**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What's with the domino bashing?

Comments

• Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Etjama said:

Texas_11 said:

Moot4Life said:

0/10 No utility and sometimes good damage, synergy reliant

She has some utility,

Non contact hits ,
    Limber bypass
    15% AAR good enough for magik
    65% chance to shrug bleed

A lot of mutants or synergy reliant, but yeah basically hit or miss on damage and not really a counter for anything in particular.
    See, that's my problem. You just mentioned all her utility and none of it is reliable which is quite honestly just unacceptable (except for the Limber bypass which is synergy reliant). You can't use her for any bleed nodes or champs since its just a chance to shrug off bleed and her AAR isn't even close to being reliable enough. 15% really isn't enough for Magik at all. A max sig Magik is still going to proc limbo 85% of the time. And sure, that AAR can go up a bit, but not enough. And in order to use any of her non-contact hits, you also have to use contact hits which defeats the whole purpose.
    I understand. in this same thread , I wrote my thoughts on her in general. But I said she has some utility , not necessarily reliable utility.

I have her at rank 3 6* and sometimes I can’t believe what I see and other times , I’m just like... this can’t be right for an R3. I truly believe that if they didn’t remove that SP2 attack bonus , domino would still be in top tier just because of her damage.

But when she can’t do that consistently , it jeopardizes her overall standings in the mutant class . When you look at someone like havok or even Emma frost , at least they have consistent damage with more utility.
    Yeah, I was just elaborating, not disagreeing. I agree with most of what you say except for her still being top tier if they didn't remove the Sp2 bonus. I'd rather have utility over damage any day and her damage would still be RNG based.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    arsjum said:

Etjama said:

Texas_11 said:

Moot4Life said:

She has some utility,

Non contact hits ,
    Limber bypass

A lot of mutants or synergy reliant, but yeah basically hit or miss on damage and not really a counter for anything in particular.
    See, that's my problem. You just mentioned all her utility and none of it is reliable which is quite honestly just unacceptable (except for the Limber bypass which is synergy reliant). You can't use her for any bleed nodes or champs since its just a chance to shrug off bleed and her AAR isn't even close to being reliable enough. 15% really isn't enough for Magik at all. A max sig Magik is still going to proc limbo 85% of the time. And sure, that AAR can go up a bit, but not enough. And in order to use any of her non-contact hits, you also have to use contact hits which defeats the whole purpose.
    Once again, you are talking theories without any practical experience of using a high ranked Domino. Just name me a Magik from the game. Act 6, Act 7, Labyrinth. Just any. I'll show you how Domino deals with it.
    I used Domino for my initial Labyrinth clear (path 4) and couple of more till I got Aegon. She managed that Magik fight very good and I was impressed by how rarely the limbo proc. Not the best option for Magik fights for sure but far from the worst either.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    arsjum said:

Texas_11 said:

Etjama said:

Texas_11 said:

Moot4Life said:

She has some utility,

Non contact hits ,
    Limber bypass

I understand. in this same thread , I wrote my thoughts on her in general. But I said she has some utility , not necessarily reliable utility.

I have her at rank 3 6* and sometimes I can’t believe what I see and other times , I’m just like... this can’t be right for an R3. I truly believe that if they didn’t remove that SP2 attack bonus , domino would still be in top tier just because of her damage.

But when she can’t do that consistently , it jeopardizes her overall standings in the mutant class . When you look at someone like havok or even Emma frost , at least they have consistent damage with more utility.
    When you use Domino with her full synergy, neither Havok nor Emma have more consistent damage than her. I, too, have her at rank 3 6 star and sometimes 3 seconds into the fight and she's dealing 5-6k incinerate damage per tick which translates into 10-12k per second. Of course, that's rng based. If you could dish out that damage right out of the gate on demand, it would have been broken imo. Even on the lower end of it, her parry heavy is going to start dealing 2-3k damage per tick. Emma cannot even compete with it. You have to build up her prowess to deliver a massive sp2. Otherwise, Emma's damage output is average.

People mistakenly say that Domino's good damage is rng based. No, her good damage is consistent. It is her ridiculous damage output that is rng based.
    I just don’t know about full synergy team consistent damage. Because he has the lucky or unlucky mechanic , this literally makes her inconsistent if that makes sense. Her damage goes up and down. If we are talking about her heavy attack only, sure that’s consistent enough.
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Texas_11 said:

Etjama said:

Texas_11 said:

Moot4Life said:

She has some utility,

Non contact hits ,
    Limber bypass

Yeah, I was just elaborating, not disagreeing. I agree with most of what you say except for her still being top tier if they didn't remove the Sp2 bonus. I'd rather have utility over damage any day and her damage would still be RNG based.
    Can you imagine what a 3k attack bonus on SP2 would mean for her ? Even if she didn’t crit? That’s pretty substantial, I agree I’m more of a utility guy myself , but being able to bypass limber is still pretty good. If you parry and with her 15% ability that’s an extra 35% aar not great, but a little behind ronin and some other skill champs.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Etjama said:

Texas_11 said:

Etjama said:

Texas_11 said:

Moot4Life said:

She has some utility,

Non contact hits ,
    Limber bypass

Can you imagine what a 3k attack bonus on SP2 would mean for her ? Even if she didn’t crit? That’s pretty substantial, I agree I’m more of a utility guy myself , but being able to bypass limber is still pretty good. If you parry and with her 15% ability that’s an extra 35% aar not great, but a little behind ronin and some other skill champs.
    And don't forget the incinerates there are nodes you need incinerates for. She works perfectly for them. Her power gain on perfect blocks makes spamming specials easy.
  • Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    FritoPlay said:

Obviously she is great but times are changing. Certain people don't know how to react to that, so they bash domino instead of lifting up the new champs.

She is RNG reliant and it seems summoner are always shafted from Kabams RNG.

The funny thing is, I openly believe Book 2 is incredibly Domino-friendly. So many Power Shield nodes that, with her naturally high-to-absurd special attack damage, removes a lot of the RNG needed to KO the opponent. At least that was my experience with her. There were very few lanes I actually felt I needed someone else to clear, and most of those were the class-specific lanes.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    YoMoves said:

FritoPlay said:

Obviously she is great but times are changing. Certain people don't know how to react to that, so they bash domino instead of lifting up the new champs.

She is RNG reliant and it seems summoner are always shafted from Kabams RNG.

The funny thing is, I openly believe Book 2 is incredibly Domino-friendly. So many Power Shield nodes that, with her naturally high-to-absurd special attack damage, removes a lot of the RNG needed to KO the opponent. At least that was my experience with her. There were very few lanes I actually felt I needed someone else to clear, and most of those were the class-specific lanes.
    I too did whole paths in act 7 with domino.

• Options
    YoMoves said:

Texas_11 said:

Domino is not bad, like many mutants she has that parry mechanic , and red hulk is a synergy must.

The issue is her damage is inconsistent, which in some sweaty content, it’s not ideal to have your 3/45 domino hitting for 3k because she didn’t crit , where the last fight it just hit for 140k.

They removed a very important mechanic from her when she was released. which was being able to crit bleed on her SP2( it never actually made it into the game) “ If she bled in a fight she would receive an extra 3k attack or something) see below :

As the Heath pools got larger and node combos became more than 300% health, and more complicated, domino wasn’t able to keep up with the demand of node combos. On top of that every other champ could hit just as hard as her and more reliable , this is because most mutants have prowess. She is still a banger of a champ, but more of a luxury nowadays.

The hate stems from people still living out the glory days of domino when the game has shifted so far, in comparison to :

Hyperion, Magik, Blade, Omega red, Emma frost, Aegon, void , CAPIW, Corvus , Ghost, Symiote Suprme.

Domino , is still trying to find a hit record or what we call a one hit wonder or a trend , while the rest of the champs are still on top of the charts.

That is actually incorrect.

She can triple crit bleed on her L2, which melts all bleedable health bars regardless of their size.

What they removed was that the attack bonus from 'if she's bled this fight' does not apply to her bleeds. What was originally a bug became design because, at the time, it was the single greatest source of damage in the game for next to no buildup (literally have suicides on and throw an L2).

It's now in a position slightly similar to pre-12.0 Thor and BW-what was broken then would simply be 'very good' now.
    Thank you for the correction. Her bleeds did not benefit from that SP2 bonus attack, which would have been game breaking at the time. Thor with unlimited armor breaks is kind of what cosmic Spider-Man is now if I’m being honest.

I also think BW pre 12.0 was still very strong 100% AAR at all times, while just playing normal would be game breaking today. Falcon has 16 seconds of 100% and quake still has 100% on heavy.

• Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

These people here hating on Domino thinking it's cool when they are the ones who would jump from the couch if they ever pull her ..lol go on.

She is amazing as a champ alone and she is built for long fights ..my Domino agst WS ROL does 16k bleeds per tick once the fights gets deeper and this is without suicides so imagine the bleeds per tick with suicides and on power shield node...yeah she is RNG based but her RNG usually favours you as the match goes deep.

I already have her as a 5* and I haven’t even r2ed her. She is just too unreliable to rank up over some of the other characters I own.
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Rohit_316 said:

These people here hating on Domino thinking it's cool when they are the ones who would jump from the couch if they ever pull her ..lol go on.

She is amazing as a champ alone and she is built for long fights ..my Domino agst WS ROL does 16k bleeds per tick once the fights gets deeper and this is without suicides so imagine the bleeds per tick with suicides and on power shield node...yeah she is RNG based but her RNG usually favours you as the match goes deep.

I already have her as a 5* and I haven’t even r2ed her. She is just too unreliable to rank up over some of the other characters I own.
    I get that ..There are more OP mutants now but as somebody said in comments , every champ has his/her use somewhere in the game ..and she does her thing very well whenever needed.
  • Options
    IceBroIceBro Posts: 179 ★★
    edited December 2020
    I still believe Domino is a beyond god tier, top 5 mutant simply because of the fact that her damage is so good... that utility isn't even an issue really. You could literally parry the whole fight, power gained is further enhanced with the longshot synergy, and kill the opponent with sp3s/sp2s if you want and take minimal block damage. Or you could just do the popular method of parrying and spamming heavies to down them. Many people still use her for act 6 and act 7 and there is good reason for that. Her AAR is random but effective when you need it kind of like Blade.

Edit: And she can even be a horseman or have prof x on her team! Her potential is even more insane now!
  • Options
    rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 572 ★★★
    Another over looked fight is with electro, awakened domino can bypass electros static damage very reliably. When that red icon doesnt pop up over electro she takes damage. I have also done biohazard path using her. My 5/65 Domino, 4/40 rhulk and 3* masacre cleared the irritating 5.3 all chapters. And mutant class is the top damage dealers right now in the game. 1 heave incinerate is all it takes to clear the heroic and master monthly eq fights for resources and units. This along with all other things that others have said. She is an awesome champ and holds her place in the current game meta.
  • Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    IKON said:

Damage is the best utility. I don't need to shut down KO'd Opponents.

Show me someone who wants to use EF more than Domino, and I'll show you someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

EF? Electro Fury? Now THERE'S a mashup I'd want to get my hands on.