**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How does gifting work for players that have been in ally <14 days

SillyCaitlinSillyCaitlin Posts: 535
edited December 2020 in General Discussion
I sent a gift, however, there is no record in the ally points towards the event. Will the points for the gift I just sent appear in 3.5 days when I’m eligible to receive milestone and rank rewards? If not, can I contribute points in 3.5 days when I hit the 14 day mark, and will I be able to claim pst milestones?

Please help me understand how this works, as it does not work like other events where you can contribute, but have to wait to claim. Contributions do not show up at all, and it’s unclear if/when they will.

Comments

• SillyCaitlinSillyCaitlin Posts: 535

• IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    The safest thing to do is just wait, but I can try an answer you question in 2 days if no one else can sooner.
    Yeah, the fact nothing appears would seem to indicate units down the drain if spent prior. I’d definitely wait unless the devs confirm otherwise.
  • I sent a gift, however, there is no record in the ally points towards the event. Will the points for the gift I just sent appear in 3.5 days when I’m eligible to receive milestone and rank rewards?

No.

If not, can I contribute points in 3.5 days when I hit the 14 day mark, and will I be able to claim pst milestones?

Yes to the first, and I believe so to the second, provided to contribute enough points after the cooldown period to earn them.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,066 ★★★★★
    Points contributed prior to 14 days won't count towards your alliance milestones/rank rewards. So they're just solo points. After you've been in the alliance for the required 14 days, points thereafter will count.

Will the people who joined an alliance less than 14 days ago be able to claim the milestone rewards that have already been obtained?

There is an individual contribution minimum for ally milestones, so I’m guessing anything sent before the 14 days will not count towards milestone mins either.
    If there is a thread where these questions are already addressed, can anyone link it? I’ve done searches but cannot find
  • ToastyToasty Posts: 155 ★★
    I’m in the same situation, hopefully all the points will be added after the 14 day timer
    I mean, yeah I’d like to think they’d be added, but I don’t see them anywhere...
  • SteveMSteveM Posts: 188
    You should probably just wait until you meet the minimum time and then send them to be safe
    So how does the eligibility work to claim milestones if you’ve already done some gifting before becoming eligible?

Do none of the points you put up prior count towards mins for alliance milestones?

So let’s say I have 10,000 points towards the solo event right now but still need to wait two more days—

If I give a GGC in two days will my solo score be 13,000 and my ally score/contribution to milestone mins be 3,000?
  • Yes, Solo should be full 13,000.
    While Ally one will probably only be 3000 (whatever you gift AFTER your 14 day time).

Yes, Solo should be full 13,000.
    While Ally one will probably only be 3000 (whatever you gift AFTER your 14 day time).

Thank you
  • I can confirm that they do not count towards Alliance rewards. Kind of feel cheated.