**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I'm about to get my first four star, what are the best and worst?

I know starlord is good, and I know gwenpool is bad, but other than that what else should I look forward to?

My luck with three stars is really good, but class variety is really bad, I have one might class, 5 mystics with three of them duped, 5 cosmics with two of them duped (no awakening gems used) so I think I'd prefer a science or mutant class, or starlord for tech

Comments

• Options
    HuluhulaHuluhula Posts: 263
    Gwenpool is amazing Spider Gwen is bad
  • Options
    RaindoRaindo Posts: 39
    Huluhula wrote: »

That's the one I don't know why I said gwenpool haha
  • Options
    HawkeHawke Posts: 46
    This may be helpful for you:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i14qeIcxhS8
  • Options
    EliOrSomethingEliOrSomething Posts: 112 ★★
    you'll also be in good shape if you get a dr voodoo
  • Options
    MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    people hate on spider gwen, but she does hit like a hammer. only real thing bad is her evade is terrible and her l1 is useless. she is long over due for a buff.
  • Options
    Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    As a beginner you don't really wanna get Star Lord as your first 4-star. Mainly because he needs to be duped to be good, which means you need to get him twice, or awaken him with a 4-star awakening gem (very rare for beginners).

Champs like Gwenpool, Archangel, or Iceman are much better for beginners.
  • Options
    NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    MadMarks wrote: »
    people hate on spider gwen, but she does hit like a hammer. only real thing bad is her evade is terrible and her l1 is useless. she is long over due for a buff.

She hits like a hammer??? You mean a toy hammer right?
  • Options
    Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    NormanBJJ wrote: »
    MadMarks wrote: »

She hits like a hammer??? You mean a toy hammer right?

Those that make squeky noises when they hit something.

Honestly, Gwenpool's fluffy collector doll probably does more damage than Spoder Gwen.
  • Options
    ReinaReina Posts: 275
    Note: Stark Enhanced Spider-Man is a god tier but is not available in the 4shc
  • Options
    Also I forgot to put them in but Deadpool (X-Force) and Moon Night are good
  • Options
    @tufan_1974 yea I got a 3 star one out of the Egomaniac Crystal and she is not only a good damage dealer, but a ton of fun to play with
  • Options
    Ghost Rider is also great
  • Options
    Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    It being your first, they all will be good for clearing content. Level it up to rank 3 and goodluck
  • Options
    Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    Romyjart wrote: »
    The best characters I’d say are (God tier):
    Star Lord
    Gwenpool
    Hyperion
    IceMan
    Scarlet Witch
    Wolverine
    Doctor Vodoo
    Captain America WW2

Demi God
    Spider-Man (Classic)
    Nightcrawler
    Quake
    Mordo
    Rogue
    Magik
    Thor
    Hulk
    Wolverine X-23
    Storm
    Archangel
    Symbiote Spider-Man
    Deadpool (Red Suit)
    Black Bolt

Good
    Miles Morales
    Venom
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Howard
    Electro
    Ultranationalist
    Captain America
    King Groot
    Rocket Racoon
    Punisher
    Black Panther
    Dr. Strange
    Phoenix
    Captain Marvel
    Ms. Marvel
    Gambit
    Iron Fist
    Hood
    Daredevil
    Falcon
    Venompool
    Magneto
    Spider-Gwen

Meh
    Kamala Khan
    Joe Fix it
    Rhino
    Ant-Man
    Carnage
    Groot
    Hulkbuster
    War Machine
    Black Panther (Civil War)

God Awful
    Winter Soldier
    Abomination
    Iron Patriot
    Luke Cage
    Old Man Logan
    Colossus

Good list but most of these need to be duped to be in the tiers above. With over a 100 champs in the pool, dupping them will be unlikely.
    Undupped greats are Ultron, x23, hawkeye, gwenpool, hood, dormumu, gullitione
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    Good luck with your pull - presumably you're working on shards?

I'd listen to m'learned friend @DrZola and just make the most of whoever you get.

Some of the guys here forget that their fave characters need awakening to be 'gods' (Starlord, Spiderman, Scarlet Witch, Storm etc); whilst some that get a lot of negativity are actually very useful.

If my first four star had been Winter Soldier, or even Groot, I'd have been more than happy. Whoever it is, read through their abilities, think about how to get the best of them. Do look at their synergies, and think about building around them, since you'll presumably be using them a lot.

Trust me, even if it's Joe Fixit or Iron Patriot, don't let other people's opinions spoil your new champion for you. Go looking on the forums, and you'll find other people singing the praises of almost any champion (Like they have above, with Spidergwen).

Enjoy the game.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    The best champ as your 1st one probably would be ultron, immune and regen. Ghostrider would probably be too complicated, same with voodoo.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    @Raindo So...who did you get?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    MSRDLD wrote: »
    Who is this Ultranationalist and where can I get him?
    Romyjart wrote: »
    The best characters I’d say are (God tier):

Good
    Miles Morales
    Venom
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Howard
    Electro
    Ultranationalist

Ultron… it happens a lot
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Hawke wrote: »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1beR2CAlBQ2XBA3M1jJ1aPEfwE46eQt6LU-lzA0babxQ/edit#gid=0
    Here's his spreadsheet.

I don't 100% agree with his rankings, but it's a good start. The biggest thing to remember is that, like Dr Zola said, you will use whatever 4* you pull. And because that will be your first, you will probably learn that one better than any other champ for a while because you do use it so much.

A lot of the champs that are ranked highly also require a fair amount of skill and nuanced style to utilize properly. Star Lord is a prime example because he needs an un-interrupted hit streak to do his true damage. If you can't do more than 10 hits, then SL is barely a "Good Tier" champ.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    As always, whenever someone asks which champion is better and which is worse, I think the important question to ask is "better or worse at what?" Some champions have more utility in more situations but there's no such thing as a champion that is best at everything.

When you are first starting out in the game the natural tendency is to wonder who is better and who is worse. But as you play the game you will learn that the game presents different challenges in different ways and different champions have different strengths and weaknesses. For example, when you are questing there are many map that have very long paths. Each fight might not be especially hard, but you can still run out of health on those paths while technically winning almost every fight. When you've won nine fights in a row and then look at your team and all your champs have just a sliver of health left, you will have to start burning potions to finish that path. Champions that can recover health through some kind of healing become valuable in those situations. Wolverine, Dr. Voodoo, even Ultron can be extremely useful. But you will also face individual opponents that are very hard to kill, and in those single fights abilities like power control can become very valuable: if the champion cannot use special attacks and especially cannot build to special three attacks in a long fight a very dangerous enemy can become a very manageable one. A champion like Vision has relatively low damage but can kill a boss that relies on special attacks to be dangerous while taking practically no damage back.

When you are fighting in an alliance quest or a regular event quest you can figure out what you are going to fight: the enemies are usually not hidden and even if they are they are the same every time you run the map. You can do heroic to scout for master mode. But you won't know what you are going to face in alliance war. Some champions are more versatile when facing a random unknown champion. On the other hand, if you know you are going to be running the immunity path or bleed path on Map 5 certain champs are better than others on attack.

Especially when you are first starting out, the best question to ask is not what the best champion is, but rather what's the best champion you have to run a specific path on a specific map.
  • Options
    HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Huluhula wrote: »

Spider Gwen is not bad! She is MISUNDERSTOOD. Sp2 can do massive damage. But Gwenpool's better anyway.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    Is there a reason why all of these posts are flagged as spam? Has someone deputized himself or herself to hit threads and flag every post in them wholesale? More to the point, hasn't the anonymous flagging feature run its course? Seems like a shoddy way to allow someone who either doesn't have a point to make or isn't able to make it convincingly to tar community members who are actually trying to participate in the forums in a helpful and civil way.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    DrZola wrote: »
    Is there a reason why all of these posts are flagged as spam? Has someone deputized himself or herself to hit threads and flag every post in them wholesale? More to the point, hasn't the anonymous flagging feature run its course? Seems like a shoddy way to allow someone who either doesn't have a point to make or isn't able to make it convincingly to tar community members who are actually trying to participate in the forums in a helpful and civil way.

Dr. Zola

The flag system is just a forum short hand for essentially PMing a moderator to report a post for moderation. Occasionally someone just seems to start flagging everything, or everything a particular poster posts, or every post in a particular thread. There's no logical rhyme or reasons to it except I assume someone has some sort of mental issue. Abusing the flagging system is itself considered forum abuse and posters can be temporarily or permanently banned for repeated abuse of the system.

Sometimes the flagging is random or weird, but it is possible that the person who decided to flag all the posts in this thread is one of those sad souls that believes discussing strong champions encourages Kabam to nerf them, like the people who think talking about cancer causes you to get cancer. They can't present a logical reason for believing that, so they flag everything hoping that will discourage people from discussing the topic.

I have 76 drive-by flags at this point. It does not appear to be having the desired post-dampening effect in my case. I cannot imagine it having that effect on anyone else that has something to say. That element of futility does make the behavior a little sad.
  • Options
    KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    edited October 2017
    its your first , it dosent matter what is it , just learn how to play with him/her