**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam secretley tweeked Parry

Love how Parry timing is much shorter now and was obviously nerfed so you need almost perfect timing to stun..

Another secret update swept under the rug hoping community wouldnt notice...any patch notes ?

Comments

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I'm having better luck now. It's actually working pretty well. It was horrible after 14.0 for me.
  • Love how Parry timing is much shorter now and was obviously nerfed so you need almost perfect timing to stun..

Another secret update swept under the rug hoping community wouldnt notice...any patch notes ?

It was mentioned on their patch notes... Parry is much easier now.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Qwerty wrote: »
    actually since 15.1, parry has gotten quite loose in its timing. it's so much easier to parry now.

I don't know if it is a lot better, but it does seem noticeably better. There's one fight in particular I've been using as the benchmark for parry: I take path 5 in section one of Map 5 and my go-to is OG Vision for Abomination. That fight is a non-stop parry, attack, power burn, repeat. I probably do a dozen parries or more in that fight, especially on day 5. A single missed parry and half my health vanishes because that turkey hits like a freight train. It is noticeably easier for me to get through that fight basically unscathed these days.

Also, the latest bunch of patches seems to have alleviated the horrible lag on app switch. It has replaced it with lesser random lag that pops up when I play more than a little while in a row, but the worst of it on app switch or notification pop up seems so far to be mostly history.
  • D_S_D_S_ Posts: 159
    Forgive me if I don’t convey this clearly...

I used to be able to do a 4 hit combo, dash back, and then immediately parry the opponent when they immediately dashed towards me.

Since the update, it seems as though you can’t so this anymore. It’s Almost like you have to wait longer before you can parry. Or that your champ has to ever so slightly start moving forward to land a successful parry. Now when I try to parry immediately after dashing back I just end up getting a block.

Anyone else experiencing this as well?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Depends on which parry you're talking about.

Combo-parry seems to be working quite well. Rhythmically timed M-L-L-L-M-Parry-repeat. Works as long as the AI attacks after your combo.

Parrying a dashed attack was horrible after 15.1 although it's been slightly better since the hot fix. It's still unreliable and seems to be very dependent on which champs are involved (both yours and AI). Some champs like Thor can't parry at all (which sucks because his sig is stun-based), but others seem to work fine. It feels like every AI champ is like an awakened BlackWidow. When you think you've timed it right, you haven't and end up taking a combo to the face. When you're just trying to block and not parry (like against BPCW) then you end up doing the parry and again take a combo after the stun reflect.
  • HuluhulaHuluhula Posts: 263
    “Working as intended” for me
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    Parry hasn’t been half-bad. Even Mordo (nearly a year after early owners noted he struggled parrying after a combo) can usually string combos and parries. Only issue I seem to still have is swipe back just not working and occasionally having to hit the special button three times to get it to work. Not a rousing success, but a modest improvement.

Dr. Zola
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Morgan wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Qwerty wrote: »
    actually since 15.1, parry has gotten quite loose in its timing. it's so much easier to parry now.

I don't know if it is a lot better, but it does seem noticeably better. There's one fight in particular I've been using as the benchmark for parry: I take path 5 in section one of Map 5 and my go-to is OG Vision for Abomination. That fight is a non-stop parry, attack, power burn, repeat. I probably do a dozen parries or more in that fight, especially on day 5. A single missed parry and half my health vanishes because that turkey hits like a freight train. It is noticeably easier for me to get through that fight basically unscathed these days.

Also, the latest bunch of patches seems to have alleviated the horrible lag on app switch. It has replaced it with lesser random lag that pops up when I play more than a little while in a row, but the worst of it on app switch or notification pop up seems so far to be mostly history.

Partially agree.

5 hit combo quick parry now works.

Quickdraw parry is in a worse situation than 14.0

As for the fight you refer to, i do the same path, and i'm the boss killer in my Group. What i can say is that against every large foe (dormi, juggs, abo) there's alwais, ALWAIS stuttering or min lag when they quickdraw light attack you. Which usually ends in a block, or worse, 5 slaps to the face.

Your case, i take, is walling them then 5combo into parry. that works fine (less day 4 and 5 where the AI Waits 0.5 seconds before attacking back - which you can adjust to delaying the parry).

With Abomination in particular, I'm not noticing the issue you are seeing. Yes, 5 combo+parry is preferred, but his AI won't let you do that indefinitely. He starts using heavies or just plain delaying, and certainly this doesn't work consistently when you are trying to bait specials. In situations where I have to quick parry a light attack, it seems about the same as before. YMMV.
    As parry reference tho, i suggest you to try any Yellowjacket. His medium attack, no clue why, is 90% parry proof no matter the timing. It seems the animation stutters so bad that pulling out a parry is completely up to sheer luck.

I haven't noticed that with Yellowjacket. What I have noticed is that at some point, and I'm not precisely sure when it happened, Yellowjacket watched Dave's intercept video. His ability to intercept the player in the last third of the fight is actually pretty good now, at least when I'm fighting him.

• Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    I can parry like a god.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    ^^^ AI as a whole has been watching Dave's videos on intercepting and parry (especially in arenas).