**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Carnage nerf before release....

Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
After attending NYCC event I learned that Carnage was super overpowered before his release. He was then nerfed the week before.....why was he nerfed soo badly though? Could've gotten a little tweak but instead he's nearly worthless in my opinion....so Why such an extreme nerf from OP to Not useful?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Maybe they were in hurry and they nerfed him without testing. With luck we will be buffed a little in the future
  • HuluhulaHuluhula Posts: 263
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    After attending NYCC event I learned that Carnage was super overpowered before his release. He was then nerfed the week before.....why was he nerfed soo badly though? Could've gotten a little tweak but instead he's nearly worthless in my opinion....so Why such an extreme nerf from OP to Not useful?

They probably didn’t want people crying on the forums like they did with dr.strange
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Changes to a Champ before its release are not nerfs.

Technically this is, if what the OP said was factual and carnage could've potentially been a really good cosmic, and they chose to completely kill any of the "god tier" abilities he could have had almost right before his release....than that's a technical nerf.

But like exwhatever said, he'll probably be buffed in the future.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Watch Seatins video. Answer is in it
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

The person I talked to (Kabam developer) specifically said he was nerfed before his launch, and was nerfed too much.

SO I'M PRETTY SURE NERF is the correct term lol.

But hey you were there so you know better than me........

Technically, a Champ has to be playable to consider it a nerf. Otherwise it's revisions to the design before the release.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    So would you rather have a champ that is amazing for a while then neutered (Dr Strange) or a champ that was never good to begin with (Carnage)?
    R4GE wrote: »
    Watch Seatins video. Answer is in it

Why do I need to watch a video when I was told in person????

You asked why he was nerfed. Just saying, he asked also and got a good answer

The person I talked to (Kabam developer) specifically said he was nerfed before his launch, and was nerfed too much.

Technically, a Champ has to be playable to consider it a nerf. Otherwise it's revisions to the design before the release.

They can design a champ and realize before its release it is to powerful and nerf it. A champ doesn't have to be added to be nerfed. It can be nerfed multiple times during the design process

A nerf is significant changes to an existing Champ. It's really semantics, but the point is this happens quite often before the Champ is actually released. If it's still in the stages of being finalized, it's not really a nerf.
    Basically, he was so OP they had to nerf him. They made a mistake and nerfed him way to much.

DaMunk wrote: »

Technically even when you're wrong you're right is what you're saying. JHC
    Grounded is very special.

I'm making a distinction. When a Champ is still being finalized, according to the intended outcome, and it hasn't been released yet, that's not a nerf. It's still being designed. A nerf is a major change to a Champ that exists. If their intentions for a Champ change, that's still revising. It's an important disticntion to make because this is a window into the process of making a Champ, and not a nerf to a Champ that is already playable. While the information was shared, it was not the same as implying they nerfed him. He wasn't even released yet.
    See why grounded is taken as a joke? Dude literally said, "changed would be a better term". He doesn't want to admit he's wrong lmao. Pathetic.

I'm making a distinction. When a Champ is still being finalized, according to the intended outcome, and it hasn't been released yet, that's not a nerf. It's still being designed. A nerf is a major change to a Champ that exists. If their intentions for a Champ change, that's still revising. It's an important disticntion to make because this is a window into the process of making a Champ, and not a nerf to a Champ that is already playable. While the information was shared, it was not the same as implying they nerfed him. He wasn't even released yet.

Nerf = downgrade or make changes to in order to weaken, or whatever term you want to come up with. You're changing the meaning of nerf and that it can't even be used for something until its released.

There is a difference because that is not the same as nerfs that are commonly referred to here. When a Champ is still being finalized, that's a part of their design process. It's not a nerf. I'm making the distinction because the term was used loosely, and inevitably Nerf Posts will follow. The reality is, many changes are made in the design phase. Which is why they rarely talk about them. Questions about their processes follow.
    @Draco2199 Back to your thread. I think it was a mistake on their end they they admitted to and plan to revise him in the future. Thats what I collected of the video
    Yes, it's been mentioned that they're having more discussions on him.

Nerf = downgrade or make changes to in order to weaken, or whatever term you want to come up with. You're changing the meaning of nerf and that it can't even be used for something until its released.

There is a difference because that is not the same as nerfs that are commonly referred to here. When a Champ is still being finalized, that's a part of their design process. It's not a nerf. I'm making the distinction because the term was used loosely, and inevitably Nerf Posts will follow. The reality is, many changes are made in the design phase. Which is why they rarely talk about them. Questions about their processes follow.

Oh, so they nerfed him right?

Nerf still means nerf regardless of how its been mentioned in other threads. There was never another thread to talk about changes of a champ before its release for you to even make that comparison or come up with your own conclusions.

Nerf can happen before and after release. No matter how you want to try and turn it, you're wrong. As usual, others are disagreeing with you as well, they have common sense. If they can't change your mind and you can't change yours then simply move on and quit destroying threads.
This discussion has been closed.