**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Developers, why doesn't a "help all" button exists?

It would be awesome to help all of my alliance in a single tap.

Comments

• MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Would overload the server, mentioned it a couple of times a while back if I remember right.
  • This post needs to be bumped. I need a Help All button too! Not only for alliance help but also in arenas - Refresh All button. Thanks.
  • Like the servers aren’t already garbage.
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Kabam's server is that bad, sadly.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Morgan wrote: »
    Would overload the server, mentioned it a couple of times a while back if I remember right.

So transformers has it because servers are better of because none plays that game? mhm. weird.

Jokes aside, afaik one single loading time should be less heavy than 45 mashes.

Only played transformers a couple of times when it first came out so didn’t know that. But I’m just going from previous mod posts I’ve seen, been brought up a few times and that was the answer they gave. I do like the suggestion that @seanjohn7944 made though, that could be a good alternative if the help all still won’t be possible.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    I would settle for an option to have my champs go into automatic 'help requested' mode in arena before a button for help all is introduced. It's the most useless thing there is. I played my champs, of course I'm gonna ask help...
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I like a help all button and a feature to turn on auto help request.
  • B4nanaJoB4nanaJo Posts: 89
    edited October 2017
    If Kabam removed the 1,000 loyalty cap / Day and rewarded us 2 points per help then I would tolerate tapping the help button that many times.

It would be an added incentive to grind Arena for everyone in the alliance and allow Kabams gerbils to stay cool.

Simple, no?
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    When you click help you see what others opened or ranked and thus more exposure. Advertisement of sort.
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    The servers would not be harmed by a Help All button. It's the opposite.

Every time you hit the help button, the game sends a packet to the servers. I haven't peaked inside one of these, but logically it's going to contain a header (standard routing information that all packets have) and a few numbers to identify which champ from which player needs help. That's very, very little data, and the header almost certainly is bigger than the data.

If there were a Help All button, then the packet would contain a header and a list of numbers identifying the player and the champs that need help.

In other words, 20 "Help 4" requests means 20 headers and 80 player/champ IDs. One "Help All" request would mean 1 header and 80 player/champ IDs. That's LESS data hitting the servers.

Less data means less stress on the servers. I have no idea why Kabam is telling us that it would hurt the servers when it would actually make things easier on the servers.

Even if it were somehow bad for the servers, they could still easily make a Help All button. They could make the game so that it automatically sends out a help request every half second. This would be exactly the same as the players repeatedly hitting the button, just without making us hit the button.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    It's been discussed before. The servers wouldn't be able to process them.
  • PazPaz Posts: 2
    This issue has bugged me for years, I'm in an alliance where there are many grinders and if there's a decent champ I'm getting over 200+ requests for help, surely kabam have made enough money now to upgrade their servers( if this is a real issue stopping them) to sort this problem out, furthermore there has been a bug for as long as I can remember after tapping on 70-100 members help then that button that's supposed to help 4 people doesnt work so I have to tap on each and every members request manually.
    Why do this to us?? There must be a way to get this sorted and add a "help all" button I've played games online before recently and they all use help all button why the heck can't you!?
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    I was about to say something about how packets of data are transmitted and how a 1 contiguous block of data 100 bytes long is FAR more efficient and less taxing than 20 blocks of data 5 bytes long , but it looks like @JasonMBryant covered it.

I think people confuse the fact that the single packet of data 100bytes+header long is bigger than a single packet of data 5bytes+header long, but are forgetting that you aren't sending the 100bytes+header 20 times.

TL;DR: The reason they give is nonsense.
  • RichTheManRichTheMan Posts: 187 ★★★
    @JasonMBryant great insight there. It would be cool to see a feature like this. @Kabam Miike could you speak to your teams and maybe give us an answer on the subject that would much appreciated.