PREPARING FOR RAGNOROK CHALLENGE

Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
Hello my fellow summoners.



I am here to start a conversation on the Ragnorok event. 5 of the champions I’ve been mulling over that they’d likely use are as followed:

Thor Oddinson (classic)
Thor Jane Foster
Loki
Angela
Hulk

Likely buffs and counters are as followed

Angela: Mystic Ward, Enhanced Armor/Fury
(Hood will make an exceptional counter)

Loki: Enhanced power gain
(Get your Magik ready on that L2)

Hulk: Fury, Enhanced Fury, Physical resist
(Hood might work here too but either Wolverine should help. GP also makes this tremendously easy with her high bleed damage and Enervate plus her ability to shut down his fury)

Thor Oddinson/Classic: Enhanced Fury, Unblockable L2, Parry:
(Nothing we haven’t seen before. Nothing special actually… Hood and Voodoo seem rather good here)

Thor Jane Foster: Enhanced L1, Parry, Ragnorok, Physical Resistance
(Duel resistances leaves very little options for damage outside heavy bleed and Poison although Ragnorok again brings up Hood and Voodoo as well as Physical resistance being Passive it Active making it better for Voodoo)

Overall this challenge in concept sounds like just another excuse to break out the mystic class with 1 good bleeder thrown in for good measure… not too worried myself but I thought I’d give the community a head up

Comments

  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    (Skip to about 4:50 on the video)
  • DonybDonyb Posts: 125
    They are the ravengers
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Donyb wrote: »
    They are the ravengers

    I believe so… Valkyrie/Lady Sif is gonna be in Angela’s place in the movie.

    Jane is also kinda an honorary mention as she’s technically Thor in the comics

    I compiled the 5 for being asgardians, honorary Thor, and Hulk being predominantly displayed in the Movie That next month is going to tie into.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    DISCLAIMER:

    Because these challenges like using 5 enemies and 1 boss there might be a problem with using ALL 5 of the above champions

    Both Hela and Gladiator Thor are added next month and they make 6 and 7 respectively

    Now we might only have 1 of them but in the event that both are displayed in the challenge it is MOST likely that Jane will be cut as she’s not in the movie BUT hulk is the second most likely to be removed
  • If it is antoher challenge where a person choose's the team then all of the above options could be wrong
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    If it is antoher challenge where a person choose's the team then all of the above options could be wrong

    Nah it’s a movie team

    Dave Baustia was a GotG team + Ronan…

    Web Slinger was all 5 Spider-Man (Classic, Symbiote, Miles, Gwen, Stark) plus a villain as the boss

    This is just a heads up and what’s “likely”

    I agree it could easily be like Ming but it seems like to be more movie related given the timing
  • Mr_Otter wrote: »
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    If it is antoher challenge where a person choose's the team then all of the above options could be wrong

    Nah it’s a movie team

    Dave Baustia was a GotG team + Ronan…

    Web Slinger was all 5 Spider-Man (Classic, Symbiote, Miles, Gwen, Stark) plus a villain as the boss

    This is just a heads up and what’s “likely”

    I agree it could easily be like Ming but it seems like to be more movie related given the timing

    Web-slinger team was not decided by an actor. Bautista was, but he decided to go with the movie team instead of choosing another champ.
    Keep the info to yourself for now. Nothing here is confirmed besides the actual challenge
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    If it is antoher challenge where a person choose's the team then all of the above options could be wrong

    Nah it’s a movie team

    Dave Baustia was a GotG team + Ronan…

    Web Slinger was all 5 Spider-Man (Classic, Symbiote, Miles, Gwen, Stark) plus a villain as the boss

    This is just a heads up and what’s “likely”

    I agree it could easily be like Ming but it seems like to be more movie related given the timing

    Web-slinger team was not decided by an actor. Bautista was, but he decided to go with the movie team instead of choosing another champ.
    Keep the info to yourself for now. Nothing here is confirmed besides the actual challenge

    Trying to be a constructive member of the community here. It’s fun to speculate and discuss possibilities with others. Rather me he toeople excited for an event that’s relatively hush-hush or just be ranting and raving over MD which honestly wars too easy for it to be relevant anymore
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    The quest will be Hela-centric and Hela will call all dimensional beings to help her. Opponents will be Dorm, Mephisto, maybe Morningstar, Hela herself as boss and some other champs. There you go. Now you have some pain in the ass defenders
  • GbSarkar wrote: »
    The quest will be Hela-centric and Hela will call all dimensional beings to help her. Opponents will be Dorm, Mephisto, maybe Morningstar, Hela herself as boss and some other champs. There you go. Now you have some pain in the ass defenders

    Remember that bug where opponents came back to full HP after they were defeated?
    That feature will be back. Hela will revive our opponents
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    @Dropfaith it was just an idea and parry plus Angela’s innate HUGE buffs being nearly unremovable PLUS Loki being able to super Spam L1 would make both fights quite harsh

    @GbSarkar Actually that’s be VERY fun to deal with

    @Morgan Web Slinger was actually a neat challenge. Instead of just a random global buff it had a theme. Without awakened Gwenpool/Widow most of the evasion was an actual challenge as many players were forced to use alternative champions who’d normally never fight Spider-Mans or resort to Karnak and Agent venom and pray they worked.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    @Dropfaith it was just an idea and parry plus Angela’s innate HUGE buffs being nearly unremovable PLUS Loki being able to super Spam L1 would make both fights quite harsh

    @GbSarkar Actually that’s be VERY fun to deal with

    @Morgan Web Slinger was actually a neat challenge. Instead of just a random global buff it had a theme. Without awakened Gwenpool/Widow most of the evasion was an actual challenge as many players were forced to use alternative champions who’d normally never fight Spider-Mans or resort to Karnak and Agent venom and pray they worked.

    SW crit team would destroy both of those fights. In no time flat

    ACTUALLY:
    Spam L1 Loki would require immense luck to keep him drained and locked

    As for a MYSTIC WARD ANGELA: anti nullify meaning her crits would be reduced to 4.5% chance to nullify
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 1,719 ★★★★
    Don't need to read, just bring iceman
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Angela is easy as **** to beat you don't need a special anything to beat her..

    And Loki sp1 easy evade no big deal

    Except enhanced power means Loki would get it perfectly chained without delay

    And Angela would have massive attack ON TOP of any iso nodes none of which would be nullifyable… yay dexterity boo parrt
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Angela is easy as **** to beat you don't need a special anything to beat her..

    And Loki sp1 easy evade no big deal
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Angela is easy as **** to beat you don't need a special anything to beat her..

    And Loki sp1 easy evade no big deal

    Except enhanced power means Loki would get it perfectly chained without delay

    And Angela would have massive attack ON TOP of any iso nodes none of which would be nullifyable… yay dexterity boo parrt

    Ok that still doesn't make either a good defender.. give Angela 30k attack.. she's still.gonna be easy..
    Gove Loki 200 percent.power gain he's still.gonna be easy

    Except 30k attack literally 6x more than EX RULK! Parry doesn’t drop to zero and well… I remember trying to marathon 5.3 at first… yowza!

    And Loki having that level of basically his L3 being pushed to L2 would not be fun

    It’d push players to respectively rely almost solely on dexterity and test power control under pressure when the L3 is never more than 2 bars away
  • You know that loki with power gain makes it easier right?
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Morgan wrote: »
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    @Dropfaith it was just an idea and parry plus Angela’s innate HUGE buffs being nearly unremovable PLUS Loki being able to super Spam L1 would make both fights quite harsh

    @GbSarkar Actually that’s be VERY fun to deal with

    @Morgan Web Slinger was actually a neat challenge. Instead of just a random global buff it had a theme. Without awakened Gwenpool/Widow most of the evasion was an actual challenge as many players were forced to use alternative champions who’d normally never fight Spider-Mans or resort to Karnak and Agent venom and pray they worked.

    you realize you could easily do the webslinger with 3* chars right? Anything between top tier and mid tier and even few low tiers accounts could easily get the 100% done.

    Again, it's not even the point. There's no need to speculate on enemies, we'll know when it's out.

    Loki is a joke, besides.

    My point with Loki is that you’d never have an opening. It’d be just like Kabam to kill you with constant block damage or just a dexterity loop until your thumbs bleed
  • gatra_hpgatra_hp Posts: 98
    it’s “ragnarok”, instead of ragnorok. smh
  • SungjSungj Posts: 1,649 ★★★★
    Just a question, you say you're giving the community a heads up for possible counters and nodes but it's complete speculation. How is that a heads up? This post might have been better received if it was clearly shown for what it was which is speculation. This isn't preparation since we still have no idea what to prepare for and you're not giving the community a heads up because you know as little as we do at the moment.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Morgan wrote: »
    gatra_hp wrote: »
    it’s “ragnarok”, instead of ragnorok. smh

    it is actually Ragnar'ok tbh. so yeah, ragnarok looks on point
    Sungj wrote: »
    Just a question, you say you're giving the community a heads up for possible counters and nodes but it's complete speculation. How is that a heads up? This post might have been better received if it was clearly shown for what it was which is speculation. This isn't preparation since we still have no idea what to prepare for and you're not giving the community a heads up because you know as little as we do at the moment.

    Pretty much what im saying


    Read the fine print:
    “I am here to start a conversation on the Ragnorok event. 5 of the champions I’ve been mulling over that they’d likely use are as followed”

    LIKELY! They are likely to add any kind or number of champions and likely will! They were the 5 that seemed most likely on first announcement.

    As far as the buffs go:
    “Likely buffs and counters are as followed”

    At NO POINT do I say it’s definitive! It was LIKELY based on the past patterns of GotG and SPIDERS each having a theme but this is KABAM!

    For all I know it’s LIKELY they use a theme team entirely using Inhimans or Other Dimensional beings! Heck it could be just 5 Mephisto’s lead by Luke Cage enraged that he’s bottom tier in most of the community! With this game the likely isn’t anywhere NEAR guaranteed
Sign In or Register to comment.