Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

200,000 5* shards

We should be able to purchase any 5* we wish for the price of 200,000 5* shards. And if you purchase two of the same it simply awakens them, not 20 sig levels. I, like many of us, have over 30 5*s, 27 of which will never make it to r4 because the SUCK. 7 that can make a case for r3, however still not ideal and only ranked because of expiring t4cs.....

Why is this unreasonable?

Comments

• Options
    NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    "200,000 5 star shards" lookin ass
    Buying champs would take away the progression and would make crystals less fun to open
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    To be fair the amount of time it would take to get 200k shards would be ridiculous alone, so 400k shards to awaken a champ wouldn't make any troubles to the game as so few would even do it.
  • Options
    NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    To be fair the amount of time it would take to get 200k shards would be ridiculous alone, so 400k shards to awaken a champ wouldn't make any troubles to the game as so few would even do it.

200k for 1 champ doesnt even make any sense, thats 20 5 star champs right there, or 13 featured champs
  • Options
    Katy_CandyKaty_Candy Posts: 175
    I dont agree. Purchasing champs turns this into a whole different game.
  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Okkkkayy wrote: »
    NormanBJJ wrote: »

200k for 1 champ doesnt even make any sense, thats 20 5 star champs right there, or 13 featured champs

I would trade 20 if the champs I have for Say... SL right now. Here they are
    Spidey awakened(my alliance has 10 at r4, thanks diversity)
    Cosmic spidey
    Colossus
    Like cage
    Rocket raccoon
    BP
    Hulkbuster
    Juggy
    Cyclops
    Magneto
    Rhino
    Antman
    Gambit
    Iron fist
    Old man Logan
    She hulk
    Netflix DD
    Jane foster
    Iron patriot

Ok so it’s 19. But I’m sure Gwen andgroot or Karnak etc are right around the bend.

I have no use for any of these champs. Absolutely no use. And never will

So you never do arena? Because each one gives about 20k points in arena and 20 gives about 400k.
  • Options
    No I never do arena nor have interest in doing so.
  • Options
    TempestTempest Posts: 295
    Why not just save the shards and then open 13 featured of that champ you want? YOu'll get him at least once, right?
  • Options
    Well I’ve opened 7 features and gotten one... iceman. So this doesn’t solve the problem.

Could even do 200k for a champ available in standard 5* crystals or 300k for a feature champ of your choice. I’d buy these and gladly sacrifice not being able to competitively compete in any mundane arena.
  • Options
    Tempest wrote: »
    Why not just save the shards and then open 13 featured of that champ you want? YOu'll get him at least once, right?

And to add on. Not only are you not guaranteed to get terrible champs, I have no interest in most features either.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,770 ★★★★★
    I'm sure you are not the only one in the game that has champions that they don't use anywhere, except in the arenas.
  • Options
    NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    We should be able to purchase any 5* we wish for the price of 200,000 5* shards. And if you purchase two of the same it simply awakens them, not 20 sig levels. I, like many of us, have over 30 5*s, 27 of which will never make it to r4 because the SUCK. 7 that can make a case for r3, however still not ideal and only ranked because of expiring t4cs.....

like many of us??????
    I'm pretty sure only the top guys have above 30 5 stars.
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Injustice lets you purchase character cards. They do alright. Just sayin'
  • Options
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    I'm sure you are not the only one in the game that has champions that they don't use anywhere, except in the arenas.

That’s my point exactly. As I originally posted “I, like many of us, have.....”

I’m making a recommendation on improving the game. There was a comment earlier about “this takes the excitement out”

Incorrect, I’m never l excited to open a crystal. Knowing that there is a very small chance to get something I want. Imagine, if Las Vegas only had games with low percentage chances to win... black jack for and example. You have pretty good odds of winning every hand. Now if that chance was 2% for a 2:1 return on your money. No one would play.

Increase drops rates would result in more excitement on opening crystals. I’d probably arena for more shards in that case. Currently. 98% of he time it’s just a huge let down

So increase rates, make better champs, or allow us to buy the ones we want.
  • Options
    NDK13 wrote: »

like many of us??????
    I'm pretty sure only the top guys have above 30 5 stars.

Right... well this is the disappointment you have to look forward to. Sorry for the spoilers lol
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,770 ★★★★★
    Buying champs is not an option. Buffing them probably is the best thing to do, but they will never be as strong as some other characters and people would still crying over decent champs
  • Options
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Buying champs is not an option. Buffing them probably is the best thing to do, but they will never be as strong as some other characters and people would still crying over decent champs

Yea man. I’m just throwing out ideas on how to make this game better, it’s terrible compared to what it was a year ago this time. Kabam seems to have pretty bad ideas on how to improve it on their own. So I’m just hoping they can use our feedback for possible ways to improve, since we are the ones playing it.
  • Options
    G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Im fine with this, 200k star shards, only hard core or lomg time vets, will be able to do this, which no matter how much real money you spend no newbies could take advantage of this. It sounds good to me. I mean if you have 200k 5star, im sure you've already been uncollected, finished act 4 and LOL. So why not.
  • Options
    G0311 wrote: »
    Im fine with this, 200k star shards, only hard core or lomg time vets, will be able to do this, which no matter how much real money you spend no newbies could take advantage of this. It sounds good to me. I mean if you have 200k 5star, im sure you've already been uncollected, finished act 4 and LOL. So why not.

Exactly. I’ve finished all content except LoL. My choice is to spend 10k units to do LoL when I would be able to do it in 2k or less with an appropriate champ(incredibly irritating) or sit on my hands. Bored. Because now with war being terrible there is literally nothing in the game for me to do for fun... master event quests... Boring and way easy.

Been playing this game along time. Same with many of my alliance mates. We have a new 300-500k player quit the game every week. I’m just bringing to light that a lot of longtime vets are getting bored and sick of stuff like this. Im sure kabam honestly does not like seeing these people walk away...
  • Options
    StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    NormanBJJ wrote: »
    "200,000 5 star shards" lookin ass
    Buying champs would take away the progression and would make crystals less fun to open

I sure as hell didn't have fun getting Netflix Daredevil
  • Options
    HawkeHawke Posts: 46
    I think his point is the utility component (apart from strictly arena grinding) for MOST 5 *'s is complete ****. I don't necessarily agree that you should be allowed to purchase the champion you want. I do, however, think Kabam has really dropped the ball when it comes to end game enjoyment when you look at the time it takes to earn 5* shards and the tremendous letdown most people feel when opening one.
  • Options
    Vis123456789Vis123456789 Posts: 69
    Lol they should do a function where u can sacrifice 5 bad 5 stars to get a chance at the featured
  • Options
    Lol they should do a function where u can sacrifice 5 bad 5 stars to get a chance at the featured

Even this would be an improvement on the current system
  • Options
    Vis123456789Vis123456789 Posts: 69
    my ideas good as it means that while someplayers might use this second chance to get a good character, others might get a bad character again making it a bad trade but hey they took the risk
  • Options
    YodieYodie Posts: 67
    This guy would never be able to touch the 200k shard he's asking to purchase with .no arena probably in a tier 12 alliance just another troll that has to go back under the bridge
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    I am in favor of loosening up on the goods to raise champs but not keen on the idea of selling them as specific champs guaranteed. Only "for sale" champs should be like deadpool.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    And I am okay with kabam doing that...if they loosen up with the rest.