**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I chose wisley

I ranked up specific champions for there specific defensive skill set. They were doing great in AW until, how was it put, a major game change instead of major character change. Are these the semantics that kabam is using to justify the lack of compensation. I have Maxed defensive champs that have clearly been devalued by the severity of this game change. It is true the champ hasn't changed they are still great defenders that now now forced to ride the pine. At the time ranking these character was the wise choice. I guess I'm wondering do I rank up characters at slim fear of not choosing wisely. Sincerely someone who is now not using his heavily invested defensive champs in war.

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    Ratso wrote: »
    I ranked up specific champions for there specific defensive skill set. They were doing great in AW until, how was it put, a major game change instead of major character change. Are these the semantics that kabam is using to justify the lack of compensation. I have Maxed defensive champs that have clearly been devalued by the severity of this game change. It is true the champ hasn't changed they are still great defenders that now now forced to ride the pine. At the time ranking these character was the wise choice. I guess I'm wondering do I rank up characters at slim fear of not choosing wisely. Sincerely someone who is now not using his heavily invested defensive champs in war.

Don't rank up trash, rank up champs that can be useful for the main parts of the game.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    danielmath wrote: »
    Ratso wrote: »

Don't rank up trash, rank up champs that can be useful for the main parts of the game.

They weren't trash until made so by game changes. Kabam makes defensive champs for ...I don't know...defense. heaven forbid you want more than one of a very good defensive champ on defense.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    They claim they never specifically made champs for defense, but lo and behold the next champion added to the game's first strength is defense...
    Strengths
    - Alliance Wars Defense: Mephisto is designed to be the ultimate Alliance Wars Defender, both because of his Regeneration ability based on Souls and his Aura of Incineration. Pairing him up with Dormammu will provide both Champions a very good boost against Energy Damage over time effects like Magik’s Limbo. Be careful about feeding Mephisto’s Persistent Soul Charges!

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/24108/champion-spotlight-mephisto-updated-oct-2-14-50-pt/p1

Which you can still use. Just not 6 of them in one BG.
    Technically you can. You just won't get Diversity Points. You can also use him for Attack.
    Ratso if you can wait before ranking anything up for a little while I'd wait. Suspect that they aren't done changing war yet. I understand your frustration though. Most of use have some r5 benchwarmers.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    They claim they never specifically made champs for defense, but lo and behold the next champion added to the game's first strength is defense...
    Strengths
    - Alliance Wars Defense: Mephisto is designed to be the ultimate Alliance Wars Defender, both because of his Regeneration ability based on Souls and his Aura of Incineration. Pairing him up with Dormammu will provide both Champions a very good boost against Energy Damage over time effects like Magik’s Limbo. Be careful about feeding Mephisto’s Persistent Soul Charges!

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/24108/champion-spotlight-mephisto-updated-oct-2-14-50-pt/p1

Except the lack of challenging nodes SEVERLY diminished the value of a LOT of defensive champions

EVASION is like 90% a defensive ability and 10% annoying for the user! And yes Nightcrawler might not be specifically defensive because Swashbuckler is insane DPS but Spider-Man definitely is. And let’s not forget Mordo or awakened Medusa or even ELECTRO!
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Strengths

Except the lack of challenging nodes SEVERLY diminished the value of a LOT of defensive champions

EVASION is like 90% a defensive ability and 10% annoying for the user! And yes Nightcrawler might not be specifically defensive because Swashbuckler is insane DPS but Spider-Man definitely is. And let’s not forget Mordo or awakened Medusa or even ELECTRO!

That still doesn't mean it's necessary to fill the BG with the same Champs.
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    Strengths

You obviously don’t understand the issue here. Its not that you can’t use 6 of them, is that you can’t use 2 of them per BG because this diversity ****. So Not worth ranking up a champ for defense anymore. But before the AW update, it was worth ranking up for defense. We deserve compensation for the wasted resources and time spent ranking up champs that are AW defense oriented
    DJSergy wrote: »
    Strengths

You obviously don’t understand the issue here. Its not that you can’t use 6 of them, is that you can’t use 2 of them per BG because this diversity ****. So Not worth ranking up a champ for defense anymore. But before the AW update, it was worth ranking up for defense. We deserve compensation for the wasted resources and time spent ranking up champs that are AW defense oriented

Ranking a Champ is not worthless. Whether people Ranked the Champ for Defense alone or not, they're still using that Champ in whatever area they choose. Questing, Arena, AQ, wherever. If they choose not to use them, that's still a choice.
    Secondly, they're not responsible for our choices to Rank. Who we Rank and for what reason is up to us. Ranking is not worthless. It's how we advance our Accounts. Which is where decisions come in. It's our decision. We make choices to Rank Champs for our own purpose. Which we have been able to use up until the War changes. Now that we have to make different decisions, we have to use them for something else. If we choose not to, that's also a choice. It doesn't mean they owe us Tickets or Ranking Materials to have the best War Team at all times.
    I'm only talking ranking up champs to 4/55 that are used ONLY for defense. There are several aspects to the game:
    -AW offense
    -AQ offense
    -quests
    -special events
    -labyrinth
    -AW defense

Ranking up 5/50s is irrelevant to the discussion as those resources are unlimited, it's the T2A that matter. Why you would rank a champ that useful for only one thing just blows my mind.
    Strengths

Ranking a Champ is not worthless. Whether people Ranked the Champ for Defense alone or not, they're still using that Champ in whatever area they choose. Questing, Arena, AQ, wherever. If they choose not to use them, that's still a choice.
    Secondly, they're not responsible for our choices to Rank. Who we Rank and for what reason is up to us. Ranking is not worthless. It's how we advance our Accounts. Which is where decisions come in. It's our decision. We make choices to Rank Champs for our own purpose. Which we have been able to use up until the War changes. Now that we have to make different decisions, we have to use them for something else. If we choose not to, that's also a choice. It doesn't mean they owe us Tickets or Ranking Materials to have the best War Team at all times.

So you are basically saying we need to use the champions we specifically ranked up for AW defense for something else? I grinded for Dormammu and used a gem and ranked him up to 5/50 specifically for AW defnese. It was my decision, yes my decision only, but based on the current game system at the time. Now they have changed the rules and my resources spent are now useless. I can’t use him on AQ or AW offense he is not good enough for attack. And t4cc and a gem are not spent on a champ that you will use only on arena.

Again, you don’t understand the issue here.

If he's not good enough for ANYTHING except defense why would you put all those resources into him?
  • RatsoRatso Posts: 12
    For
    I'm only talking ranking up champs to 4/55 that are used ONLY for defense. There are several aspects to the game:
    -AW offense
    -AQ offense
    -quests
    -special events
    -labyrinth
    -AW defense

Ranking up 5/50s is irrelevant to the discussion as those resources are unlimited, it's the T2A that matter. Why you would rank a champ that useful for only one thing just blows my mind.

• Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Can someone explain the NON-defensive use of Limbo and Evade and Unstoppable and Indestructible and…

Sure they have merit in offense and personal use… Ultron evade saving me often with wonky specials I’m trying to Dex and, Unstoppable maybe in arena for fun but in practice rampage isn’t easy to pull off without stun chain like Hulk, Indesteuctible Luke Cage is very niche as time stalling, and Limbo yeah maybe good if you take a hit at the perfect time and get lucky

But these abilities are GLORIFIED as obstacles… ASTRAL EVADE being on of the worst as it ONLY specifically works when stunned and attacked. Reflect stun is EVEN worse when most stuns in the game are non-contact EXCEPT parry
    Strengths

So you are basically saying we need to use the champions we specifically ranked up for AW defense for something else? I grinded for Dormammu and used a gem and ranked him up to 5/50 specifically for AW defnese. It was my decision, yes my decision only, but based on the current game system at the time. Now they have changed the rules and my resources spent are now useless. I can’t use him on AQ or AW offense he is not good enough for attack. And t4cc and a gem are not spent on a champ that you will use only on arena.

If he's not good enough for ANYTHING except defense why would you put all those resources into him?

Being good for AW defense alone was a very important part of the game as AW is the fastest way to earn 5* shards. So tell me would you spend resources on an AQ champ like wolverine? What if kabam changes AQ and half if the map has healblock? He and most regen champs become useless, which is what happened with AW recent changes
    Strengths

Being good for AW defense alone was a very important part of the game as AW is the fastest way to earn 5* shards. So tell me would you spend resources on an AQ champ like wolverine? What if kabam changes AQ and half if the map has healblock? He and most regen champs become useless, which is what happened with AW recent changes

Well i would continue to use wolvie in quests so at least that's 2 areas where he's good
    Strengths

Well i would continue to use wolvie in quests so at least that's 2 areas where he's good

You don’t need wolvie for quests, any champ can be good for quests. He is great for AQ only. You also don’t seem to understand the issue here
    Last I checked he's still great in quests.
    Strengths

You don’t need wolvie for quests, any champ can be good for quests. He is great for AQ only. You also don’t seem to understand the issue here

The issue isn't people ranking up garbage champs who were defense only and those champs now becoming mostly useless?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    You ranked up a champion your never play with, nothings changed. You still get to not play with them. =P
    What's interesting is people are so against rtds that they won't admit there's actually been a large devaluation of champs. They just say "you shouldn't have ranked him up" or "there's nothing wrong" I'm not asking for rtds but there's been a big devaluation and war is also screwed up. So maybe add some value to the champs while fixing war.
    DaMunk wrote: »
    What's interesting is people are so against rtds that they won't admit there's actually been a large devaluation of champs. They just say "you shouldn't have ranked him up" or "there's nothing wrong" I'm not asking for rtds but there's been a big devaluation and war is also screwed up. So maybe add some value to the champs while fixing war.

Ya, RDT are without question the worst thing for the game so you have to fight it at all costs. I don't think anyone says they haven't been devalued, but you won't convince me someone who took antman or cyclops or spidey or w/e to 4/55 made anything other than a dumb decision.
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    Last I checked he's still great in quests.

But not all champions are good in many areas except only alliance war defense...#VVIP#
    Well you do get people acting like there's been no devaluation...cough...grounded wisdom..cough among others. It would make sense to r4 a Mordo but say someone else has too in your bg...oh well. That sucks.
    The scoring system has been the biggest problem all along. If diversity was supposed to be a tie breaker it might be worth the risk of having multiple of the same champ. The risk reward part of defense is all screwed up. We'd be better off putting the heat on kabam rather than each other.
    Well you do get people acting like there's been no devaluation...cough...grounded wisdom..cough among others. It would make sense to r4 a Mordo but say someone else has too in your bg...oh well. That sucks.
    The scoring system has been the biggest problem all along. If diversity was supposed to be a tie breaker it might be worth the risk of having multiple of the same champ. The risk reward part of defense is all screwed up. We'd be better off putting the heat on kabam rather than each other.

Mordo has amazing prestige so he's a monster for AQ
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 305

Mordo has amazing prestige so he's a monster for AQ

How he is monster for AQ..?
    edited October 2017
    Only if duped for AQ but not necessary for defense