practical for use outside of his sig. I even remember asking who was the better champ between him and omega back then.

As useful as the sig is, most of the fights hes used in Quake or Omega Red can cover. Unless someone can enlighten me on where in act 6 or 7 he may shine.

Is Namor still relevant? 156 votes

Yes , the sig is just too good to pass on
76%
BigPoppaCBONEAjavedSpity68buffajrheruheru511Oesername123Alex13369Titan_ChronosAspenChagaljLvernon15ShadowstrikeMhd20034MenkentWorknprogressPizzabeatMoot4LifeBrokenRasiloverPanchulon21 120 votes
No, other champs can do what he can for the most part
23%
XxicylovexXnameplasMr_9Zlatn1qAlbi⁴7²00⁴Malreck04ClynevaPrylankNapaHeroMobile_P0tat0DonrefreNichj997or7UmbertoDelRioFrostyNickelCtfz35Thoye3FiiNCHChachaji01Alyzan 36 votes

Comments

• Options
    He's one of the MVPs for two bosses in Book 2 - Aarkus and Electro Luke. I'd have really liked him for those fights. With sig stones far more accessible these days I don't think it's such a big deal to invest in him. Obviously it depends where you are in the game but I'm getting enough stones now that I can consider more niche investments whereas before I was scrimping and saving for one of each class.
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    For sure. He did a bunch of paths in 7.1 for me. All by himself.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Mauled said:

He's one of the MVPs for two bosses in Book 2 - Aarkus and Electro Luke. I'd have really liked him for those fights. With sig stones far more accessible these days I don't think it's such a big deal to invest in him. Obviously it depends where you are in the game but I'm getting enough stones now that I can consider more niche investments whereas before I was scrimping and saving for one of each class.

Thanks for that insight, didnt know he was good in book 2 and Yeah normally I wouldn’t, but since I have them expiring I’m considering using stones on champs like mojo or thing
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    In my opinion it’s somewhere in between. There are matchups he shines in and is the best for. In most there is a better option though.
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    I firmly believe there will never be another champion that has access to such easy damage reflection, and for that reason alone, he'll always have a place.
  • Options
    edited December 2020

GagoH said:

Mauled said:

Thanks for that insight, didnt know he was good in book 2 and Yeah normally I wouldn’t, but since I have them expiring I’m considering using stones on champs like mojo or thing
    Dont use generic stones on mojo or thing, thing doesn't need it unless you want him on AW defence, and while mojo definitely benefits I would put namor over him.
    I know but for mojo it adds a lot to the damage, for thing adds alot to his survivability and with high sig gives him use against fights like no retreat annihilus.

I was already going to do it on Namor. The only other champs I can use it on are Void which I plan on doing before those 2, AA who doesn’t even need high sig and OR but im investing resources in the 6*.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    fchskm said:

He's still a great champ, he's the best in what he does. But he needs high sig for it, and there's at least 2 mutants champions (Colossus and Omega Red) that needs sig stones and are better than him overall. That deppends on your mutant roster.

this
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,140 ★★★★★
    He was sweet vs Electro Cage as mentioned earlier. That sig ability is so unique he'll always be relevant imo. And that's ignoring his damage potential.
  • Options
    AouxWouxAouxWoux Posts: 426 ★★★
    No, other champs can do what he can for the most part
    TBH,colossus and OR are so much better with the utility and better damage than namor.
  • Options
    AGYAATAGYAAT Posts: 210
    First thing why you need 28 outrage if you are not talking about act 6 main boss (400k+ health)?? you can build sp2 & 15 outrage charges then dash back hold block, use sp3, now you can easily demolish 150-180k health in your imperius rex (20 second) now if you have skills & practice of his playstyle then do a quick parry heavy and use your another sp3 (when 2nd hit of heavy connects) now you can demolish 300k health points in your imperius rex, he can solo any act 6.4 mid path defender in 20-25 second
    There are so many champs that need more ramp up time then "sp2 & 15 outrage charges" for that kind of damage output..
    No need mention that he is the highest prestige mutant (overall 4th spot) and his sig ability is must have type for any account therefore he is 3 in 1 champion (damage, utility and prestige)
    what else you want from him(?) to understand that he is not overrated but might be underrated because (seatin also consider him tire2 so he removed him from tire1 category) many people give up on him after his nerf
  • Options
    AGYAAT said:

First thing why you need 28 outrage if you are not talking about act 6 main boss (400k+ health)?? you can build sp2 & 15 outrage charges then dash back hold block, use sp3, now you can easily demolish 150-180k health in your imperius rex (20 second) now if you have skills & practice of his playstyle then do a quick parry heavy and use your another sp3 (when 2nd hit of heavy connects) now you can demolish 300k health points in your imperius rex, he can solo any act 6.4 mid path defender in 20-25 second
    There are so many champs that need more ramp up time then "sp2 & 15 outrage charges" for that kind of damage output..
    No need mention that he is the highest prestige mutant (overall 4th spot) and his sig ability is must have type for any account therefore he is 3 in 1 champion (damage, utility and prestige)
    what else you want from him(?) to understand that he is not overrated but might be underrated because (seatin also consider him tire2 so he removed him from tire1 category) many people give up on him after his nerf

This 15 outrage hold block dash back method started becoming more common after the nerf, but it’s actually not how you want to be playing Namor due to the fact that his damage is proportional to the number of outrages you have
    240% is a huge chunk so you really want to be close to 30 outrages when you fire off the specials.

Now, if you want a faster ramp up there’s two ways of going about this you can do 1 or 2 sp1’s first since it has a chance at bleeds or instead spamming MM combos instead of the regular five hit. You can keep the opponent at less power too this way.
  • Options
    SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    What made him irrelevant he is still god tier
  • Options

The fact that since he’s a rampup champ now , its only his sig thats keeping him god tier , that and since other champs can cover most of his use.
  • Options
    AdokAdok Posts: 274 ★★
    100%, still one of the best champs for so many BS unavoidable damage and DoT Debuffs while at High Sig. And his damage is still VERY Good, although he is a little bit slower compared to the new champs.
  • Options
    MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    GagoH said:

The fact that since he’s a rampup champ now , its only his sig thats keeping him god tier , that and since other champs can cover most of his use.
    I totally disagree with that.
    He isn't really a ramp up champ, it does take him a little while to access his full damage but that's the same with almost any champ. Plus he doesn't need to ramp up over multiple fights unlike a lot of newer champs. His sig ability isn't the only reason he's "god tier" Namor has incredibly high damage output, strong power gain, easy access to bleeds and a bit of regen. The sig ability is totally unique, even if there are quite a few matchups where he's outclassed by others. No other champ can do what he does, and until that changes he'll never be irrelevant.
  • Options
    GagoH said:

AGYAAT said:

This 15 outrage hold block dash back method started becoming more common after the nerf, but it’s actually not how you want to be playing Namor due to the fact that his damage is proportional to the number of outrages you have
    240% is a huge chunk so you really want to be close to 30 outrages when you fire off the specials.

Now, if you want a faster ramp up there’s two ways of going about this you can do 1 or 2 sp1’s first since it has a chance at bleeds or instead spamming MM combos instead of the regular five hit. You can keep the opponent at less power too this way.
    My point is that ''you don't need 28 outrage method for 80-90% content'' because that will be overkill in those matchup but whenever want you can use his maximum damage potential by going with 'sp3 ready & 28 outrage method'.... you will not see more than 350k health pools outside of act6 & caviler difficulty main boss and whenever I face that much health pool I still prefer 15 outrage method to get them down around 20% health to finish them with someone else in quickest way, if no lucky for big crit rng in that 20-25 second to finish that remaining 20%
  • Options
    One more thing, if you run suicides-semi suicide or boost for that kind of matchups then 15 outrage method will more potential
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,055 ★★★★★
    Meebleton said:

GagoH said:

He isn't really a ramp up champ, it does take him a little while to access his full damage but that's the same with almost any champ. Plus he doesn't need to ramp up over multiple fights unlike a lot of newer champs. His sig ability isn't the only reason he's "god tier" Namor has incredibly high damage output, strong power gain, easy access to bleeds and a bit of regen. The sig ability is totally unique, even if there are quite a few matchups where he's outclassed by others. No other champ can do what he does, and until that changes he'll never be irrelevant.
    Do you consider Star lord to be a ramp up champ? It's similar with namor.
    As for his sig - you need it maxed. If it was something like don't take any damage from sig 1 wrinkle l while attack, and reflect some damage basedv on sig - then he'd be a lot more valuable.

Also personally I just don't like watching sp3s. And with namor best rotation I know is sp3 at 29 charges, 3 sp3s in imperious mode, sp2, sp1. 4 sp3s is too much
  • Options
    MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    Aleor said:

Meebleton said:

GagoH said:

As for his sig - you need it maxed. If it was something like don't take any damage from sig 1 wrinkle l while attack, and reflect some damage basedv on sig - then he'd be a lot more valuable.

Also personally I just don't like watching sp3s. And with namor best rotation I know is sp3 at 29 charges, 3 sp3s in imperious mode, sp2, sp1. 4 sp3s is too much
    It takes Star Lord 200 hits to reach the level of damage that Namor can achieve in about a minute
  • Options
    Aleor said:

Meebleton said:

GagoH said:

Got your point dude,🙋🏻‍♂️ "sig 1 level" should neglect all kind of damage while attacking plus reflect some amount on opponent then he also need a "death touch" type ability where his all attack become lethal for certain seconds after just one sp3😅 only then you will admit that he is top tire champ, also I can't find any similarities between SL and him but if you want to compare his playstyle then why not corvous..m,l,m until you build sp2 then use your sp2(corvous) or dash back and use sp3 (namor)🤔, do you know how much damage corvous can deal after his sp2 (without suicides & boost just some/all charges) and how much can namor do after 15 outrage and 2 sp3 method?? I know both are different but they have similar playstyle where corvous gets persistent damage and namor get burst damage in short period
  • Options
    There is big difference between ramp up (corvous,cull,g2099,aegon.. you also supposed to get benefits from previous fights by doing certain things) and set up playstyle (Hyperion, sunspot, namor, stealth spidey..new match- new story)
  • Options
    It wasn't even a real nerf....
  • Options
    He was ahead of his time in terms of max damage potential in short period so kabam came and increased his setup time for max damage... but now act 7 and future content needs his before nerf abilities because they will be not irrelevant at this time, it would really nice if they roll back these nerf or add some synergy to help him for faster outrage charges buildup
  • Options
    AGYAAT said:

He was ahead of his time in terms of max damage potential in short period so kabam came and increased his setup time for max damage... but now act 7 and future content needs his before nerf abilities because they will be not irrelevant at this time, it would really nice if they roll back these nerf or add some synergy to help him for faster outrage charges buildup

I really hope kabam reverts the nerf, I really cannot fathom how some people are saying it isn’t a nerf. Sure it wasn’t a pre 12.0 nerf or anything, but it DID hurt him. It was enough to slow his ramp up down to the point where most would only bring him for his sig ability which is the only reason I’m investing in him. Do the right thing @Kabam Miike , the submariner needs his glory once more