**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why I think Sorcerer Supreme is a top 3 mystic.

Comments

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Longshot is like the Domino of the mystics.

I think both Symbiote and Sorceress Supreme share the 3rd spot.

I still don't understand why people would place sym supreme as highly as sorcerer. It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

To me, sym doesn't even break the top 8 mystics.
    Because of his complete dominance in buff heavy matchups. If you've used him in those matches best suited for him, there's no denying his usefulness.

Also, who would you place above him?
    That is basically the only thing he does.

I'd put Doom, Claire, sorcerer, tigra, Morningstar, Mojo, dragon man, Longshot, above him. Even mephisto and dormammu have much more utility than him.
    Mystics are generally seen as auxiliary champions, known to excel at nullifying and having complete control over fights. When a champion, in this case, Sym. Supreme, does those things incredibly well, it's no surprise he's regarded as a top mystic.
    That not the point. Other mystics I mentioned actually do things outside of "buff control", and aren't overly dependent on their opponents having buffs in order for them to shine. Sym supreme has a big problem in this regard.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

I still don't understand why people would place sym supreme as highly as sorcerer. It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Because of his complete dominance in buff heavy matchups. If you've used him in those matches best suited for him, there's no denying his usefulness.

I'd put Doom, Claire, sorcerer, tigra, Morningstar, Mojo, dragon man, Longshot, above him. Even mephisto and dormammu have much more utility than him.
    He is niche but he works fantastically in those matchups.
    When those "matchups" is exclusive to 1% of scenarios, you know there's a problem.
    What a gross exaggeration. Pretty much any matchup with one or two consistent buffs he can absolutely dominate. He’s basically a mystic torch/archangel. Take your pick whichever you prefer.

He’s not as good as either of those champs, but absolutely as dominant where he works. Sym supreme has been one of the all time MVP’s for my account, and still sees incredibly frequent use even with Claire, doom, magik, Kali, etc
    I'd still rather use Longshot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

Knew the Claire fan club would turn this into a train wreck, but didn't expect the Sym squad to come crawling out of the woodwork.

Do you actually like any character? Whenever people say good things about literally any champion you always come in with your crippling negativity about them.
    That's not even remotely true but keep trying
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    I like to think as the Regen on block as very high BP
  • Options
    Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Knew the Claire fan club would turn this into a train wreck, but didn't expect the Sym squad to come crawling out of the woodwork.

Do you actually like any character? Whenever people say good things about literally any champion you always come in with your crippling negativity about them.
    Well I'd hope its not true. Just never seen you really getting behind a champion is all.
    The only champs he truly gets behind are his rank 3s
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Unio77 said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Well I'd hope its not true. Just never seen you really getting behind a champion is all.

I mean that's quite a lot not gonna lie...
  • Options
    Qacob said:

Unio77 said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

I mean that's quite a lot not gonna lie...
    Exactly my point 👀
  • Options
    Unio77 said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

I have 3 of the 4 champs being talked about at R3 and the 4th will be my 4th. Try again
  • Options

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

When those "matchups" is exclusive to 1% of scenarios, you know there's a problem.
    What a gross exaggeration. Pretty much any matchup with one or two consistent buffs he can absolutely dominate. He’s basically a mystic torch/archangel. Take your pick whichever you prefer.

He’s not as good as either of those champs, but absolutely as dominant where he works. Sym supreme has been one of the all time MVP’s for my account, and still sees incredibly frequent use even with Claire, doom, magik, Kali, etc
    Then you’re insane.
    Ok. 👍🏾

Idk why you wanna turn this into a personal attack.
    It’s not a personal attack. It’s just absolute madness to use Longshot for buff control over Sym supreme. Longshot has an unreliable auto nullify, and a fate seal on the SP2 that is conditional on having an incinerate debuff on the opponent

Sym on the other hand, is constantly placing staggers and cycling through SP3’s which have an unconditional fate seal on them. Nobody controls buffs like Sym Supreme.
    Only situation LS is better is when there's mystic ward or some other nullify/ability accuracy reduction. Also the only reason my LS is R2
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Then you’re insane.
    Ok. 👍🏾

Idk why you wanna turn this into a personal attack.
    It’s not a personal attack. It’s just absolute madness to use Longshot for buff control over Sym supreme. Longshot has an unreliable auto nullify, and a fate seal on the SP2 that is conditional on having an incinerate debuff on the opponent

Sym on the other hand, is constantly placing staggers and cycling through SP3’s which have an unconditional fate seal on them. Nobody controls buffs like Sym Supreme.
    Only situation LS is better is when there's mystic ward or some other nullify/ability accuracy reduction. Also the only reason my LS is R2
    I can agree with that. I haven’t taken mine up because I haven’t encountered that situation thus far, but that’s probably his best use as a nullifier
  • Options
    Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

For one, I think arguing over top whatever order is one of the dumbest biggest wastes of time you can possibly do. Two, I just think most of people's reasonings for saying Claire, and in this case, Sym are so good are just either completely wrong or grossly overstated.

I have 6* Doom, Sorcerer, and Sym at R3 and Claire will be the 4th. They're all good champs that have their uses. I still think Sorcerer is easily the 2nd most useful mystic behind Doom unless you're a permanent suicide user or absolutely need immunity for a specific matchup, which is the absolute only situation I'd ever use Claire over any of the other 3.
    As for the first paragraph, I think its absolutely not a waste of time to compare champion's usefulness, it can help with rank up decisions and finding out specific details about certain champions from people that have really invested in them. And no offense but you cannot just decide if people are right or wrong about a subjective topic, no one can.

As for the second paragraph... Damn
    It's never actually comparing anything though hardly. It's usually just people arguing about who they like more. Any champ is as useful as a person can use them effectively. If a person can't use sorcerer for whatever reason then the champ is useless. It's all subjective and I truly think a complete waste of time arguing about. Champs are either useful or not useful. Arguing about rankings is just stupid.

All the champs mentioned are useful. Some are more typically situational than others. If people clear content with them, who cares about ranking them? It's not like anyone is in here saying iron fist is the best mystic option for anything.
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

For one, I think arguing over top whatever order is one of the dumbest biggest wastes of time you can possibly do. Two, I just think most of people's reasonings for saying Claire, and in this case, Sym are so good are just either completely wrong or grossly overstated.

I have 6* Doom, Sorcerer, and Sym at R3 and Claire will be the 4th. They're all good champs that have their uses. I still think Sorcerer is easily the 2nd most useful mystic behind Doom unless you're a permanent suicide user or absolutely need immunity for a specific matchup, which is the absolute only situation I'd ever use Claire over any of the other 3.
    As for the first paragraph, I think its absolutely not a waste of time to compare champion's usefulness, it can help with rank up decisions and finding out specific details about certain champions from people that have really invested in them. And no offense but you cannot just decide if people are right or wrong about a subjective topic, no one can.

It's never actually comparing anything though hardly. It's usually just people arguing about who they like more. Any champ is as useful as a person can use them effectively. If a person can't use sorcerer for whatever reason then the champ is useless. It's all subjective and I truly think a complete waste of time arguing about. Champs are either useful or not useful. Arguing about rankings is just stupid.

All the champs mentioned are useful. Some are more typically situational than others. If people clear content with them, who cares about ranking them? It's not like anyone is in here saying iron fist is the best mystic option for anything.
    Fair point... but you gotta admit that iron fist is a lot of fun to play.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

In b4 KD's new thread: "Hear me out....Iron Fist is the best mystic and it isn't even close"
  • Options
    Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Fair point... but you gotta admit that iron fist is a lot of fun to play.
    I refuse to rank my 5* any higher just to make sure he's still at the bottom of my roster to get arena streaks going
  • Options
    FancysonFancyson Posts: 75
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Well that 1% just so happens to be several important fights in abyss of legends and several bosses in act 6 and 7 which already makes him up there in the mystic rankings. Sorceror supreme is more versatile but she doesn't dominate in the right match ups as much as sym supreme does imo.